• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crystals?

Prima

I have always believed that everyone has a focus stone - a kind of stone that they work with best for anything spiritual. Amber 'speaks' to me, as does deep green quartz

Master Vigil

As amethyst speaks to me. I used to walk through the woods holding it in my hand. It was like the midichlorians telling the will of the force. :) This is why I put amethyst and moonstone in my staff. It is a beautiful staff. Very special though, I never use it unless its needed. Any other time I use my twisted staff. Both of which I received from the tree spirit and was allowed to make them. Much wisdom within those staffs. I recently got a few tiny twisted maples to use as meditation staffs. They're only about a foot and a half tall.

Prima

Lovely :) I can always feel the Tao in trees, usually better than I can with water. I love trees. There is a bamboo forest near my house and a piece of old bamboo was given to me - maybe six feet tall, very old and strong. I haven't really decided what to do with it!

I wish people would take more time listening instead of talking. So many people grab a crystal and say "Do this for me!" instead of taking time to listen. Bleh. </rant>

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I feel not only a great connection with fluorite, but also with moonstone. I've got the fallen branch that told me it was going to be my power staff already, but I haven't yet journeyed to vision the staff's physical form. I wish I knew more arts and crafts tricks so that I could be fairly certain that, if the spirits will it, I will be able to put fluorite into the design.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Master Vigil said:
As amethyst speaks to me. I used to walk through the woods holding it in my hand. It was like the midichlorians telling the will of the force. :) This is why I put amethyst and moonstone in my staff. It is a beautiful staff. Very special though, I never use it unless its needed. Any other time I use my twisted staff. Both of which I received from the tree spirit and was allowed to make them. Much wisdom within those staffs. I recently got a few tiny twisted maples to use as meditation staffs. They're only about a foot and a half tall.
My birth stone, and my favourite; the Amethyst as a healing stone contains sobering and calming qualities which allow this stone to be commonly associated with peace. Amethyst is known to calm and protect the mind. It soothes those who have engaged in constant rigorous mental activity. It has been deemed "nature's tranquilizer" by many healers because of it's effectiveness in relaxing not only the mind but also the nervous system. Those who wear amethyst jewelry and who have been recommended to wear this stone for healing purposes have done so because of its tranquil qualities and it's ability reduce negativity and alleviate anxiety.

I have tried using a crystal ball, but not wishing to buy one (and they are expensive!), I tried using a bowl of water; I read that that could be just as good a 'medium' as the crystal itself. I never saw anything.:eek:

Master Vigil

I know its not the best quality cyrstal ball. Since its glass :), but I got one at barnes n noble for like 15 bucks. It works well and the spirits say its just as good. So michel, you could probably check to see if a barnes n noble around you has one.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Something that's almost as cheap, Michel, is getting a scrying mirror. They go for about five dollars at a local shop. If you can't find one, please let me know, and I can get one of 'em for you.

When you tried the bowl of water method, did you put ink in it?

amylong

I know that crystals focus energy. I used to have one that I wore all the time, but I kept forgetting to clean it out, so it broke. That has happened to just about every crystal I've been around and these were tiny crystals.

They focus and enhance things, like salt. I like 'em.

--Amy

Melody

Master Vigil said:
The crystal ball is very hard, it takes a very intuitive and passive mind to work well. It basically calls for deep meditation focused upon the ball, (but the absence of it). I have not tried reading a person with it, but have done some work with the spirits with it. If anything, it is a wonderful meditation exercise.
Back when I was interested in wicca I bought a quartz crystal ball that has an odd cloudy pattern inside. Have to admit I never had any luck in "seeing" things but over time I did find that it was an excellent aid to my meditation...particularly days when I had a hard time shutting down my thoughts about what all I had to do that day. I still use it for meditation.

I also love gem stones and go to the big gem show in Detroit every October. I've picked up some wonderful stones that I've either picked up because they are pretty or because I like the feel of them in my hand. I don't feel anything from them. I just like the tactile sensation.

Melody

Master Vigil said:
I know its not the best quality cyrstal ball. Since its glass :), but I got one at barnes n noble for like 15 bucks. It works well and the spirits say its just as good. So michel, you could probably check to see if a barnes n noble around you has one.
Check www.undergroundbroker.com. This is one of the best gem dealers at the Detroit show. He has some very high quality stones and I'm never disappointed. I picked up some gorgeous amethyst chunks from him about 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure this is also where I picked up my quartz crystal ball.