• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Criss Angel

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I don't agree with his philosphies, which he clearly pushes, which are in opposition to Christ. He makes sure he puts them (his philosophies) out there for sure...

He's not just about illusions, he's about getting a certain philosophy engrained in people's minds, which is in direct oppostition to what Christ taught us...

Could you expound on that part a bit? I really never noticed him pushing any message, but I don't watch him that terribly much.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I don't agree with his philosphies, which he clearly pushes, which are in opposition to Christ. He makes sure he puts them (his philosophies) out there for sure...

He's not just about illusions, he's about getting a certain philosophy engrained in people's minds, which is in direct oppostition to what Christ taught us...
You know, I've watched quite a bit of him, and I can't say I've noticed him pushing any philosophies.

Aqualung

Tasty
You know, I've watched quite a bit of him, and I can't say I've noticed him pushing any philosophies.

Yeah, me either. Then again, I'm more interested in how he pulls off his illusions that I hardly listen to anything he says at all. :D

FFH

Veteran Member
I'm almost 100% sure that one was a midget, rather than just a good editing job.
A midgets legs would not have reached the ground while laying on the bench. They never show the legs again because they are just fake legs with the top half being a woman with no legs or extrmeely short stubs for legs...

Very sad actually...

The bottom half is just fake, good editing or rather bad actually, just a cruel joke with some bad actors on the sidelines who were in on it....

FFH

Veteran Member
He teaches the philosophy that we have the power within to create, do or have anything we want in life.

This is in opposition to Christ's/Christian teachings on this matter...

Aqualung

Tasty
A midgets legs would not have reached the ground while laying on the bench. They never show the legs again because they are just fake legs with the top half being a woman with no legs or extrmeely short stubs for legs...

Very sad actually...

The bottom half is just fake, good editing or rather bad actually, just a cruel joke with some bad actors on the sidelines who were in on it....

Oh yeah, you're right. I hadn't seen the video in a long time. (You're right about it not being a midget. I disagree with everything else you said, like that it's sad and cruel. :p)

FFH

Veteran Member
Oh yeah, you're right. I hadn't seen the video in a long time. (You're right about it not being a midget. I disagree with everything else you said, like that it's sad and cruel. :p)
It's funny in a sick way...I laughed at it too, but It would/should be offensive to many with that same type of disability...

FFH

Veteran Member
Really? When did he say anything even remotely close to that?
I've watched about 10 to 15 hours of his show on the A&E website and he definitely pushes a certain agenda..

It's very inspiring/inspirational, if it were true or actually worked, which is the teaching that we have the power within us to do anything, which he clearly teaches..

If you watch enough of his videos you will see that clearly taught...

Power of positive thinking is based on the same principle.

Not going to discuss it futher here, because this is not in a debate section and I will be seen as debating this issue, which I don't want to do here, just want to inform, that's all.

FFH

Veteran Member
Do you believe Criss when he says he has no 'powers'? ;)
He has stated in an interview that much of what he does is fake/illusion, but some of what he does is real.

He has no powers, but what Christ has given him, and he can use those powers, if he has any, for good or for evil purposes...

I have experienced levitation in my body to some degree, it's real... God can use this same power to hang the earth upon nothing and possibly can impart this same power unto men for good, but men can use this same power for evil too..

We don't have any powers within ourselves and at least Chriss acknowledges that to some degree. His mother and brother pray for his safety when he performs his real stunts, like setting himself on fire and hanging from hooks imbedded in his skin from a helicopter...

Most, of what he does is good editing, although the driving blind stunts I believe are real. He taps into the energy around him, which anyone can do...just as the sight impaired do to help them get around...

Levitation is real, whether Chriss is actual has those powers or not, I highly doubt it, but it can be done, I've experienced it in my body, when I was in a bicycle accident. I was gently let down on to the pavement by God, without any injuries after traveling around 30 miles an hour in the air upside down... I was set right side up very very gently and it was an amazing feeling...

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Could we just drop using the word midget? It's a rather outdated and offensive term. Dwarf has replaced midget- but Little Person/People is the preferred term.

Aqualung

Tasty
It's funny in a sick way...I laughed at it too, but It would/should be offensive to many with that/this type of disability...

It wasn't offensive to the actor, presumably. Why should you, a person WITHOUT this disability, dictate what should be offensive to people with this disability, especially considering that the only person with this disability involved (the one in the effect) was, by anyone's best guess, not offended? I, personally, think it would be great to be able to use my disability by entertaining and astounding people by participating in a Criss Angel stunt.

Aqualung

Tasty
Could we just drop using the word midget? It's a rather outdated and offensive term. Dwarf has replaced midget- but Little Person/People is the preferred term.

My bad. I'm not up to date on my politically correct terminology (they do seem to change quite frequently, don't they...)

Aqualung

Tasty
Can you give a source on that? Criss has always been adamant that he has no powers.

And even if he does imply that he has powers, it doesn't make it so. A magician should never enter into a performace and create the idea that the illusions he creates are puzzles to be solved - this will leave the audience feeling cheated when they can't figure it out and the performer offers no explanation. From a purely performance-based standpoint, it would be nonsensical to actually and flatly proclaim before every trick that what he is doing doesn't rely on "powers". A little mysticism goes a long way in this type of art, and it's especially important given that a lot of the artistry has to do with the relationship between the performer and the audience. (ie, this is a person who is going to surprise us and amaze us, not this is somebody who is going to give us a puzzle to solve.)

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I think what he means is a number of his stunts are real, like some of his escape tricks, and being dragged behind a motorcycle. He doesn't have any "magical" powers, but he doesn't have a stunt double either.

FFH

Veteran Member
Okay, thanks a bunch for that clarification.

FFH

Veteran Member
Can you give a source on that? Criss has always been adamant that he has no powers.
Okay for sure, just at work now, but will be off in a couple of hours...

He hasn't said he has any powers other than we all can tap into, just that some of what he does is real, but he never specifies...

It's up to the observer to figure that out, but there are links on the net showing how many of his tricks are done but many of his tricks have people stumped..just good editing and actors.....

Will post some links later which will clarify and illustrate what I've been talking about...as far as his philosophies, fake and real stunts and jokes he plays

He is sort of funny once you see the production behind his show. Just a bunch of jokes to fool, scare and make people laugh in a sick way sometimes.....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One trick of his I would love to know how to do is pulling someone in half, and then the legs stand up and the top half crawl away.
I do know how to do a few of his illusions, and have seen dozens of youtube videos with poor explanations on how they are performed.

I see it as no contest between Angel and Blane, and Blane rarly comes up with anything original, and puts on mediocre performances at best. If I had enough money, I could buy the props from a magic store, read the instructions, practice a few times, and be performing his same tricks within a day. The Raven, a prebitten quarter, a predrilled and springed quarter, simple one foot elevation, even his card tricks are unoriginal. His escapes and feats are good though, but still leagues behind Angel.