• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cops Must Have Immunity Removed

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Man buys $5 frozen pizza.
Man has receipt.
Cops brutally attack him because he walked past them.
Thrown to ground, knee on his neck, threat to break his nose.
Cops don't care that he showed them the receipt.
He's arrested anyway.
Department is dropping the charge of interfering with an investigation.
How nice of the cops, eh?
The offenders should be arrested & prosecuted....not disciplined
by paying for additional training. They'll still be dumb thugs.

For those interested....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As far as I have seen, I cannot but conclude that it is very easy to commit suicide in the US.
It's sufficient that you call a cop bad names, and five second later you lie on the ground with multiple wounds, dead.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Retired fireman saves the life of shooting victim.
Cops arrived.
Fireman needs hospitalization & surgery after
assault by cop.
Judge rules cop has qualified immunity.

FredVB

Cops so frequently violate others and their rights, and frequently kill over having anything enforced or over what was thought to be needing to be enforced. There is a long history of this and links to some cases of it I still have saved, and cops even like that don't face consequences that they should. We have a corrupt system with a police force used for it still.

Tinkerpeach

"Qualified immunity" has been often & openly discussed recently.
It gives state & local cops immunity from prosecution for many
illegal acts. Federal cops have even greater immunity, ie, it's
"unqualified". One cannot legally sue them.

In this case, a 70 year old veteran was choked & assaulted for
no reason, & badly injured upon entering a VA hospital. He
endured permanent injuries even after 2 surgeries.
Cops often have hair triggers, ready for any pretext to brutalize
anyone within reach, as the video shows. This will not change
until all cops are much better trained, & fear being held fully
accountable for every crime they commit.

SCOTUS has made the situation worse by granting immunity,
ie, "legislating from the bench" to give cops quaisi-fascist
authority over the populace. If those justices won't change
things for the better, then perhaps legislators can be convinced
to do the job. This will mean much greater awareness of the
problem, & loud voices threatening their re-election chances.

Does this veteran have any recourse against the federal cops who assaulted him?

Watch to see that the victim did nothing wrong.
Cops just exploded upon him without cause.
Perhaps just the desire to beat someone...anyone up.
I’ve always loathed people that go after police for abuse while completely ignoring the cops that get murdered in cold blood by criminals.

To these people they hate law enforcement so much that they are oblivious to everything else.

This poster wants us to believe that these cops just randomly walked up to a 70 year old and started beaohim for no reason other then they were bored or something.

It’s pathetic

Tinkerpeach

Back the Blue until it happens to you.

Always know, cops are trained to NEVER trust or respect you. Your whole attitude feeds cops egos. You are bowing down, kissing their boots, and giving up all your rights, because...you feel you have noting to hide and because they have a hard job.

It doesn't matter if you are innocent, your race, gender, age, or how "respectful" you are. They will not hesitate to throw you in a cage, beat you, or kill you.

Laws and constitutional rights are designed to protect the innocent. Which is why you must ALWAYS exercise them when dealing with cops.
What a bunch of paranoid people here

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I’ve always loathed people that go after police for abuse while completely ignoring the cops that get murdered in cold blood by criminals.

To these people they hate law enforcement so much that they are oblivious to everything else.

This poster wants us to believe that these cops just randomly walked up to a 70 year old and started beaohim for no reason other then they were bored or something.

It’s pathetic
Please define "beaohim"?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This isn't your usual venue but I thought of you when I saw it. Discussing the case of the Seattle officer who struck and killed a pedestrian in a crosswalk going 75 in a 25 zone with no sirens, and the VP and president of Seattle's police union openly mocking her death. And why none of these people have been removed from active duty even on temporary leave, and may not ever be.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've worked deadlier jobs than the cops and no one cried me a river or made it a point to make sure everyone knows how dangerous is it.
Facts are the stupidity of cops has made them their own greatest threat to themselves given how covid soared to top cop killer in the nation with their neglecting to adhere to covid precautions and get vaccinated.
And also because the trigger happy dummies sometimes shoot eachother. That's another key feature in .making them their own greatest danger.
Amd. Oh yeah. The pigs are aren't supposed to beat and kill us.

TurkeyOnRye

Man buys $5 frozen pizza.
Man has receipt.
Cops brutally attack him because he walked past them.
Thrown to ground, knee on his neck, threat to break his nose.
Cops don't care that he showed them the receipt.
He's arrested anyway.
Department is dropping the charge of interfering with an investigation.
How nice of the cops, eh?
The offenders should be arrested & prosecuted....not disciplined
by paying for additional training. They'll still be dumb thugs.

For those interested....
I really wish they would utilize this kind of assertiveness on the thieves who are loading up trash bags full of merchandize.