• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cop Attacked By Acorn. Many Shots Fired. Acorn Survives.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So not only scared out of their minds, they couldn't even hit a handcuffed, unarmed, defenseless man inside a vehicle not that far away after emptying the clips from two different firearms from two different directions. I feel so safe.
The windows of the cop car were heavily tinted. That both caused the problem and saved the guy at the same time. The officer could not see into his own car that led to a terribly wrong conclusion. But then he could not see who he was shooting at either. That probably saved the guy's life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hope the victim collects millions from Florida taxpayers.

Excerpted....
During the investigation, Hernandez was initially adamant that shots had been fired. He said that he did not have prior law enforcement experience but that he trained at West Point and served as an infantry and special forces officer for a decade, which included two rotations in Afghanistan. He said that he never faced combat because he was an officer. Eventually, investigators showed him frame-by-frame footage of an acorn hitting the car. “Acorn?” Hernandez asked. “Acorn,” the investigator responded.
:
:
The incident had a significant effect on Jackson, the man who was inside the car as the officers unloaded their pistols at nothing. While he was not injured, he said in a post on Facebook last week that he is “not OK” and “damaged for life.”
“All I could do was lean over and play dead to prevent getting shot in the head,” he wrote. “I was scared to death and I knew all I could depend on was God! I ignored everything and prayed! Windows were shattering on me the whole time as bullets continued flying across me. I was blessed not to get hit by any bullets or get hurt physically but mentally, I’m not ok. I haven’t been the same since and I don’t think this feeling I have will ever change. I truly believe I’m damaged for life!”

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I hope the victim collects millions from Florida taxpayers.

Excerpted....
During the investigation, Hernandez was initially adamant that shots had been fired. He said that he did not have prior law enforcement experience but that he trained at West Point and served as an infantry and special forces officer for a decade, which included two rotations in Afghanistan. He said that he never faced combat because he was an officer. Eventually, investigators showed him frame-by-frame footage of an acorn hitting the car. “Acorn?” Hernandez asked. “Acorn,” the investigator responded.
:
:
The incident had a significant effect on Jackson, the man who was inside the car as the officers unloaded their pistols at nothing. While he was not injured, he said in a post on Facebook last week that he is “not OK” and “damaged for life.”
“All I could do was lean over and play dead to prevent getting shot in the head,” he wrote. “I was scared to death and I knew all I could depend on was God! I ignored everything and prayed! Windows were shattering on me the whole time as bullets continued flying across me. I was blessed not to get hit by any bullets or get hurt physically but mentally, I’m not ok. I haven’t been the same since and I don’t think this feeling I have will ever change. I truly believe I’m damaged for life!”
What I find equally alarming there was zero confusion or hesitation going on in pigette. She didn't hear gunfire but she fired several shots anyways.
The pig, he reminds me of these Kokomo pigs who barged in on a guy (this was years ago so I don't remember the details), he draws a gun, the court found him innocent and the pigs wanted him retried because he scared them.
For tough guys they sure seem to lack balls. But that's how it often goes with bullies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What I find equally alarming there was zero confusion or hesitation going on in pigette. She didn't hear gunfire but she fired several shots anyways.
The pig, he reminds me of these Kokomo pigs who barged in on a guy (this was years ago so I don't remember the details), he draws a gun, the court found him innocent and the pigs wanted him retried because he scared them.
For tough guys they sure seem to lack balls. But that's how it often goes with bullies.
Female cops have no balls?
They might if they're trans.

Oh, come on...you know
I had to go there!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know, but years of calling it that has stuck. I don't think it would matter what it is called, if the person using it empties a gun in my direction.
When I shoot, I aim for good grammar & correct definitions.
Alas, I don't shoot anymore. It stopped being fun after
a while because it's too much about improving skill,
& correcting my many flaws. It's like work...work I don't want to do.
(I used to compete.)

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
& correcting my many flaws. It's like work.
& correcting my many flaws. It's like work.
When I was a kid, my father had a Skilsaw circular saw. He taught my younger brother and I how to safely use that saw to cut with. Now all circular saws are not Skilsaws, but skilsaw became my word for circular saws.

When I was a kid, my father would show my brother and I how some of his collection worked. One of them was on old Enfield that he would load using a clip to put the cartridges in the magazine. Clip became word for clips and magazines.

I'm rather fond of those words in honor of the man that shared and taught me useful, practical things that he found interesting and enjoyed.

But yes, the scientist in me recognizes that proper terminology is important to communication and understanding.

But the boy in me and the son learned something from someone he loved and respected and that association is hard to shake off.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When I was a kid, my father had a Skilsaw circular saw. He taught my younger brother and I how to safely use that saw to cut with.
That should be "my younger brother & me".
You wouldn't say "He taught I".
Making it plural doesn't change the case.
Now all circular saws are not Skilsaws, but skilsaw became my word for circular saws.
It's a common thing....like "Jello" for any gelatin treat.
When I was a kid, my father would show my brother and I how some of his collection worked. One of them was on old Enfield that he would load using a clip to put the cartridges in the magazine. Clip became word for clips and magazines.
But that's wrong because a clip is different from a magazine.

I'm rather fond of those words in honor of the man that shared and taught me useful, practical things that he found interesting and enjoyed.

But yes, the scientist in me recognizes that proper terminology is important to communication and understanding.

But the boy in me and the son learned something from someone he loved and respected and that association is hard to shake off.
I sympathize.
I do my "xeroxing" using a Brother.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
That should be "my younger brother & me".
You wouldn't say "He taught I".
Making it plural doesn't change the case.

It's a common thing....like "Jello" for any gelatin treat.

But that's wrong because a clip is different from a magazine.
Ah well, nobody's perfect. You remind me of him. He was stickler for terminology as well.

Yes, I know. A clip can be used to load a magazine. Two different things, but oddly you did recognize what I was referring to.

It is my understanding that so many Studebaker trucks were sent to WWII-era Russia, that studebaker colloquially became their word for truck. People have their affectations.
I sympathize.
I do my "xeroxing" using a Brother.
Oh brother, where art thou?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Monkey see.
Monkey do.