• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coronavirus Facts and Information thread:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I don't even know what a pangolin was until a few days ago. Never heard of it before. I guess I didn't watch enough episodes of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom when it was on.
Isn't it a critter that looks like a skunk wearing a suit of armour?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't it a critter that looks like a skunk wearing a suit of armour?

I guess that's as good a description as any.

zOughkQDav0R0KmITO9CTdoFqVIMnXv4CW1Lrj19VL_tl_RUFAsemQ8GprBGxaq88EKSAohl7WMYCcn7ZV0yhwG5HauNRqcXMwY-tbwIJ8nzWISbe5yo57gIOjpjRz-wRQOBzdggwXTynsMahFeFNOP7skdILQhgNczW

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Mosques in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh (largest by population - 233 million, equivalent to a fifth largest nation in the world) and Krishna temples in Mathura have refused to use alcohol-based sanitizers. Since the clerics are against it, the Muslim populace also will not use sanitizers. That does not bode well for India with respect to Corona Virus.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Some studies done on the amount of antibody in people who were infected with COVID and recovered.

The most disturbing part is that people do NOT necessarily develop strong immunity to further infection: it varies widely from person to person.

This makes it much more difficult to get herd immunity and guaranteed safety to open up.

Antibody testing suggests immune response post-COVID is very variable

"For now, what do we conclude from all of this? The first is that, to get a more accurate picture of who has actually experienced a SARS-CoV-2 infection, we're going to want to rely on high-throughput assays. Right now, the smaller personal kits may be helpful for people who are interested in getting a rough picture of their own medical history, but the results aren't up to the quality we'd want for understanding the public's exposure.

The second thing is that SARS-CoV-2 infection isn't necessarily producing a robust immunity. We don't really know what levels of neutralizing antibodies are actually protective, but it's clear that a lot of people don't produce many of them after an infection. Which means any plans for generating herd immunity by allowing a controlled level of infection have to be viewed with extreme skepticism at this point. And vaccine developers will need to ensure that the injections produce a consistently high-level response that includes neutralizing antibodies."

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Need a new site to grab the daily tally from.

Its gotten near impossible to copy anything from Worldometer because of the ads.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Its gotten near impossible to copy anything from Worldometer because of the ads.

I use NoScript on Firefox. It's a PITA when there's quite a few sites embedded in the one site I care about and forms I need to fill out are linked to other web sites, but it's great for stopping abusive ad assaults.