• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Criss Angel

Aqualung

Tasty
One trick of his I would love to know how to do is pulling someone in half, and then the legs stand up and the top half crawl away.
I do know how to do a few of his illusions, and have seen dozens of youtube videos with poor explanations on how they are performed.

I see it as no contest between Angel and Blane, and Blane rarly comes up with anything original, and puts on mediocre performances at best. If I had enough money, I could buy the props from a magic store, read the instructions, practice a few times, and be performing his same tricks within a day. The Raven, a prebitten quarter, a predrilled and springed quarter, simple one foot elevation, even his card tricks are unoriginal. His escapes and feats are good though, but still leagues behind Angel.

It's a totally different kind of magic altogether. I personally hesitate to qualify one as better than the other because they're entirely different disciplines. It's like comparing Lebron James and CJ Hunter. Basketball and shot put both take an amazing amount of skill, dedication, practice, and prescision, but it just so happens that basketball lends itself a lot better to improvisation and originality than shot put. Stage magic and large-scale illusion vs card and coin magic is the same way. Both take amazing amounts of skill, dedication, practice, and presicion, but it just so happens that stage magic lends itself better to creativity. After all, there's really only two things you can do with a card - make it dissapear and make it reappear. But that doesn't diminish the skill required to, say, make it reappear in a police officer's shoe.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's a totally different kind of magic altogether. I personally hesitate to qualify one as better than the other because they're entirely different disciplines. It's like comparing Lebron James and CJ Hunter. Basketball and shot put both take an amazing amount of skill, dedication, practice, and prescision, but it just so happens that basketball lends itself a lot better to improvisation and originality than shot put. Stage magic and large-scale illusion vs card and coin magic is the same way. Both take amazing amounts of skill, dedication, practice, and presicion, but it just so happens that stage magic lends itself better to creativity. After all, there's really only two things you can do with a card - make it dissapear and make it reappear. But that doesn't diminish the skill required to, say, make it reappear in a police officer's shoe.
I was pointing out David Blane doing the "out of the box" illusions with the props he uses. Such as, The Raven is a prop used to make a coin vanish. The way Blane performs this is the exact way the instruction manual teaches you to. Not much creativity there. Angel, on the other hand, took a small parlor trick, applied the same principles on a larger scale, and crawled through a window. Anyone can bite a quarter for 15 bucks though.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'd appreciate it if you stopped spamming my thread with links. If you have to do it, please do it in one post.

Aqualung

Tasty
They must have paid her well, to agree to do a stunt like that. I'm sure it offended many with the same disability...
I doubt still that they payed her well. I think most people like magic enough that they would want to be a stooge anyway, and even more so for such a well-known magician, and even more so with the anticipation of being on TV.

Luke Wolf said:
I was pointing out David Blane doing the "out of the box" illusions with the props he uses. Such as, The Raven is a prop used to make a coin vanish. The way Blane performs this is the exact way the instruction manual teaches you to. Not much creativity there. Angel, on the other hand, took a small parlor trick, applied the same principles on a larger scale, and crawled through a window.
Oh, I see. I wasn't familiar with either of their presentations of that trick.