• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Criss Angel

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Anyone else out there that loves Criss Angel? :D Out of all the magician/illusionist types on TV, I enjoy watching him the most.

Are there any tricks of his that particularly freaked you out? There was one he did that involved him getting in a casket, getting handcuffed, and put on a conveyor belt towards a wood chipper that really made me squirm. I was sure he was going to be fed into the wood chipper. Then, to my surprise... he was! :eek: Bloody wood shot out of the wood chipper and into the dump truck, and people in the audience were screaming and freaking out. After about 30 seconds or so, Criss popped out of the dump truck.

Do you believe Criss when he says he has no 'powers'? ;)

Nanda

Polyanna
Anyone else out there that loves Criss Angel? :D Out of all the magician/illusionist types on TV, I enjoy watching him the most.

Are there any tricks of his that particularly freaked you out? There was one he did that involved him getting in a casket, getting handcuffed, and put on a conveyor belt towards a wood chipper that really made me squirm. I was sure he was going to be fed into the wood chipper. Then, to my surprise... he was! :eek: Bloody wood shot out of the wood chipper and into the dump truck, and people in the audience were screaming and freaking out. After about 30 seconds or so, Criss popped out of the dump truck.

I've seen several tutorials on how his tricks are done. Also, the people who assist him are plants. It's cool and all, because he executes them well, but yeah, I have no trouble believing him when he says he has no 'powers.'

Smoke

Done here.
Me, too. My better half prefers David Blaine, though.

Sure. But when he did that levitation from one building to the other, it completely freaked my husband out. He swears that Angel and Blaine are both possessed -- he's mostly kidding, but not completely.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I've seen several tutorials on how his tricks are done. Also, the people who assist him are plants. It's cool and all, because he executes them well, but yeah, I have no trouble believing him when he says he has no 'powers.'
Can you link to some of the tutorials? A lot of his tricks drive me batty.

And I hadn't heard about plants, which would make me sad if it was true. Do you have any articles or anything on that?

Nanda

Polyanna

And I hadn't heard about plants, which would make me sad if it was true. Do you have any articles or anything on that?

Just go to youtube, they're all over the place.

Aqualung

Tasty

I enjoy watching skilled magicians. As an ameature myself, it's amazing to see people who actually know how to execute the tricks that I only wish I knew how to execute. Yes, I know how to do them in theory, but actually doing it, with my clumsy hands and absolute lack of ability to banter makes it difficult.

Yes, I believe him when he says he has no powers.

That being said, I really prefer close up card and coin magic to the more stage magic type large illusions that Criss Angel tends towards. In fact, they happen to be one of my least favourite types of magic (although all magic is really cool).

Aqualung

Tasty

Bsically, all large-scale magic that takes place in public places (or in concert halls and theatres) relies on plants. It's just because of the general nature of large-scale magic. It requires people (the magicians and the plants) to know about the mechanism of the seemingly everyday objects that are being used in the trick. It requires them, for an easy example, to know where mirrors or trap doors are. It's not so much based on misdirection as it is based on the hidden mechanisms. This is why I much prefer close up card and coin magic. One has to be very dexterously and misdirectionally skilled to make a card dissapear right in front of somebody's eyes without them even noticing it, even though it's a foot away from them.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
That one trick where he was run over by a steam roller.....that one was a trip. Also when he levitated from the top floor of the Luxor, to the shopping area on the ground.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Criss is awesome. I wish I had gotten the time to get to know him better, and I'm really happy he's gotten a TV show and all the stuff in vegas he does. He's an amazing, inventive and one of a kind magician.

I just wish he could find a girlfriend that doesn't freak out about his "death defying" stunts. He deserves a good woman (too bad I'm married) :D

FFH

Veteran Member
Jaymes said:
And I hadn't heard about plants
The actors and natural special affects, planted within spontaneous settings, help to create the illusion.

FFH

Veteran Member
Unfortunately I have dialup and can't watch videos. :(
I only have dial-up too, but most U-tube videos are broken down into 10 minute or less videos, which take about 30 minutes or less to download.

Go to java.com and download the latest software in order for U-tube videos to play...

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I only have dial-up too, but most U-tube videos are broken down into 10 minute or less videos, which take about 30 minutes or less to download.

Go to java.com and download the latest software in order for U-tube videos to play...
30 minutes? What kind of dialup do you have? :areyoucra It takes me 30 minutes to download two or three minutes worth of video and then it freezes if it tries to load more than five minutes of video.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I've only seen one of his tricks. It was where he "cuts" a woman in half with his hand and then has two people pull her apart. It freaked me out so bad I could hardly believe it. It was just horrifying.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I've only seen one of his tricks. It was where he "cuts" a woman in half with his hand and then has two people pull her apart. It freaked me out so bad I could hardly believe it. It was just horrifying.
I haven't seen that one, but now I want to just to see if it or the wood chipper freaks me out more. :faint:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I love Criss Angel. The Luxor Levitation shtick was wwwwaaaayyyyy cool. I was also pretty impressed by the Steam Roller thiny as well as the elephant out of nowhere trick. *sigh* Walking on water was also pretty neat.

FFH

Veteran Member
One word: Midgets.
Actually he used a girl with no legs for the top half and good editing for the bottom half...

The whole girl was different than the second half of the video, look closely at their faces, they are different...

What seemed to be a spontaneous trick in the park was ALL staged to add to the illusion.

He's funny, but that would give anyone a heart attack if you let him fool ya..

The girl with no legs screamed.acted pretty good as she hobbled away, it was funny in a sick way though.. not cool...

It's all illusion...but some of what he does is real, like when he set himself on fire and hung from hooks, imbedded under the skin, from a hellicopter...

His brother and mother pray for his safety before every real stunt/trick...

I like his driving blind stunts, both his motorcycle and Mandy Moores Mercedes, just watched a boat load of them on U-tube for the first time a couple of weeks ago, before then I had only seen one of his tricks like 6 years earlier..

Someone here mentioned him at work so I did a search on U-tube and watched him perform for like 6 hours straight, then listed him as an antichrist figure on my "antichrist discussions" thread...

An illusionist/deceptionist...with some really great editing...

FFH

Veteran Member
For someone who thinks he's the anti-Christ you spend a lot of time watching him. :rolleyes:
Yeah, well he is entertaining and funny for sure, gotta do my research, hehe...

He gets a kick out of freaking people out, sick humor, but very funny...

I laughed at the unsuspecting observers, with some of his stunts.

I like stuff/jokes like this, and they are jokes, to him at least, practical jokes, many of them, like the one Katzpur mentioned, where he cuts the woman in half, just want people to see it for what it is...not for what they want to see or what they think is real, when in actuality it's a very cleverly edited illusion..

He does a good job for sure..especially like his walking up the wall stunt, which is explained on another U-tube video as to how he might have pulled that off.

I don't agree with his philosphies, which he clearly pushes, which are in opposition to Christ. He makes sure he puts them (his philosophies) out there for sure...

He's not just about illusions, he's about getting a certain philosophy engrained in people's minds, which is in direct oppostition to what Christ taught us...