• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationist article!

Ace7X

So where in the Qur'an can I find extinct hominids? dinosaurs? heck even a few lines about New World peoples Allah surely knew about.

Allah Almighty did mention dinosaurs in the Noble Quran. While the word "dinosaurs" is a modern word that refers to the gigantic animals that existed perhaps millions of years ago, Allah Almighty referred to all created "beasts" as "dabbah". A "dabbah" in the Noble Quran consists of all animals, including the dinosaurs.

"Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise. (The Noble Quran, 2:164)"

"He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs. (The Noble Quran, 31:10)"

Notice in Noble Verse 31:10, Allah Almighty said that He created the mountains to prevent the earth from shaking (which had been scientifically proven to be true. Please visit: The amazing creation of earth and its relationship with mountains - Mountains prevent the earth from shaking and the Noble Quran made the same exact claim!), and then after that He, the Almighty, created beasts and scattered them throughout the land. These first beasts that were created before mankind are what we call today "dinosaurs".

Last edited:

The Neo Nerd

Allah Almighty did mention dinosaurs in the Noble Quran. While the word "dinosaurs" is a modern word that refers to the gigantic animals that existed perhaps millions of years ago, Allah Almighty referred to all created "beasts" as "dabbah". A "dabbah" in the Noble Quran consists of all animals, including the dinosaurs.

"Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise. (The Noble Quran, 2:164)"

"He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs. (The Noble Quran, 31:10)"

How do you know that includes dinosaurs. Because let's face it beasts isn't exactly very descriptive. Do you have anything else.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Why are there more earthquakes where there are large mountains then? Like the latest 7+ earthquake in Pakistan? Why so few earthquakes where there are no mountains?

Logically, if mountains prevent earthquakes, shouldn't it be the other way around?

wa:do

Not good enough, sorry. You'd think a more specific reference would be due an entire Order (given the most recent reclassifying of of the Dinosauria and Aves together as one Class) of vertebrate which existed for 150 million years. Where do the extinct hominids fit into God's message? Or did He just give them a pass?

Notice in Noble Verse 31:10, Allah Almighty said that He created the mountains to prevent the earth from shaking (which had been scientifically proven to be true.

No, in fact mountain ranges are formed from tectonic plates running into each other which produces fault lines and common earthquakes. I live in Iowa where there are no mountains and no earthquakes, the norm for plains areas with no mountains.

From your cited source http://www.answering-christianity.com/mountains.htm
According to the scientific discovery that I saw on T.V., geologists discovered that for every curved object' height that is above the earth's surface (such as mountains and hills) it is expanded 10 to 15 times more inside earth.
For for instance, if a mountain's height is 4,000 feet, then its expansion inside the earth is approximately 40,000 to 60,000 feet.
This expansion inside the earth, according to what they (the geologists) claim, keeps the earth together while its revolving in a high speed around itself, and prevents it from getting out of balance and shaking while revolving.
If mountains and hills didn't exist today, then the earth's incredible fast rotation around itself would be shaky and we would be having earth quakes every minute of our lives.

According to something he "saw on T.V."? LOL This statement is so scientifically inaccurate it is truly embarrassing.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Discoveries in astronomy and physics have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that our universe did in fact have a beginning. Prior to that moment there was nothing; during and after that moment there was something: our universe.
Nope. Or at least, we certainly don't know this. In fact, we have no idea what was "before" the Big Bang. In the usual sense, there was no before. There is no reason to assume that there was nothing before the Big Bang. One hypothesis growing in acceptance is that the universe is eternal. Here is a book that summarizes these concepts: Beyond the Big Bang

Competing Scenarios for an Eternal Universe

Series: The Frontiers Collection

Vaas, Rüdiger (Ed.)

1st Edition., 2011, Approx. 680 p. 40 illus., Hardcover
ISBN: 978-3-540-71422-4

Not yet published. Available: June 8, 2011

The big bang theory is an effort to explain what happened during and after that moment.
Yup.

According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics.

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before We clove them asunder, and We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"
(The Qur'an, 21:30)

Autodidact - EPIC FAIL

So if it turns out that these new theories are correct, and the universe is eternal, would that prove that the qur'an is wrong?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Notice in Noble Verse 31:10, Allah Almighty said that He created the mountains to prevent the earth from shaking (which had been scientifically proven to be true. Please visit: The amazing creation of earth and its relationship with mountains - Mountains prevent the earth from shaking and the Noble Quran made the same exact claim!), and then after that He, the Almighty, created beasts and scattered them throughout the land. These first beasts that were created before mankind are what we call today "dinosaurs".

This is a good example of the ridiculous gymnastics Muslims go through to call the qur'an "scientific." "It mentions beasts! Dinosaurs are beasts! Score another one for the qur'an!" Other than the most basic logical fallacy learned in Logic 101, can you spot any problem with that argument? Anything at all leap out at you?

Oh, and mountains don't prevent the earth from shaking. Not in the least. Where did you get that ridiculous idea?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I was researching why certain people don't think evolution is correct, in doing so I came across this website.

Wonderings About Evolution

There are so many facts wrong with this article that it actually made me quite angry reading it.

I just wondered if there are any creationists who actually agree with this article? Or if this is just another misinformed daft attempt to disregard evolution and all the progress scientists have made over the past 150 years?

As always all thoughts welcome...

Not only is the article sad it points you in the direction of a wiki that's even worse. The interesting, if one can truly call this tripe interesting, thing is that from what I can tell the person writing it quotes no actual scientific research to substantiate the claims made..... :facepalm:

savethedreams

Its quite obvious some people do not know what evolution is...... it happens all the time. smh one day they will learn when the physical evidence in in there face.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
'

"A day will certainly come when some people will sit with their legs crossed and ask: 'If God created everything, who created God?' "
(Sahih al-Bukhari,256 H)

Is this really a strong argument against God’s existence?
No, it is not an argument against god's existence.
It is a rebuttal to the "the universe is so complex it had to be created" argument presented by theists.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I agree with the conclusions of the article. Whether every word or idea is correct doesn't matter. It doesn't appear to be a peer reviewed scientific article, just someones conclusion from the scientific data. It makes sense to me.
Right, the details don’t really matter. The facts don’t matter, the evidence doesn’t matter, the arguments don’t matter, and the logic doesn’t matter. Just as long as you reach the “right conclusion”.

fant-me-profane-albums-1-picture2790-ca230-1trever.gif

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
How do you know that includes dinosaurs. Because let's face it beasts isn't exactly very descriptive.
I kind of expect an answer like, "That's the reason it says beasts, it's not descriptive because it means all of them!".

I am looking forward to the answer on certain deities' with places of eternal torment's plans for those other homnids such as Neanderthals, erectus, and ergaster. - Are they supposed to have had no soul, or are they waiting for judgement for living waaaay before the advent of Islam?

The Neo Nerd

I kind of expect an answer like, "That's the reason it says beasts, it's not descriptive because it means all of them!".

Me to, but let's face it when you are starting with an unfalsifiable position you can just invent a whole slew of other unfalsifiable statements to maintain it and still stay maintain the same standard of proof.

I am looking forward to the answer on certain deities' with places of eternal torment's plans for those other homnids such as Neanderthals, erectus, and ergaster. - Are they supposed to have had no soul, or are they waiting for judgement for living waaaay before the advent of Islam?

So am i. But i doubt that particular point will be addressed.

-Q

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Me to, but let's face it when you are starting with an unfalsifiable position you can just invent a whole slew of other unfalsifiable statements to maintain it and still stay maintain the same standard of proof.

Heh, don't we know it. I think many creationists should write fiction books, because they're quick enough to pull crap out of the air when they don't know what to say (that or pull up creationist articles from the same people, depending on religion). It's as if "I don't know", and "I'm wrong", or "It's not meant to be taken as historical" are sinful phrases.

One of my favourite creationism claims (for its sheer stupidity) is the nephilim of the Bible being dinosaurs, which were destroyed after the flood.

Gloone

Heh, don't we know it. I think many creationists should write fiction books, because they're quick enough to pull crap out of the air when they don't know what to say (that or pull up creationist articles from the same people, depending on religion). It's as if "I don't know", and "I'm wrong", or "It's not meant to be taken as historical" are sinful phrases.

One of my favourite creationism claims (for its sheer stupidity) is the nephilim of the Bible being dinosaurs, which were destroyed after the flood.

Nephilim were not dinosaurs. They were the sons of god.

1. When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them,
2. the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

3. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."

4. The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

But if you want to see a creationist comic, here is one for you. The Whale Fairytale

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Nephilim were not dinosaurs. They were the sons of god.

I know . That's why it's my favourite claim, since by attempting to say that the nephilim were dinosaurs, they end up (indirectly) saying that dinosaur-human hybrids existed. :D

Gloone

You do know what is wrong with this don't you?
That it is a joke making fun of evolution. I don't take it seriously, that is why it is a comic. I didn't agree with anything on the site that penny posted either. It just looks like a long rant of nonsensical claims.

Nephilim were not dinosaurs. They were the sons of god. But if you want to see a creationist comic, here is one for you. The Whale Fairytale

I know . That's why it's my favourite claim, since by attempting to say that the nephilim were dinosaurs, they end up (indirectly) saying that dinosaur-human hybrids existed. :D

I've never ran into creationists claiming the nephilim were dinosaurs but Robert Pennock has an excellent response in his book Tower Of Babel to the often repeated claim that Behemoth was a dinosaur. Part of it is reproduced at Behemoth

That it is a joke making fun of evolution. I don't take it seriously, that is why it is a comic.

It certainly does a poor job of "making fun of evolution". It is analogous to a retarded man making fun of an engineer cuz he can make the purdy buttons work on his machine.

From your link..
Evolutionists often cite the long-tailed, hoofed creature Ambulocetus as a transition between wolf and whale, hence a walking whale! This was based on the find being near a seashore, closer to sea than its assumed predecessor the Mesonyx (wolf)!

No this was based on comparative anatomy.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope. Or at least, we certainly don't know this. In fact, we have no idea what was "before" the Big Bang. In the usual sense, there was no before. There is no reason to assume that there was nothing before the Big Bang. One hypothesis growing in acceptance is that the universe is eternal. Here is a book that summarizes these concepts: [/color][/size]Beyond the Big Bang

Competing Scenarios for an Eternal Universe

Series: The Frontiers Collection

Vaas, Rüdiger (Ed.)

1st Edition., 2011, Approx. 680 p. 40 illus., Hardcover
ISBN: 978-3-540-71422-4

Not yet published. Available: June 8, 2011

Yup.

So if it turns out that these new theories are correct, and the universe is eternal, would that prove that the qur'an is wrong?

It would definitely give credence to Hinduism, which considers the universe to be eternal (created-->destroyed--->recreated--->destroyed *infinity)

:meditate:

:D

Couldn't help myself.