• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationists: Evolution is No More Unlikely than Embryo Development

MSizer

MSizer
A few weeks after conception, and human looks something like this (sorta part fish, part mollusk, part dog, part jabba the hut):

msizer-albums-storm-s-avatar-picture1571-embryo.jpg

An adult human looks something like this (in case you don't know -lol):

msizer-albums-storm-s-avatar-picture1570-anatomy.jpg

Now, to get from the first stage to the last stage, several cells begin by following the "rules of cells" so to speak, and develop the latter stage, piece by piece, one cell at a time. What I'm trying to impress is that there is no design. Cells just do as cells do, according to the makeup of the DNA they contain, and the result is a complex organism. That's very much like evolution in that there is no designer necessary. DNA is not a blueprint, it's not a designer, it's a set of parameters, and the result is us (and every other living thing).

Do you see the similarity? It's a process which does not follow a plan, it just follows the rules that are built-in, and complexity results. Does that shed any light in any way on evolution?

Last edited:

ThereIsNoSpoon

A few weeks after conception, and human looks something like this ....

What the heck are you talking about? I am not the endresult of some strange gallert "thing".
I was created as a baby the very same way that i came out of my mothers womb.
And actually my mother was a virgin. God magically caused my existence within her womb. Don't you dare say anything else !

I am not some morphed slime-snake:eek:

Man of Faith

If it was just as likely then there wouldn't be all this discussion about it. I can't remember the last time a creationist denied embryo development. The fact is humans produce humans and apes produce apes.

OmarKhayyam

"The fact is humans produce humans and apes produce apes."

Correct. Exactly what ToE predicts and what we observe.

And your point is . . .?

MSizer

MSizer
If it was just as likely then there wouldn't be all this discussion about it. I can't remember the last time a creationist denied embryo development. The fact is humans produce humans and apes produce apes.

You've missed the whole point, but it was worth a try.

On another note, so is "human" a kind of it's own? There is only one species of human? According to creationists, we're generic (kind) homo and specific sapien? But chimps are generic Pan and specific troglodytes while bonobos are generic (kind) Pan and specific paniscus? Chimps and bonobos get their own kind, while we are one straight line of geneaology all the way down?

OmarKhayyam

And exactly how do species evolve according to ToE?

And where does ToE predict that an individual organism will be a different species from its parent(s)?

Man of Faith

You've missed the whole point, but it was worth a try.

On another note, so is "human" a kind of it's own? There is only one species of human? According to creationists, we're generic (kind) homo and specific sapien? But chimps are generic Pan and specific troglodytes while bonobos are generic (kind) Pan and specific paniscus? Chimps and bonobos get their own kind, while we are one straight line of geneaology all the way down?

No, I didn't miss the point, I destroyed your argument in three sentences.

Amill

Apikoros
That is incorrect, ToE predicts speciation.

Yea, but not speciation within 1 birth lol...you've been told this numerous times yet still fall back on the same lousy arguments.

It's like a child growing, you can't notice an age difference from appearance in a day can you?

Last edited:

Man of Faith

Yea, but not speciation within 1 birth lol...you've been told this numerous times yet still fall back on the same lousy arguments.

It's like a child growing, you can't notice an age difference from appearance in a day can you?

Okay, so change happens over millions of years or a long amount of time, well what about the changes that started millons of years ago, they should be comeing to frutrition. That's the problem, somehow, somewhere, evolution stopped, don't make much sense.

OmarKhayyam

Okay, so change happens over millions of years or a long amount of time, well what about the changes that started millons of years ago, they should be comeing to frutrition. That's the problem, somehow, somewhere, evolution stopped, don't make much sense.

Ah contraire mon Capitan.
Evolution is going on as we speak. It CANNOT stop. If it did that would be a problem.

Now do please tell us from that vast and perfect fund of knowledge you have demonstrated here - just where is ToE in error.

MSizer

MSizer

What are you talking about? Why do you think evolution has stopped?

Kerr

And the fact is that this is what evolution say :). The bolded part.