• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cyclists?

Nehustan

I was wondering if anyone on the forums is a regular cyclist??? I've recently taken the past time up again having been basically given a pretty hot bike. I now hare around London on my bike, pretending, for at least the journey in and out of work, that I'm a courier. Thought I'd ask if any one else travels on two wheels, epecially as the Tour de France is on at the moment.

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
Yes! My husband and I ride a tandem and I did my first century ride a few weeks ago. We're both big Lance Armstrong fans, and so the Tour de France doesn't hold as much interest anymore, at least for me. My husband has done the annual Seattle to Portland ride for the past 10 years. 200 miles in one day. I don't do that one.

We love it!!

Nehustan

Cool. Live Strong! Somebody actually mentioned him to me the other week as my bike is single geared, and supposedly he recommended it prior to races, i.e. using a single gear bike. I haven't really taken my bike out much for leisure. First weekend I had it I did 30 miles, but really just use it in and out of work. That said I do do that everyday. It was raining hard today, so I've just been applying saddle soap to my leather saddle.

I've never ridden a tandem...you know the song that starts 'Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do...' ;)

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I love the bike. I take my 2 smallest on it. I have a seat on the cross bar, and one behind with a back and straps. The kids love it too. Whoever's on the back usually falls asleep. On hols. a couple of years ago I had a lend of a bike with a little trailer-type thing for the kids, I thought that was brilliant, but you'd need cycle paths for such a contraption - and we've none here.

Nehustan

Don't s'pose you saw David Cameron?

Funnily enough on the 30 miles trip, I stopped off for a coffee at a café in Notting Hill, where Cameron goes with his family, but didn't seen him. Where I live is about 1/4 mile from parliament, so you see all sorts around here. My cycle home every day from the city sees me riding down Shaftesbury Ave, Charing Cross Road, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall and past Parliament; quite a cool trip.

Nehustan

I love the bike. I take my 2 smallest on it. I have a seat on the cross bar, and one behind with a back and straps. The kids love it too. Whoever's on the back usually falls asleep. On hols. a couple of years ago I had a lend of a bike with a little trailer-type thing for the kids, I thought that was brilliant, but you'd need cycle paths for such a contraption - and we've none here.

Where in Eire are you?

yep im in holland the bikestealing capital of the world, i pretty much ride the bike every other day (yes i do have a driverslicence) im so skilled now i can ride 500 meter without using my hands and with my eyes closed, i hardly ever use my hands to steer anymore now that i think about it

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
Cool. Live Strong! Somebody actually mentioned him to me the other week as my bike is single geared, and supposedly he recommended it prior to races, i.e. using a single gear bike. I haven't really taken my bike out much for leisure. First weekend I had it I did 30 miles, but really just use it in and out of work. That said I do do that everyday. It was raining hard today, so I've just been applying saddle soap to my leather saddle.

I've never ridden a tandem...you know the song that starts 'Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do...' ;)
Darn, now the song will be stuck in my head. Yes I know it. (I'm humming it now.) Our tandem works well for us because he is a much stronger rider, and if we were on our own bikes, I'd never see him. Or if he stayed back with me, he'd never get any exercise. And the rear-rider (me), called the stoker, IS WORKING HARD. Too many people think I'm not.:)

Nehustan

I have to say, I noticed an almost immediate improvement in my mood. Not that I am a grumpy old sod (tho' my kids might disagree), but I had feelings of elation straight away, and the endorphines really are quite powerful :areyoucra