• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could anyone offer me some advice?

I don't really know much about either spirituality, but unless there's some rule that you have to choose one or the other, I don't know why you can't just incorporate elements from both. You can keep the aspects of Satanism that appealed to you and not have to adhere to the aspects that no longer do. That's all part of the natural cycle of life that as we go through different points in our life, our perspectives change, but that doesn't mean you can't still appreciate what your previous perspectives taught you.

VioletVortex

You should definitely look further into Norse Paganism if your interested. Sorry, to use black metal as an example but if theistic Satanism had saints (or martyrs I suppose) then Euronymous should be inducted imo and he seemed to be okay with signing bands like Enslaved and Sigh who have lyrics about Norse and Shinto mythology and the like.

Over the past year I've been very drawn to a bunch of different religious stuff including LHP and Germanic Paganism but I was previously more of a vague panendeist and not very interested in spirituality. As I looked further into things not only did it not seem to matter so much as putting a label on it but that I didnt really need to figure it out immediately. Just kind of go with the flow I guess.

So in conclusion don't feel like you necessarily have to abandon it; just look further into Norse Paganism and try it out and maybe see where it takes you and if it doesn't work you can always go back to what your most comfortable with.

You are right. Norse Paganism is a spiritual worldview, and a Left Hand Path philosophy can be applied to it.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I've been a Satanist for the past two years. However, recently, I've started feeling that Satanism is merely an expression of my rebellion. I'm not saying that rebellion is a bad thing, I think it's good, but I do not feel that Satanism is my true religious belief...

Over the past few weeks, I've felt more drawn to Norse/Germanic Paganism, however, I've been a Satanist for a few years and it's difficult for me to abandon it.

Has anyone felt "drawn" to a certain spiritual path before? If so, did you heed it, and did it lead you somewhere fulfilling?

I guess this belongs in the Seeker's circle.

You're doing fine. Just continue to be sincere and follow your heart.
It's not easy sometimes so I hope you just be patient with yourself and in time things will all work out just fine for you. You'll see.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
I've been a Satanist for the past two years. However, recently, I've started feeling that Satanism is merely an expression of my rebellion. I'm not saying that rebellion is a bad thing, I think it's good, but I do not feel that Satanism is my true religious belief...

Over the past few weeks, I've felt more drawn to Norse/Germanic Paganism, however, I've been a Satanist for a few years and it's difficult for me to abandon it.

Has anyone felt "drawn" to a certain spiritual path before? If so, did you heed it, and did it lead you somewhere fulfilling?

Could it be that an evil person falsely represented God to you?
So now you seek another path, because you seek that which is right?

VioletVortex

Could it be that an evil person falsely represented God to you?
So now you seek another path, because you seek that which is right?

No. Satan is still far from evil to me. Just keep in mind that most Satanists do not see Satan as an evil figure; rather he is the spiritual embodiment of various good values.

I always seek which is right.

VioletVortex

I keep feeling drawn to Satanism. A portion of my mind believes Satan is real, but I feel like I am disrespecting my ancestral religion by my being a Satanist. My confusion is starting to become paradoxical; if I were a true Satanist, I would not care about disrespecting my ancestral religion.

I think I will probably end up returning to my ancestral spiritual path, but I think it will take time. I have very little patience, though.

Last edited:

Hello Iron Wizard, most of us search whether it's in darkness or light, however, we are trying to find out who we are and why we are experiencing our lives.
Everyone one has a journey and finding fulfilment is a great motivator.
Personally, I'm writing my journey about enlightenment and purpose to make sense how I allowed Love and compassion to be the key ingredient to fulfilment.
Along with the post, I have a panel of women from different spiritual affiliations discussing a subject matter.
I would like to think we are all of the same but what makes us seem different is what and who we follow.
Love does not have a religious belief nor materialistic need to survive it just is.
http://myrandomflashbacks.com/

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often

What puts me off about Heathenry is that from what I've seen it rejects multiculturalism, modernism, and post-modernism. But I'm sure they mean well. It reminds me of Judaism a little bit because of that. Am I wrong @Nietzsche? At the same time I saw a blog post one time that said there are modernists. I can't find that one. Here's a different one:

https://volmarrsheathenism.wordpress.com/about/

On top of this I'm not sure if I'm still a Christian or not.

My advice is to do what your nature tells you and not try to make yourself do anything you don't want to do or aren't ready to do.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
What puts me off about Heathenry is that from what I've seen it rejects multiculturalism, modernism, and post-modernism. But I'm sure they mean well. It reminds me of Judaism a little bit because of that. Am I wrong @Nietzsche? At the same time I saw a blog post one time that said there are modernists. I can't find that one. Here's a different one:

https://volmarrsheathenism.wordpress.com/about/

On top of this I'm not sure if I'm still a Christian or not.

My advice is to do what your nature tells you and not try to make yourself do anything you don't want to do or aren't ready to do.
Would you care to explain how Heathenry(outside the bull**** Folkish sorts) rejects multiculturalism or modernism?