• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DACA expected to be ruled illegal

Should DACA be saved, congress pass a law?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Under American law, that's called "trafficking", and it is a felony if convicted. But then some on the right don't mind if it's "undesirables" that are shipped in such an illegal manner, as to them the ends justify the means.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Shipped?

What don’t you like about migrants?

What threat do they pose to America?
They are typically darker skinned. Left unchecked, they will darken my comfort zone, marry my grandchildren, and, before you know it, I'll find myself with a bunch of ...

wait a minute ..​

dang - what cute little grandkids!​

Never mind. I have to go change some diapers.

Orbit

I'm a planet
That's why they are being shipped to the left-wing sanctuary cities so the left-wing can show everyone in the nation how capable and loving they are.

These are kids born in the US, whose first language is English. They have gone to school in the US, found jobs in the US, and don't need to be ethnically cleansed by relocation.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
These are kids born in the US, whose first language is English. They have gone to school in the US, found jobs in the US, and don't need to be ethnically cleansed by relocation.
Well I probably should have clarified concerning the kids that essentially had no real choice in coming here. If they meet eligibility requirements, I suppose that aspect shouldn't be an issue.

Shaul

Premium Member
So your position on this policy is that it should be passed into law? As it is if the fifth circuit deems DACA illegal all these people can be deported. They have no claim in court because DACA is what they are depending on for their immigration status. Each of the 600,000+ DACA recipients would have to file claims of asylum. But since they did not come here escaping persecution rather came here from their parents decision what grounds are they really have in courts?

This is all brutally unfair.
I wrote that the idea (of passing DACA legislation) would be a non-starter if the Republicans win Congress. That is the opposite of what you interpreted. :rolleyes: Your analysis of what would happen without DACA legislation has multiple debatable conclusions. Your myopic focus on only the illegal immigrant side of the question ignores the harm done to others, the country at large and the Rule of Law.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I wrote that the idea (of passing DACA legislation) would be a non-starter if the Republicans win Congress. That is the opposite of what you interpreted. :rolleyes: Your analysis of what would happen without DACA legislation has multiple debatable conclusions. Your myopic focus on only the illegal immigrant side of the question ignores the harm done to others, the country at large and the Rule of Law.
We know your far right wing views. When you post vague comments that leaves others to predict your full opinion. We see you don’t confirm or deny but go off in irrelevant issues.

Explain why DACA legislation is a non starter for republicans.

Shaul

Premium Member
Absolutely, as it would be inhumane to deport those who in many cases only know this country and work and pay taxes.

The irony is that so many say we need employees, so now those that do work are going to possibly be deported???
This is a false dichotomy. There are other possible alternatives instead of either deportation and blanket naturalization.

Twilight Hue

The people “shipped” to Martha’s Vineyard were legal. So if you are fine with these migrants I take it you have a problem with how republicans treated them. Note these actions have resulted in numerous lawsuits and possibly criminal charges.
Well we will see what becomes of it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well I probably should have clarified concerning the kids that essentially had no real choice in coming here. If they meet eligibility requirements, I suppose that aspect shouldn't be an issue.
That's the whole point behind DACA! Where have you been this past decade since it was signed? It's for those who are here because of what their parents did, and very many of them know no other home or land than America and the towns they grew up in. They speak English (many of them only English), often culturally assimilated, and have made an entire life for themselves here.

Shaul

Premium Member
We know your far right wing views. When you post vague comments that leaves others to predict your full opinion. We see you don’t confirm or deny but go off in irrelevant issues.

Explain why DACA legislation is a non starter for republicans.
And I know that whenever you can’t answer an argument you resort to name calling.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It's called not punishing a child for the sins of the father.
It's called punishing the children for the oft times heroic efforts of their parents and other family members to secure for them a better life -- the type of life that we too often take for granted.

Shaul

Premium Member
It's called not punishing a child for the sins of the father.
And likewise not punishing a third party, like society, for those “sins” of the father either. If you acknowledge that their fathers have “sinned”, they why are you asking to reward their children. If we shouldn’t punish a child for the sins of a father should we also not reward a child for the sins of a father?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And likewise not punishing a third party, like society, for those “sins” of the father either. If you acknowledge that their fathers have “sinned”, they why are you asking to reward their children. If we shouldn’t punish a child for the sins of a father should we also not reward a child for the sins of a father?
Actually I don't think they did much wrong in coming here (I was hoping with that wording it might sink in), and what the parent did or didn't do shouldn't have any bearing on the child. It's not the child's fault, it wasn't their decision, but they were brought here anyways and them getting help through things like DACA does absolutely no harm to me. All it does is help to smooth over a difficult position they were put into by their parents.

Twilight Hue

That's the whole point behind DACA! Where have you been this past decade since it was signed? It's for those who are here because of what their parents did, and very many of them know no other home or land than America and the towns they grew up in. They speak English (many of them only English), often culturally assimilated, and have made an entire life for themselves here.
DACA not designed as a permanent protection nor a guarantee anyways. There are distinct provisions for renewal.

Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I think that idea of a case-by-case resolution makes the most sense.
I support the idea behind DACA, and I have been called extreme right although I think that's an exaggeration.
So, you have a kid that has been brought here illegally but has relatives in Mexico. Who takes care of him? Should the government ( meaning the taxpayers) support him his entire life?
Should they just train him for a job, and then he's on his own?
It would be nice if there was a simple, blanket answer but I don't think there is.