• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creative ways to respond to "how's it going?"

Spiderman

Veteran Member
People ask me how it's going every single day. I'd like to know from you some clever ways that I can respond to them if you don't mind. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"I am fine as frog's hair."
"Ebola doesn't hurt as much as I expected."
"Can I interest you in life insurance?"

Check my signature for one more response.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
ça va, ça va

Literally, it goes, it goes.

The second ça va is very telling, a rising cheerful sound for going good, a falling morose sound for its going bad.

Or an acquaintance once shocked his neighbour with "whats it got to do with you" the morning after his wife walked out on him

Me, i usually use "fine, how about you", i think its important to reciprocate a genuine enquiry

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
ça va, ça va

Literally, it goes, it goes.

The second ça va is very telling, a rising cheerful sound for going good, a falling morose sound for its going bad.

Or an acquaintance once shocked his neighbour with "whats it got to do with you" the morning after his wife walked out on him

Me, i usually use "fine, how about you", i think its important to reciprocate a genuine enquiry
Nothing is as good as bof.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nothing is as good as bof.

I just love that word, so expressive but not, i think, something not to be uses lightly in reply to a friendly greeting unless you know the greeter well

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
People ask me how it's going every single day. I'd like to know from you some clever ways that I can respond to them if you don't mind. :)
  • same as yesterday
  • can't complain!
  • each day is a gift
  • I fell into a vat of razor blades and walked away with just a paper cut
  • the old age truck hasn't run me over, yet
  • I need to get some sleep, but I'm Ok
  • Oh, you know how it is! Same ol' same ol' !
  • Terrible. Would you like me to tell you the whole story or can we just agree to a simple hello? That might be for the best.
  • My life is a joke, but I can't tell it right.
  • any quote from Forest Gump
  • Any famous quote that impresses people.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

I always say "typical Monday". Seems to keep the conversation to a minimum....

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
1) Still standing upright and not taking a dirt nap so its ok so far

2) I have no idea

3) Shut your pie hole