• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

convincing secular people that following Satan is wrong

Alien_Youth

Soldier in God's army
Hi All,

I just joined this forum and am having a rather heated discussion with someone who believes that it doesn't matter if you believe in Satan that you will go to heaven otherwise. I would appreciate some help in defending my faith and helping this person realize that if they do follow Satan they will go to the firey pit of Hell. I was baptized as a presbyterian but have only started seriously reading the bible and seriously going to church after giving my heart to Jesus 1 1/2 years ago, I recommited to my faith at an Acquire The Fire rally where I was able to see my friend give her heart to Jesus as well Any help anyone can give in relation to bible passages against satanism or just a strong faith in god would help a lot thanks very much God Bless you all

Alien Youth

Dinogrrl

peeb!
You can say all you want, but in the end, it's all up to Jesus and the individual. There's only so much you can do before looking 'pushy' to others.

Alien_Youth

Soldier in God's army
You make a very good point Dinogrrl. there is only so much I can do or say before people think I am being preachy, it's just the fact that God put his fire into my heart and if I see someone going down a path towards damnation I try my hardest to save them . I have already saved my friend Maegan and it felt really good when she gave her heart to Jesus. I know I felt something because God was pleased with me being a fruitful christian. I just want to keep him pleased and do what I can to bring more people to him. I don't wish to be pushy though I'd rather do it in a conservative way

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Alien_Youth ~ There is a fine line between expressing and defending your beliefs, and proselytizing. You sound like you're in danger of crossing that line...

From Forum Rules:

15.) Proselytizing will not be tolerated. This forum should be for sharing, discussing and understanding other religions and ideas, not converting others to your individual religion or beliefs.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Please remember that according to the forum rules, proselytizing is not allowed on the forums. (If the other person is trying to convert others to their beliefs, I will naturally be pointing this out to them, too.) I completely respect your viewpoints and your willingness to share them, but the main forums are for sharing your own beliefs, as opposed to aiming to get others to share them. Believe me, if you simply live your life as you believe you are intended, non-Christians will be far more willing to discuss changing their religion than they would if you'd simply come out and asked them to. (And again, this goes for all faiths.)

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
This "heated discussion" you're referring to...is it on the forum, or via PM or somewhere else entirely? The only other posts of yours I've found on Satanism are in the Satanism forum...and none of the comments were what I'd call "heated". :p You wait till you get into the debates, then you'll know what heated is... ;)

Regarding your original post in this thread, I would say that here, at least, you should stay away from trying to "save" people. Many people here are not Christian, and nor do they want to be. Respect that, and everyone will get along fine. :)

Alien_Youth

Soldier in God's army
Bastet,

the discussion I was referring to was an msn messenger conversation with someone I know. I will respect each persons right to their religion on this forum. I will post my opinions, if people find my stance on my faith offensive they can let me know and I will gladly tone it down

Alien Youth

p.s. sorry about accidentally breaking the rules. I promise It won't happen again

t3gah

Alien_Youth said:
Hi All,

I just joined this forum and am having a rather heated discussion with someone who believes that it doesn't matter if you believe in Satan that you will go to heaven otherwise. I would appreciate some help in defending my faith and helping this person realize that if they do follow Satan they will go to the firey pit of Hell. I was baptized as a presbyterian but have only started seriously reading the bible and seriously going to church after giving my heart to Jesus 1 1/2 years ago, I recommited to my faith at an Acquire The Fire rally where I was able to see my friend give her heart to Jesus as well Any help anyone can give in relation to bible passages against satanism or just a strong faith in god would help a lot thanks very much God Bless you all

Alien Youth
"Satan" isn't it's name. Hell is the grave where everyone is going until the resurrection.

That means your friend has no idea what they are talking about.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Before leaving everyone in peace, I just wanted to agree that you couldn't know the forum rules, so you shouldn't worry about it! (I do think an apology I need to make is if I came off sounding too harsh- I'm actually not a rude person, or try not to be, but I attended a workshop today that's making me a bit more opinionated than usual.)

*hugs*
Again, welcome to the forums!

linwood

I think the implication is that secularism is Satanic.

As a secularist I am unwittingly without my knowledge through Satans deception worshipping or working for him.

Thats what I`ve been told anyway...often.

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
Alien_Youth said:
You make a very good point Dinogrrl. there is only so much I can do or say before people think I am being preachy, it's just the fact that God put his fire into my heart and if I see someone going down a path towards damnation I try my hardest to save them . I have already saved my friend Maegan and it felt really good when she gave her heart to Jesus. I know I felt something because God was pleased with me being a fruitful christian. I just want to keep him pleased and do what I can to bring more people to him. I don't wish to be pushy though I'd rather do it in a conservative way
Hi Alien Youth, welcome to the forums!

Telling someone they are going to hell is generally a counter-productive way to share the gospel with someone. I know your heart is in the right place and that you are trying to help them, but you will push them away if you are not careful.

Be humble always and never regard the person as foolish. Share your personal experience; they cannot argue with this. And as Dinogirl said, remember it is not up to you. :)

No*s

Captain Obvious
Alien_Youth said:
Hi All,

Alien Youth

Well, AY, you can't convince them. You can answer questions about your faith when it arises, but you can do no more. Like Atofel said, live humbly. A righteous life normally speaks more words than any debate can hope to. Be kind at all times. In time, a respectible conversation can arise, but all you can do is work out your own salvation :).

Alien_Youth

Soldier in God's army
I have taken your advice to heart, I will Christ through my lifestyle and personal testimonies. I will gently remind peopel of God's love for them but no longer will I force damnation on them.

Thanks for chaning my way of thinking God Bless,

Alien Youth

magnolia

Alien Youth, the best you can do is pray. That person's heart needs to be softened with the holy spirit's conviction. Remember, it is not you who saves that person, but God.

A

angellous_evangellous

Alien_Youth said:
Hi All,

Alien Youth
I woulnd't worry about trying to convince folks that Satan is real. Living for Jesus is our task. If we could convince Christians to love God and their neighbor, everything will work out just fine. No need in concentrating our resources on the enemy.

Have fun,
Nate

Alien_Youth

Soldier in God's army
True True Nate, and md88 that's true. You all made good points and to magnolia you make a very excellent point it is God who saves them and not us, we just try to lead them to Him. Nate makes an awesome point that we shouldn't concentrate our efforts on the enemey but should concentrate on living a christian life and getting other christians to love their neighbors and God.

God Bless,

Alien Youth