• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corrupt & Poorly Trained Cops Cost Taxpayers Money

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A truck was stolen. An iphone was in it.
The phone indicated it was in a neighborhood of 6 houses.
Cops get a warrant to search one of them, assuming the
phone was there, & not in the others. SWAT arrives in
an armored vehicle with 8 militarily armed cops.
Tear her home apart. Arrest her. Nothing found.
No apologies. Cops merely departed.
Lawsuit filed Dec 1. Taxpayers are gonna really
bend over & spread'm for this brutal incompetence.

Denver SWAT raids 77-year-old's Montbello home, no evidence found | 9news.com
Excerpted....
Ruby Johnson, a 77-year-old grandmother, was watching TV in her Montbello home when she heard a loudspeaker call from outside – it was Denver Police asking anyone inside to come out with their hands up.

Body camera video obtained by 9NEWS shows Johnson, appearing confused and weary, approaching officers outside in a black robe and bonnet with her glasses on her forehead. She looks around, uncertain about what’s going to happen.

“I didn’t want them coming in there shooting,” Johnson said. “I came out, and then they asked me, ‘Do you have a gun on you?’ I said, ‘No, why would I have a gun on me?’”
:
Montbello residents who witnessed the SWAT team at Johnson’s home question why police executed the warrant – in a case of a stolen vehicle and guns – that hinged almost entirely on the Apple tracking software Find My iPhone.
:
As officers searched her home, Johnson was waiting in the back of a nearby police car. She said the experience was traumatizing and led her to feel unsafe in the home she has lived in for about 40 years.

“When I start thinking about it, tears start coming down,” she said.

Johnson is a single mother who raised her kids in the area. She no longer wants her children or grandchildren to visit her because she fears the police could come back and hurt them.

Rita Whittington first befriended Johnson more than 20-years-ago in church. She said she has noticed her friend has changed since the warrant, with a new “sadness” she has not seen before.

“It’s still hurting us. It’s still affecting her,” Whittington said. “Until we see her whole again, I want to see her better than she was. I want to see her whole again, smiling again, at peace again, that feeling of violation – I want her healed of that.”

Legal analysis...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Almost half of Antioch CA police department found
to be making racist remarks to each other. They
boast of fabricating evidence & beating suspects.
When the cops are shown to be criminals, this risks
having their testimony & cases being dismissed.
The police department has promised to investigate
itself.

Cops....the problem is not a few bad apples.
It's the paucity of any good apples.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Incompetence in the lab has caused conviction of innocent people,
& now will cause the reversal of convictions of real drunk drivers.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Yeah ,the system is evil, yet it is not, because it is bad cops, and not the system. And so we go in circles. Nor maybe is to just humans and you have account for that, before you get the good system.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Off duty cop in unmarked motorcycle
assaults woman for traffic violation.
Cost to taxpayers: $125,000