• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convince me that God is loving

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Convince me that God is loving without referring to scriptures that say that
I tried the not so easy way
Not many can handle that
But it always works

The easier way seems
Ask others (RF'ers) to be convinced
That will never yield results we look for

What more to say

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Jesus did a whole heck of a lot for the good of humanity.
Jesus gave His life so we could have eternal life, but God did nothing.

Maybe so, from someone, and it is going to come from people, not from God. It also comes from animals because they too can love in their own way.
I think all were created to love including animals.

But, as per my signature, The Word was God and, as expressed when he was in the flesh as Jesus, all he did was going about doing good and healing all who were oppressed of the devil.

I think I shouldn't have answered because I'm not really wanting to try to "convince" you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Hi. I was also a victim of child abuse. I had a very traumatic childhood where I became orphaned resulting in me attempting suicide six times and eventually receiving six courses of shock therapy. After all this ‘trauma and deep depression’ I found Baha’u’llah.
Then my understanding of my own suffering changed. Would I have found the truth any other way?
The fact that other Baha'is 'found the truth' without enduring the suffering that you endured is a logical proof that the suffering is not necessary to 'find the truth.' I know plenty of Baha'is who have hardly ever suffered at all. Suffering is not necessary to find the truth or to be a 'good Baha'i.' Suffering is just something some people have to endure and not everyone comes out of it as well as you did. How is that their fault?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The fact that God sent Baha’u’llah and that you have been led to believe in Him means is not the most precious and priceless gift you could ever have received in this world?
I used to think so but not so much anymore, and this has nothing to do with my recent loss. It is because I finally stated thinking about what I believe and why instead of just blindly believing.

Tell me why you think it is the most precious and priceless gift I could ever have received, other than the fact that you believe it is. What do I get from this gift other than constant service work and guilt over what I am not believing or doing right? That's a gift?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't believe you actually believe that. Or know what it would mean if you didn't exist.
Why don't you believe it? I am not the only person who feels this way. I know others.

I know exactly what it would mean. It would mean I would not have had any joy or suffering, but I would never know what I missed since I would not have existed. As it is now, all I have is suffering and I don't look forward to an afterlife because I believe it will just be more of the same - for eternity.
Have you seen It's a Wonderful Life?
Years ago, but I forgot the plot.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sounds like u don't believe in God so y would I waste time to convince u he's loving?
I do not have to believe that God is loving in order to believe in God.
That God is loving is nothing but a faith-based belief, there is no evidence of such.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think all were created to love including animals.

But, as per my signature, The Word was God and, as expressed when he was in the flesh as Jesus, all he did was going about doing good and healing all who were oppressed of the devil.

I think I shouldn't have answered because I'm not really wanting to try to "convince" you.
I agree that we were all created to love, including animals, and that means people and animals have to be loved.

I'm not really trying to be convinced because I don't think anyone can convince me. I just threw that out to see who would try. ;)
If someone had a reasonable argument as to why God is loving I might be convinced but I was not expecting that.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So here we go. I am just supposed to believe that God is loving, even though I cannot understand why God is loving, because scriptures say that God is loving. That is blind faith and I want no part of it.

I find that laudable. You're looking for real proof and not superficiality. May your heart's desire soon be satisfied.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The fact that other Baha'is 'found the truth' without enduring the suffering that you endured is a logical proof that the suffering is not necessary to 'find the truth.' I know plenty of Baha'is who have hardly ever suffered at all. Suffering is not necessary to find the truth or to be a 'good Baha'i.' Suffering is just something some people have to endure and not everyone comes out of it as well as you did. How is that their fault?

While I'm not a Baha'i, I still found my truth, as well as peace, joy, and contentment in life, only after I renounced my Christian faith and let go of my belief, trust, and hope in the biblical God, and it was the best decision that I've made for my mental health and emotional well-being. I was a devout Christian for thirty years, and I sincerely believed in God for many years before that, so it took me some time to completely free myself from all of the Christian indoctrination that I had been subjected to throughout my life. The negativity I encountered as a Christian eventually led me to Wicca and, later, polytheism, both of which have been truly uplifting experiences for me. As a Wiccan, I've discovered the truth that I'm not under any obligation to always live morally upright in order to appease a vengeful and jealous God who threatens to damn me to hell for all eternity if I don't obey his arbitrary rules or seek his forgiveness for allegedly sinning against him. I'm not compelled to worship any particular deity, nor am I intimidated by or fearful of the wrath of any deity. To be honest, it has been very liberating, and unlike when I was a Christian, I no longer feel any fear, guilt, or shame about allegedly "sinning" against God. In my previous post here, I went into greater detail about my experiences as a Christian.

And, as a psychic medium, I've discovered over the years that the truth about the Bible's teachings on what happens to humans after death are dangerously incorrect and extremely misleading. It's unfortunate and upsetting that the Bible's teachings on the afterlife have resulted in many human spirits remaining in the physical world and being earthbound. I've encountered and spoken with many of these spirits who were either very confused and scared or very angry because they believe they were betrayed and lied to when they were told they would go straight to heaven to be with Jesus. Many of these poor souls were stuck until either I or other mediums guided them to cross over, and sadly, some are still stuck because they are too afraid or too angry to cross over into the spirit world.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
If I had the choice, I would have chosen never to be born at all.....
but I don't have that choice so I have to try to make the best of my life in this world.

I've felt the same way in the past, but I don't feel that way anymore. I sympathize with you, my friend.

King Phenomenon

Without god u wouldn't be here. Start with that. Unless you think something else is behind all of existence then I guess you're allowed to be unloved. Haha

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Convince me that God is loving without referring to scriptures that say that.

Tell me why I should believe that God is loving.

I cannot believe God is loving since it makes no sense to me that there would be so much suffering in the world if God was loving. I am referring to suffering that cannot be tied any free will decision of the person who suffers.
The suffering in the world is easy to understand when you know about karma and reincarnation. The suffering you have endure in this life is the result of your actions in previous lives. All of us have done horrendous acts in previous lives when humans were not that civilized. Those acts of karma need to be paid for - there is no escape or way out.

As for God being loving, there is no doubt about it. Each life is allocated only the amount karma that the person can endure and an attempt is always made to help anyone who asks for it to cope with the suffering. We are slowly coming to the point when suffering on Earth will end. The last vestiges of every person's karma are currently being paid off - This also means if you commit new acts of harm to others, the resulting karma will occur almost instantly in a few months - no more waiting till the next life. You can get more info at Individual Karma and Group Karma

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The suffering in the world is easy to understand when you know about karma and reincarnation. The suffering you have endure in this life is the result of your actions in previous lives. All of us have done horrendous acts in previous lives when humans were not that civilized. Those acts of karma need to be paid for - there is no escape or way out.
I do not believe in reincarnation so I don't believe in past lives. I believe that every human has only one body and one soul and one life in this world. Then after we die our soul passes to the spiritual world and continues to evolve.

There is no justice in reincarnation, as people would be suffering in this world for what they don't even know they did in another life. I cannot even imagine a God more cruel than that.
As for God being loving, there is no doubt about it.
Nor is there any proof. It is just a faith-based belief.
We are slowly coming to the point when suffering on Earth will end.
I believe things on earth will eventually improve for humanity as a collective whole, but there will always be suffering since suffering in inherent in life in a physical world. Only after we die and enter the spiritual world will the suffering end, potentially.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've felt the same way in the past, but I don't feel that way anymore. I sympathize with you, my friend.
I am glad things got better for you, but that doesn't happen to everyone. I hate it when people say "things will get better" so thanks for not saying that.

I know you life can be difficult with the paranormal work you do, but you have everything to live for because you have a loving husband and five children.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not expect God to operate by frames of reference that are human. However, that is the only frame of reference in which I as a human can operate.

I do not believe that God understands love in the same way I do. However, I can only understand what God's love is from a human frame of reference, since I am a human.

So here we go. I am just supposed to believe that God is loving, even though I cannot understand why God is loving, because scriptures say that God is loving. That is blind faith and I want no part of it.

That's very fair. I don't worship gods that require blind faith either. Not really my thing.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if mystical strains of the one-god worshiping religions have their ways of finding knowings in the mysteries of their traditions. It works that way in my own, at any rate, and when you experience the mysteries for yourself, it's no longer about faith (blind or otherwise).

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
There are many conceptions of God but I don't believe there is more than one God.
Wouldn't you have to provide more details about your beliefs and conceptions of God than that regarding the idea of a loving God?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I am glad things got better for you, but that doesn't happen to everyone. I hate it when people say "things will get better" so thanks for not saying that.

I know you life can be difficult with the paranormal work you do, but you have everything to live for because you have a loving husband and five children.
I find it comforting when someone says things will get better in a kind and compassionate way.