• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationism's contribution to science

Pah

Uber all member
Ronald said:
Sorry, folks I didn't do my homework.
The first time I quoted outside scholarship, To fudge and manipulate facts is the tool of the adversary.
Pah, they were free and sounded good.
Forgive me?

Sometimes, Ronald, your worst enemies are "in the faith". It's hard to tell they wear the skin of sheep as disguise. Some of us here may be harsh, but we rarely try to deceive. You happened across one of the worst examples of someone "who defends the faith" and you can be certain there are others. Perhaps the worst of it is that what (Q) and I have said falls on many deaf ears and is repeated to the faithful by the more commanding faithful. Once the deceit and the poor, biased scholarship enters the "circle" of the faithful, it takes on a life of it's own and is endlessly repeated.

What would I suggest you, personally, do? I would have you stay in your faith and read the bible for the spiritual messages that it contains. Creation? - the details are really unimportant but the spiritual message - that humankind is innately sinful (or evil, if you wish to call it that) - and that the message is core to your salvation in Christ. It may be that the innate characteristic is but the avoidance and/or disobedience to God. and that Christ is the way to remedy that.

That piece of "good news" does not depend on whether God created the whole thing or instituted the evolution process or even "joined" the process after it had begun. It will be a challange for you to separate the true message from the myth but that is the reward for your faith. I, personally, will not challange your belief or faith in the Christian godhead but I will continue to challange a literal interpretation of the Bible and the derived dogma created by man. It has been said that Christianity is oft the worst stumbling block to faith in Christ.

There is no need to apologize, Ronald, for being on a journey, therefore there is no need for me to forgive.

-pah-

Ronald

Pah, one small correction, Christian dogma is on my list, I'm sorry that is not apparent in my posts.

(Q) said:
Your timeline is a little off --- The Pyrimids were built, according to most historians, between 3000 & 2000 BC

I said nothing of the pyramids, please pay attention. Egypt was settled some 4000 years before your alleged claim of the Earths age of 6000 years. These are facts, not mere speculations. By denying these facts you ignore the people who lived there and their entire history and heritage. Shame on you.

Et Al ...

Well, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, since for every historian/archeologist that you find that says todays 'civilization' started prior to 6000 BC, I can quote one that states that this creation started around 6000 BC with the Egyptian culture beginning around 3400 BC.

God Bless

(Q)

Paul

How unfortunate that you choose to remain ignorant to the facts as do the so-called 'historians/archeologists" you refer. Quite clearly, these are not men/women of science.

Perhaps, some day, a person such as yourself will ignore the fact that you existed in favor of their beliefs. How would you feel?

Allan

A certain Idea was perpetuated by Religion.

History tells us of the Church and religious input into conflicts using armies and devious means to control alternate beliefs.

One way of escape was to colonize far off lands where the church had a lot of ground to cover.

Creationism's contribution to science was that it produced determined people trying to unshackle the churches hold.

Science evolved as a rational method of wrestling away the control religion had.

There was a determined effort to disprove the idea of a creation as one part of the whole idea put forward by the church.

We have now gone full circle and science captured by business is playing "God" with every aspect of our environment. We are living in an experiment. Human endeavour now has the opportunity to destroy all life on this planet.

It is a case of dumb becoming dumber.

There is a new army to depose any dissent.

There should be some middle ground. There are still a lot of unknowns.

Most people in this modern age especially in the west have reasonable education and free access to information.

In light of modern thinking and science some scriptures seem to indicate insights that have been unknowingly confirmed.

But even with everything known someone would want to control what that knowledge could give them.

It is between the ears of the human where the problem lies.

"Perhaps, some day, a person such as yourself will ignore the fact that you existed in favor of their beliefs. How would you feel?" He probably would feel nothing, but all the little wormies would be having a blast.

Pah

Uber all member
The question of this thrread is still unanswered - What has creation science contributed to science. It seems to me that unless creation science can prove its credentials it ought not be called a science and thus not taught in public school systems as a science.

-pah-

We have already answered the question, pah. Creation science has contributed hoaxes, propoganda, and misinformation. Didn't you read the earlier posts? :rolleyes:

Pah

Uber all member
Mr_Spinkles said:
We have already answered the question, pah. Creation science has contributed hoaxes, propoganda, and misinformation. Didn't you read the earlier posts? :rolleyes:

Well, of course. That's why i summed everything up and stated the logical next steps

-pah-