• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COVID-19 Vaccine: Can you talk about why you don't want it?

Will you be getting a Covid-19 vaccine?

• Total voters

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We see different things in the people around us.

Based on where we are from, regulations, places we visit, and our own biases.

For example, someone rushing to put their mask on for you may be they are thinking of others well-being. To me if you're rushing, nearly dropping your mask, going in the street, and can't look me in the eye, with anything, I'd think something's up.

That and not many people either know they are fearful and/or admit it. If I lived in a more crowded area, I'd probably be near the same. I can't handle fear easily. In this case, though, it's like a needle in a haystack. Maybe pro-maskers don't see it because of their biases, but doesn't mean pandemics don't scare people nonetheless.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@Revoltingest It's not related to masks. It's just fear from a huge life/death situation and when people are around others who are just as fearful or "concern" it is contagious. It's basic psychology and mostly since we are packed people, we tend to feed on other people's emotional states. Safety mechanism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Revoltingest It's not related to masks. It's just fear from a huge life/death situation and when people are around others who are just as fearful or "concern" it is contagious. It's basic psychology and mostly since we are packed people, we tend to feed on other people's emotional states. Safety mechanism.
Reasonable reactions are based upon cogent reasoning &
evidence. Fearful reactions are about ignoring that reasoning,
in favor of things like....
"I don't know what's in the vaccine."
"There are nanobots in it that make one's arm magnetic."
"It's a government plot to control us."
"There are side effects."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Reasonable reactions are based upon cogent reasoning &
evidence. Fearful reactions are about ignoring that reasoning,
in favor of things like....
"I don't know what's in the vaccine."
"There are nanobots in it that make one's arm magnetic."
"It's a government plot to control us."
"There are side effects."

I think this is an individual thing. I don't believe people who fear ignore reasoning. When a loved one is dying, they fear what will happen, the illness, and such "because" they know the facts. For many people, what they do know "kills" them. Ignorance is bliss, they say.

Those sounds like conspiracy views. I'm specifically talking about fear of the pandemic and using masks (and now vaccines) to help relieve that fear. If you have a shield and someone else doesn't have one, and you feel you're in danger, of course you're going to wonder why the other person doesn't have his shield (maybe he's stupid, doesn't know the facts, blind, etc). It's all based on your point of view (your location, population, your already held biases, and how you handle your emotions during a situation like this).

I can really careless about conspiracy theories and government controlling people and all of that. I do have reservations with this pandemic coming up near the election, but I'm not political enough (so I admit my ignorance) to really defend it. Gut feeling among other things.

How do they say: see it in another person's shoes?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think this is an individual thing. I don't believe people who fear ignore reasoning. When a loved one is dying, they fear what will happen, the illness, and such "because" they know the facts. For many people, what they do know "kills" them. Ignorance is bliss, they say.

Those sounds like conspiracy views. I'm specifically talking about fear of the pandemic and using masks (and now vaccines) to help relieve that fear. If you have a shield and someone else doesn't have one, and you feel you're in danger, of course you're going to wonder why the other person doesn't have his shield (maybe he's stupid, doesn't know the facts, blind, etc). It's all based on your point of view (your location, population, your already held biases, and how you handle your emotions during a situation like this).

I can really careless about conspiracy theories and government controlling people and all of that. I do have reservations with this pandemic coming up near the election, but I'm not political enough (so I admit my ignorance) to really defend it. Gut feeling among other things.

How do they say: see it in another person's shoes?
10394087_0.jpg

Dave Watchman

India has less than 3% vaccinated, yet they developed their own variant. How do you explain that?

I can't explain that.

I read that the scientists can't explain why India was hit so hard.

Is it that their population is so large and dense that 3% is all it took to provoke a response?

I also can't explain why Australia has only 1% vaccinated, and only 1 new case of Covid yesterday on woldometers.

Maybe their population is so sparse, social distancing is easy?

And I thought we had killed Lamarckism - Wikipedia 150 years ago. o_O
Because that is what he is trying to sell here, a complete misunderstanding of evolutionary biology - and vaccines.
If he is right, he is in for another Nobel but it is more likely that he will be diagnosed with dementia.
1. Vaccines have no influence on the virus.
2. Vaccines stimulate the immune system. They do nothing else but what the body would do without the vaccine anyway. (Only that the virus may cause you to die from the immune reaction, while the vaccine usually doesn't.)
3. People having survived the virus are in the same position as vaccinated people. (Maybe we should quarantine them because they are breeding variants?)
4. If vaccines cause variants, then how did we eliminate smallpox and, soon to come, polio?
5. Mutations are random. The environment selects the fit. I.e. when multiple strains are present, they have to "fight" the other variants for access to a patient. I.e. in a vaccinated person, the mutant is the winner by default - if it is different enough so that the immune system doesn't recognize it. That's why it looks like the vaccination breeds variants.
6. Mutations are random. The more people are infected, the higher the chance of variants. When people are vaccinated, they don't get the original virus and they can't breed variants. That's why vaccination works and why it prevents variants - the faster the better.

Let me try to circle back to this latter.

There's a third resource to consider that does a great job explaining the sterilizing vaccines from our youth, like the measles vaccine, compared to the mRNA Covid type we're dealing with now.

This resource also mirrors what the two virologists I posted are saying.

It's an 8 page PDF I would recommend to download and read. I would refer to it again as the best print version in understanding the dilemma. The web based reader is OK, the download plays better with my screen:

Parents' and policy makers' C-19 Biology Review

We have reached a crossroads in the SARS-CoV2 pandemic. Considering the risks of non-sterilizing immunization as a preventative measure, the precariousness of the current global situation cannot be underestimated. This review is intended to serve as a simple resource to help all people—from policy makers to families—better understand the biology of SARS-CoV2 and the potential ramifications of non-sterilizing immunization and offers recommendations and a call to action to protect all human health over the long term - in particular the developing immune systems of children and young adults.

"At this crossroads, the most vulnerable populations have been vaccinated using non-sterilizing immunization technology currently under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The EUA was granted to help reduce the incidence of severe COVID-19 disease and death, but while non-sterilizing immunizations can effectively protect vulnerable populations, such immunizations applied to an entire population for SARS-CoV2 are problematic.

"Already, we are seeing increasing reported variants in places like Brazil, the UK, and India. Assumptions have been made in the press that new variants emerge only from SARS-CoV2-infected masses, so by reducing the number of infections through immunization, variants will disappear. Evidence and growing scientific consensus suggest the contrary: variants are emerging in quasi-immunized individuals (e.g., only one shot) or fully immunized populations as either “breakthrough infections”—asymptomatic and symptomatic infections—in which more dangerous variants are creeping undetected within the immunized population.

"In many instances, with cases increasing in proportion to increased immunizations, and societies reopening and then closing again, authorities like the U.S. Centers for Disease Control(CDC) do not always have one clear control variable to understand what is driving certain phenomena. The possibility that asymptomatic and symptomatic transmission of stronger and more dangerous escape variants is already occurring among immunized individuals must be considered and new reporting systems to monitor such transmission should be established, especially if this transmission is spreading among healthy immunized individuals with stronger innate immunity to begin with.

Cutting Edge Biology for All