• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could they survive like this on average?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I wouldn't mind cats eating all of the rodents mice and rats which have caused plagues in the past. However, it's sad when they kill Birds or reptiles.

74x12

I wouldn't mind cats eating all of the rodents mice and rats which have caused plagues in the past. However, it's sad when they kill Birds or reptiles.
Well, if you let that many cats out; then surely it would be a catastrophe!

It was fleas that spread the bubonic plague. But yes rats did carry fleas; so they were part of the problem.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Back when I lived in Montana and there were mountains and woods all over the place, one of the things I wanted to do was rescue as many dogs and cats from kill shelters and let them go deep in the woods and the mountains, leaving them some food of course.

Would they be able to on average survive very long in the woods or the mountains in your opinion?

I just hate hearing those encaged animals bark and meow in agony, but would not want to condemn them to a worse fate of starvation.

However, some of them might be able to survive. I wonder if they would stay together and reproduce. It's something I've always wanted to do because they might live very interesting lives, start colonies, and display some intriguing behaviors in the wild.

They might really appreciate the freedom and environment. Perhaps someone at RF can try it? Of course, not if it is illegal.
I think you and I would get along fine!

74x12

Well, if you let that many cats out; then surely it would be a catastrophe!

It was fleas that spread the bubonic plague. But yes rats did carry fleas; so they were part of the problem.
Yeah ... that would be a catastrophe.