• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cute and Funny Things Children Say

Bishka

Veteran Member
I thought I'd start this, because I know y'all have children, and I'm sure they say cute things.

I don't have children yet, but I was at the Head Start preschool today and the following happened.

We were outside for playtime and I was sitting in the sandbox with most of the children when a little boy named Jonathan came up. He was holding a branch that went in a "Y" with the branch stuck through the window of a toy helicopter.

Our conversation:
Me:Red
Jonathan: Black

"Hi Jonathan, what are you doing" (Pointing to helicopter)
"I'm teaching it to fly"
"You're teaching the helicopter to fly?"
"Yeah, it doesn't know how to fly because it keeps falling on the ground, so I'm teaching it how to fly."

It was the cutest thing I've heard in a long time.

PHOTOTAKER

some of the funniest thing i have ever hard kids say is Bill Cosby's "kids say the darnedest things” lol funny!!!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
This one wasn't from my kids, but from the nephew of a chap with whom I worked.

"Uncle Hugh, I know what is the difference between little boys and girls!!" announced his 5 year old nephew.

"Ah!" said Hugh" And what is that ?"

"Girls have bottoms that go all the way round, to the front" his nephew told him......:D

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
[SIZE=+0]My niece was reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, she was 6.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]"i pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of american,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]to the republic, for richard stands, one nation, under god . . . " [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]I let her finish, then asked her who was Richard Stands? She said he's the guy that holds the flag.[/SIZE]

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
:jiggy: Oh these are already so funny!

My daughter, Dana, has the uncanny ability to reinvent the English language every day, it seems. Yesterday, our baseball team, the St. Louis Cardinals were gearing up to play the Brewers, and Dana and I were in the car listening to the pre-game show on the radio.

Dana: Are the Cardinals going to play?
Me: Yes, in a few minutes.
Dana: Who are they against-ing?
Me: (chuckle) The Brewers........(fade to more chuckling)

Peace,
Mystic

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When one of my nieces was four I think, she asked how old you have to be to start driving. My brother told her 16, and my niece replied "Wow! I'll be full with birthday cake by then."

Circle_One

I was picking Justyce up from school yesterday, and as it was a really nice day out, I was wearing a tank top and shorts (full tattoos showings, etc), my hair was recently dyed and bright and my makeup was done (I had just come from work).

So I'm standing in the school yard, waiting for him, and when he comes out, I always get bombarded by his friends, (I obviously don't look like their mothers do, I guess). So I always get the customary:
"Are you Justyce's sister?"
"No."
"His babysitter?"
"No."
"Does Justyce have a sister?"
"No."
"Who are you then?"
"His mommy"
"His MOMMY?! Wow..."

So after all that, I let Jus go play with his friends and as I'm standing there watching him, this incredibly adorable little kindergarten girl tugs on the back of my shirt. I turn and look down at her, smile, and say hi. She just keeps smirking and staring at me, doesn't say anything. I ask her how she is and she just shrugs. A few more moments of silence go by until she finally speaks up with "You look weird!" "I know" I said back with a smirk and she took off giggling.

I was laughing SO hard, hahaha.

Nehustan

I have had a terrible day, I went to my local Arabic shop to buy some stuff, and went to wait for my local bus home. There was a group of people waiting for the bus, very well turned out, for want a better more descriptive term 'black'. I caught the eye of the youngest of the group, a girl about 6 or 7 with a look of East Africa, at a guess I'd say Ethiopian or maybe Eritrean. I smiled, and she coyly smiled back. I then looked at my book but I could feel her looking at me, but I avoided eye contact as I did not want to alarm her, or the adults with her. About five minutes later we again caught each others eye, and I thought as I looked away again 'that little girl can see, that look was a look of concern for me, not a look of fear, a look of...hey why not say it...love'. It actually really touched me that on a dark night on the streets of our largest metropolitan city, a young girl could see a stranger...and feel concern. I was sure of it, but what do I know....maybe she was thinking 'wierdo'. Then the bus arrived as I moved to board the bus, the young girl pulled on her mother's arm turned to me and asked 'Are you OK?' Touching? After the day I've had, actually the week, the month, the year....this little girl's concern was worth more to me than all of the gold in the bank of England. May Allah bless her, but you know...it doesn't need me to make that invocation....he obviously already has.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
beckysoup61 said:
I thought I'd start this, because I know y'all have children, and I'm sure they say cute things.

I don't have children yet, but I was at the Head Start preschool today and the following happened.

We were outside for playtime and I was sitting in the sandbox with most of the children when a little boy named Jonathan came up. He was holding a branch that went in a "Y" with the branch stuck through the window of a toy helicopter.

Our conversation:
Me:Red
Jonathan: Black

"Hi Jonathan, what are you doing" (Pointing to helicopter)
"I'm teaching it to fly"
"You're teaching the helicopter to fly?"
"Yeah, it doesn't know how to fly because it keeps falling on the ground, so I'm teaching it how to fly."

It was the cutest thing I've heard in a long time.

Come to my house, you'll hear things like that all day. And it doesn't get boring. Sooooooooooooooo much fun and cuteness in the air.

The other day my 2 year old insisted on toasting his waffle inside an old VCR we have. He figured he could put food into every dark rectangular area. :biglaugh:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Nehustan said:
I have had a terrible day, I went to my local Arabic shop to buy some stuff, and went to wait for my local bus home. There was a group of people waiting for the bus, very well turned out, for want a better more descriptive term 'black'. I caught the eye of the youngest of the group, a girl about 6 or 7 with a look of East Africa, at a guess I'd say Ethiopian or maybe Eritrean. I smiled, and she coyly smiled back. I then looked at my book but I could feel her looking at me, but I avoided eye contact as I did not want to alarm her, or the adults with her. About five minutes later we again caught each others eye, and I thought as I looked away again 'that little girl can see, that look was a look of concern for me, not a look of fear, a look of...hey why not say it...love'. It actually really touched me that on a dark night on the streets of our largest metropolitan city, a young girl could see a stranger...and feel concern. I was sure of it, but what do I know....maybe she was thinking 'wierdo'. Then the bus arrived as I moved to board the bus, the young girl pulled on her mother's arm turned to me and asked 'Are you OK?' Touching? After the day I've had, actually the week, the month, the year....this little girl's concern was worth more to me than all of the gold in the bank of England. May Allah bless her, but you know...it doesn't need me to make that invocation....he obviously already has.

Very sweet story......:)