• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

croak the Resident Corvid

croak

Trickster
Greetings!

No, I can do better than that!

No, wait, I can't.

Anyway, I figured as RF's resident raven and a current moderator, people might have wanted to ask me personal, deep questions. I'm unlikely to answer either, but if you have anything else to ask, here's the place!

So, a small introduction:

Hi. I'm croak. I am a Common Raven (corvus corax). I currently reside in Lebanon. I am Lebanese-Canadian. I am a master procrastinator (who doesn't always end up getting things done).

Could I sound more boring? Actually, I could, but I'd rather you not all scream till your heads explode.

I think I'll stop here. Ask away!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As a corvid, what is your policy towards cats?

Have you decided where in the world you want to live after school? And if so, where is that?

I have read that scientists are certain most mammals engage in play, but that it is still being debated whether most birds do. Do you think any birds engage in play? If so, is it most birds, or only certain species?

What would you like most to do with your degree, once you get it? Do shredded degrees make good nesting material?

croak

Trickster
As a corvid, what is your policy towards cats?
Fun playthings. However, if they start treating the game a bit too seriously, I've got a beak, two feet, and a brain.

Have you decided where in the world you want to live after school? And if so, where is that?
Most likely either Lebanon or Canada. I've been moving back and forth between those two countries for as long as I can remember, and I don't think that's likely to change.

I have read that scientists are certain most mammals engage in play, but that it is still being debated whether most birds do. Do you think any birds engage in play? If so, is it most birds, or only certain species?
For sure, especially corvids. Other than that, I can't speak from personal knowledge, but definitely parrots and their cousins. I'm not sure about songbirds, but most or certain species... it might be somewhere in between. Let's say many birds for now.

What would you like most to do with your degree, once you get it? Do shredded degrees make good nesting material?
Well, I've never made a nest — those are for eggs. But paper's not that fantastic. Now moss, that's different. What would I do with my degree? Maybe sprinkle some spices on it, take a nibble. I don't think it would taste like ordinary paper. Then again, it might be a struggle swallowing it, so I'll probably just hang on to it till, for some reason, it comes in handy.

croak

Trickster
Are you a skilled typist, or do you just hunt and peck?
It depends. Sometimes I just peck (no hunting required; I'm familiar with the keyboard) with the aid of my claws, but that can get tiring. For the most part, I use voice recognition software. Of course, it's not foolproof, so I have to go back and edit manually. It works okay, though.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi there fellow mod. I have some important questions.

How do you like to spend your time? Any particular hobbies?

Who are your favorite actors/actersses?

Who are your favorite artists/singers?

Can you fly? Or are you one of those "birds" who can't fly?

croak

Trickster
Hi there fellow mod. I have some important questions.
Oh noes.

How do you like to spend your time? Any particular hobbies?
When I'm not on my computer, I like to fly around (which I should really do more), watch other birds, watch cats (oddly enough), and read (although I'm behind on that), among other things. I also like attending lectures and the like on interesting topics.

Who are your favorite actors/actersses?
I don't think I have favourites... if they act well, they're good. :D

Who are your favorite artists/singers?
Kind of the same, but going by what I listen to most, maybe Matthew Good, Fightstar, Alexisonfire/City and Colour, Marwan Khoury... yeah, favourites don't tend to work with me. :p

Can you fly? Or are you one of those "birds" who can't fly?
I can fly but I'm afriad of heights. Yeah. Frustrating. Maybe one of these days I'll strike up the courage to jump out a window. (To fly, obviously.)

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Hi croak!

Why haven't I seen this thread before now?

I bring you cookies. :cookie:

You're my absolute favorite raven. Ever. Hands down. No contest.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A revolting congratulation to the most esteemed raven on the internet.

There once was a staffer named Croak,
a pleasant enough little bloke.
But still it's absurd
to hire a bird.
Is this just a practical joke?

croak

Trickster
Hi croak!

Why haven't I seen this thread before now?

I bring you cookies. :cookie:

You're my absolute favorite raven. Ever. Hands down. No contest.
COOKIES! -gorges self on them, chokes, dies-

Okay. Be honest. How many ravens do you actually know? :p

croak

Trickster
A revolting congratulation to the most esteemed raven on the internet.

There once was a staffer named Croak,
a pleasant enough little bloke.
But still it's absurd
to hire a bird.
Is this just a practical joke?
Why thank you, my favourite yellow Scotsman!

You know, I'm still wondering. :D