• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationist - What about Evolution you disagree with?

Bereanz

Think of your family tree. You can trace your geneology back generations genetically. You have bits and pieces from those that came before you yet are responsible for your existence. That is a description of (descent with modification). Even though you can't "observe" it, it is testable and fits perfectly with what the ToE says.
Actually we can track the geneology of mankind back to one human embryo scientifically over the course of approxiamatly 6000 years, which aligns perfectly with the biblical record. Funny that! How did that happen?? IE we can observe it in the bible (the written record of what can be proven scientifically, the written document that as of todays date has yet to be refuted scientifically as well) Any real scientist would never discount the bible as a myth until what has been written in it has been tested. All scientists who do test it honestly and scientifically become Christians, those who mock it without testing it are quite simply intelectually immoral!

That's a scientific fact!

Checking the geneology of man aligns perfectly with the bible not with the billions and billions of years proposed by TOE. TOE proposes that we (human beings) evolved from the primordial ooze (by sheer chance), which can never be proven or tested or observed. TOE is nothing more than the vein imaginings of a not so gifted science fiction comedy writer. IE a great little idea/concept for a novel, right up until anyone gives it a moments thought! And right up until someone gives it a moments thought it parts company with any bona fide concept and sane and rational human beings concept of what Science stands for. Which is rational secular mans highest and most nobel search for the TRUTH and varifiable and quantifiable and measurable and observable and testable explianations for his existance and his surroundings!

And before any one jumps up and down screaming POE, abuse, twisted martyre etc etc ad infintum, may I remind them, this post is fully in keeping and on topic with the OP.

Thank you and God bless.

Last edited:

fossil

What about the things that go to make up TOE that you haven't observed nor ever will be able to observe? This is the fundamental problem you don't seem to want to address. WHY???????????????????

And if you ask me what I mean, Im not going to take anything you say seriously again, and I will simply write you off as a POE!

What about if I ask you? What are these things that make up the TOE that no one has observed?

Looncall

Actually we can track the geneology of mankind back to one human embryo scientifically over the course of approxiamatly 6000 years, which aligns perfectly with the biblical record. Funny that! How did that happen?? IE we can observe it in the bible (the written record of what can be proven scientifically, the written document that as of todays date has yet to be refuted scientifically as well) Any real scientist would never discount the bible as a myth until what has been written in it has been tested. All scientists who do test it honestly and scientifically become Christians, those who mock it without testing it are quite simply intelectually immoral!

Checking the geneology of man aligns perfectly with the bible not with the billions and billions of years proposed by TOE. TOE proposes that we (human beings) evolved from the primordial ooze (by sheer chance), which can never be proven or tested or observed. TOE is nothing more than the vein imaginings of a not so gifted science fiction comedy writer. IE a great little idea/concept for a novel, right up until anyone gives it a moments thought! And right up until someone gives it a moments thought it parts company with any bona fide concept and sane and rational human beings concept of what Science stands for. Which is rational secular mans highest and most nobel search for the TRUTH and varifiable and quantifiable and measurable and observable and testable explianations for his existance and his surroundings!

And before any one jumps up and down screaming POE, abuse, twisted martyre etc etc ad infintum, may I remind this post is fully in keeping and on topic with the OP.

Thank you and God bless.

Don't you christians wear out your teeth by constantly lieing through them like that?

Bereanz

Don't you christians wear out your teeth by constantly lieing through them like that?

Christians dont lie about things as serious as the eternal destiny of their fellow man, we love you. When are you going to stop being intellectually immoral by refusing to test the evidence that is readily available to you instead of relying/choosing to believe lies?

Krok

Actually we can track the geneology of mankind back to one human embryo scientifically over the course of approxiamatly 6000 years, ….
Never seen that in any scientific study. In fact, science traces humans back to around 200 000 years. This certainly did not involve one human embryo.

which aligns perfectly with the biblical record. Funny that! How did that happen??
You mean the 200 000 years? Verifiable evidence does indicate that.
IE we can observe it in the bible (the written record of what can be proven scientifically, the written document that as of todays date has yet to be refuted scientifically as well)
Ice-cores. Consider a literal interpretation of your Bible as refuted.
Any real scientist would never discount the bible as a myth until what has been written in it has been tested.
It has. Your Bible is completely wrong.
All scientists who do test it honestly and scientifically become Christians, those who mock it without testing it are quite simply intelectually immoral!
Your personal opinion. My personal opinion is that you are a POE.
Yes, we’ve all looked at the evidence. You’re a POE.
Checking the geneology of man aligns perfectly with the bible not with the billions and billions of years proposed by TOE.
The scientific evidence of the “geneology of man” aligns perfectly with to around 200 000 years ago. Not a few thousand years ago.
TOE proposes that we (human beings) evolved from the primordial ooze (by sheer chance),…”
No, ToE certainly does not propose that. Why don’t you get an education about the ToE before commenting on it? Your statements might lead people to think that you don’t have an intelligence that’s more developed than that of the common ancestor of humans and modern apes. "Scientists" might actually start believing in "devolution", as witnessed in your case!
.. which can never be proven or tested.
The ToE has been thoroughly tested. It’s also been proven that humans developed way more than a few thousand years ago.
TOE is nothing more than the vein imaginings of a not so gifted science fiction comedy author.
That’s your personal opinion. Care to provide the evidence?
And before any one jumps up and down screaming POE, abuse, twisted martyre etc etc ad infintum, may I remind this post is fully in keeping and on topic with the OP.
The objective of this whole site is to provide a forum for exchanging ideas. The meaningful exchange of ideas involve evidence, not personal opinions and vitriol.
Thank you and God bless.
No, thank you and may the Holy FSM touch you with a Holy Noodly Appendage before it is too late.

Last edited:

fossil

Same answer and or read my previous post IE post 401!

Ah right, you must have posted just before me.

And before any one jumps up and down screaming POE, abuse, twisted martyre etc etc ad infintum, may I remind them, this post is fully in keeping and on topic with the OP.

Thank you and God bless.

Yep, definitely a POE

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

See (Krok). He answered this quite nicely.

I will add this.....If you feel as though the Earth is only 10 to 12 thousand years old please present the scientific evidence for your assertion. If you feel as though the genealogy of man can be traced back to the biblical "Adam and Eve" please present the scientific evidence.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I wonder what wa:do means?
Check my signature. :D

I'm unaware of a common ancestor for all humans 6,000 years ago, Is there somewhere I can find out how they got this number?

Studies of the Y chromosome have demonstrated that human males share a most recent common ancestor, but he lived between 90,000 and 60,000 years ago.

wa:do

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I wonder whether anyone has ever done a study correlating the religion and position re: evolution of a poster with likelihood of being banned. It's almost as though a certain type of person has trouble following the entirely reasonable rules of the forum.

Skwim

Veteran Member

giggle.gif
You, funny guy.

The Neo Nerd

I wonder whether anyone has ever done a study correlating the religion and position re: evolution of a poster with likelihood of being banned. It's almost as though a certain type of person has trouble following the entirely reasonable rules of the forum.

it's believable. People are emotionally attached to their religion and when their beliefs are challenged the react emotionally.

TEXASBULL

it's believable. People are emotionally attached to their religion and when their beliefs are challenged the react emotionally.

You said a mouth full. Some people love their religion more than life itself. If you challenge it, it is worse than if you talked about someones mama!

I know , because I have seen the reactions first hand. :run:

camanintx

Actually we can track the geneology of mankind back to one human embryo scientifically over the course of approxiamatly 6000 years, which aligns perfectly with the biblical record. Funny that! How did that happen??
Does the fact that we can trace all of your cousins back to a single set of grandparents also mean the other three sets of grandparents never existed?

camanintx

what i have a problem with is the more dubious claims that one animal can completely change its form to become a completely different animal with different biological features
When the differences between two completely separate species can be reduced to a simple change in the sequence of four base pairs in their DNA, why is this so difficult?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
When the differences between two completely separate species can be reduced to a simple change in the sequence of four base pairs in their DNA, why is this so difficult?
I suspect that she is thinking along the lines of Pokemon.

Alceste

Vagabond
Pegg, the books you have read "about evolution" have wasted your time. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but generally when we read a book on any subject we should emerge with some kind of general knowledge of the subject the book was about. Your posts indicate immense confusion and uncertainty with respect to what the ToE actually says and how evolution works. That's a regrettable outcome, particularly because you were willing to take the time to read and learn something. I'm sorry that your church took advantage of your curiosity to mislead and confuse you.

In the future, be wary of books that claim to present "both sides" of a controversial issue. Only propagandists with an agenda to advance indefensible ideas bother with that format. They like it because it is an easy way to create a straw man to attribute to the "other side" so they can come out looking like they've 'won' some kind of meaningful debate. The problem is that the ToE is what scientists say it is, not creationists. Therefore you should be reading books by scientists if you want an accurate idea of what it actually is.

Have you ever read any Stephen Jay Gould?

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
your church took advantage of your curiosity to mislead and confuse you

another case of brainwashing in the search of the almighty dollar for divinity.

creation pays$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Skwim

Veteran Member
another case of brainwashing in the search of the almighty dollar for divinity.

creation pays$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Absolutely. As I pointed out last June.
"I think the motivation for AiG is quite obvious, and it has nothing to do with belief.
Better Business Bureau Report for Answers in Genesis of Kentucky Inc.(2008)

Governance
Chief Executive : Mr. Ken Ham, President & CEO
Compensation: $192,690
Financial
Source of Funds

Contributions________________$9,610,789
GP on sale of goods____________6,038,902
Museum Admission_____________5,218,886
Museum Membership_____________855,723
Seminars_______________________517,427
Other__________________________394,116
In-Kind Donations_________________11,769
Interest and Dividend Income________2,248

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Pegg, the books you have read "about evolution" have wasted your time. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but generally when we read a book on any subject we should emerge with some kind of general knowledge of the subject the book was about. Your posts indicate immense confusion and uncertainty with respect to what the ToE actually says and how evolution works. That's a regrettable outcome, particularly because you were willing to take the time to read and learn something. I'm sorry that your church took advantage of your curiosity to mislead and confuse you.

In the future, be wary of books that claim to present "both sides" of a controversial issue. Only propagandists with an agenda to advance indefensible ideas bother with that format. They like it because it is an easy way to create a straw man to attribute to the "other side" so they can come out looking like they've 'won' some kind of meaningful debate. The problem is that the ToE is what scientists say it is, not creationists. Therefore you should be reading books by scientists if you want an accurate idea of what it actually is.

Have you ever read any Stephen Jay Gould?

:clap