• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convergence Of Signs

InChrist

Free4ever
I think the indications of the soon return of Christ are converging rapidly and it’s time for Christians and especially the unsaved to pay attention.
That’s my perspective anyway, share yours.

The Rush To Divide Israel

The Push For Digital Currencies​

The Threat Of World War III​

UFOs And Aliens​

The UN’s Seven-year Commitment​

Days Of Noah And Lot​

“We most assuredly live in biblical times. The convergence of signs is like that of the grand finale of a fireworks show that noisily illuminates the sky with its bright display of colors. Yet sadly, many believers and pastors turn their heads and walk away from the spectacle telling themselves and others, “There’s nothing to see here.”

I also believe the words of Proverbs 1:20apply here: “Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:”

The myriad of signs, along with the voices of many students of Bible prophecy, sound the alarm regarding the nearness of the Tribulation. Wisdom continues to cry out with the message that Jesus is coming soon, but so few are paying attention.”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're not the first to see it.
homer-end-is-near.0.1462686443.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are definitely correct about that; I’m not the first to see it.
I'm on the verge of over using my old limerick.
But the subject has come up so often lately.

They urge repentance using fear,
and say the end moves ever near.
But then they must
their date adjust
to float so that it's never here.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Haven't people been predicting the last days for the last 2,000 years?

Hasn't the world already been destroyed then re-created four times already? Isn't the only thing keeping this fifth-sun world going the blood sacrifices of the Aztec people -- which have now been halted?

Didn't the Kali Yuga -- the forth and last -- begin around 3102 BCE, to last 432,000 years, after which the universe will end and a New Yuga cycle begin?

Aren't there hundreds of end-of-the-world predictions, from hundreds of different cultures? What makes you thing the Christian one is more likely than any of the others?

InChrist

Free4ever
I'm on the verge of over using my old limerick.
But the subject has come up so often lately.

They urge repentance using fear,
and say the end moves ever near.
But then they must
their date adjust
to float so that it's never here.
Nice little limerick poem.
I don’t think specific date-setting is appropriate, nor fear. Personally, my view is that as time moves on, at some point history will culminate. Since I believe the prophetic biblical scriptures were given to provide insight, then it seems wise to take note.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nice little limerick poem.
I don’t think specific date-setting is appropriate, nor fear. Personally, my view is that as time moves on, at some point history will culminate. Since I believe the prophetic biblical scriptures were given to provide insight, then it seems wise to take note.
When the apocalypse arrives, & worldly
possessions no longer have value, can I
have all your money & antique engines?

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
Haven't people been predicting the last days for the last 2,000 years?

Hasn't the world already been destroyed then re-created four times already? Isn't the only thing keeping this fifth-sun world going the blood sacrifices of the Aztec people -- which have now been halted?

Didn't the Kali Yuga -- the forth and last -- begin around 3102 BCE, to last 432,000 years, after which the universe will end and a New Yuga cycle begin?

Aren't there hundreds of end-of-the-world predictions, from hundreds of different cultures? What makes you thing the Christian one is more likely than any of the others?
I think the biblical prophesies are accurate because I believe they were given by the Creator of heaven and earth Who knows past, present and future. They also appear to line up with real world history and events.

InChrist

Free4ever
When the apocalypse arrives, & worldly
possession no longer have value, can I
have all your money & antique engines?
I don’t have any antique engines. You’re welcome to my money or whatever; I won’t care about it. Initially, getting it may be difficult though in the midst of the chaos.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the indications of the soon return of Christ are converging rapidly and it’s time for Christians and especially the unsaved to pay attention.
That’s my perspective anyway, share yours.

The Rush To Divide Israel

The Push For Digital Currencies​

The Threat Of World War III​

UFOs And Aliens​

The UN’s Seven-year Commitment​

Days Of Noah And Lot​

“We most assuredly live in biblical times. The convergence of signs is like that of the grand finale of a fireworks show that noisily illuminates the sky with its bright display of colors. Yet sadly, many believers and pastors turn their heads and walk away from the spectacle telling themselves and others, “There’s nothing to see here.”

I also believe the words of Proverbs 1:20apply here: “Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:”

The myriad of signs, along with the voices of many students of Bible prophecy, sound the alarm regarding the nearness of the Tribulation. Wisdom continues to cry out with the message that Jesus is coming soon, but so few are paying attention.”

So many claims, so little substance of anything from the Bible. And of course, these supposed "signs" get continually updated with whatever the newest headlines are.

Jesus, per the Gospels, said no one knows the day or the hour of his return and it will come as a thief in the night (ie, unexpectedly). When are Christians going to believe him?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the biblical prophesies are accurate because I believe they were given by the Creator of heaven and earth Who knows past, present and future. They also appear to line up with real world history and events.
You think they're accurate because your religion says they're accurate; not because the prophecies are clearly referring to actual, unpredictable events that have come to pass. And why do you think your religion is accurate? Don't the faithful of every religion "think" their religion true?

First, this is not what you think. it's what you feel.
Thinking involves critical analysis of objective facts. There is none of that here. I'd bet you'd believe in a whole different religion if you'd been born in Arabia or India.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

https://harbingersdaily.com/the-con...-coming-soon-but-so-few-are-paying-attention/
It sounds like whoever wrote the article doesn't know the Bible very well.
Jesus never planned to return to earth and that is why there are no Bible verses where Jesus says He is going to return.
Rather, Jesus said that His work was 'finished' in this world and He would be 'no more' in this world.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus said that He had to go away to the Father so He could send the Comforter, and we would see Jesus no more.

John 16:9 I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus, per the Gospels, said no one knows the day or the hour of his return and it will come as a thief in the night (ie, unexpectedly). When are Christians going to believe him?
No, Jesus never said He, Jesus, was going to return to earth, not once in the entire New Testament.
Matthew 24:42-44
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Mark 13:32-33
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

The day of the Lord is not the second coming of Jesus Christ, since Jesus never planned to return to earth.

InChrist

Free4ever
So many claims, so little substance of anything from the Bible. And of course, these supposed "signs" get continually updated with whatever the newest headlines are.

Yes, Jesus said no one would know the day or the hour and that He would come unexpectedly. I certainly believe Him. Yet, He also stressed the importance of watching so as to not be caught in a snare unexpectedly and to counted worthy of escape. What is the point of watching if there is nothing to watch for?

But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. 35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”
Luke 21:34-36

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Harold Camping predicted exact dates, not once, but twice.
Five times:

"Camping first predicted that the Judgment Day would occur on or about September 6, 1994.[7][8][9] When it failed to occur, he revised the date to September 29 and then to October 2.[10][11] In 2005, Camping predicted the Second Coming of Christ to May 21, 2011, whereupon the saved would be taken up to heaven in the rapture, and that "there would follow five months of fire, brimstone and plagues on Earth, with millions of people dying each day, culminating on October 21, 2011, with the final destruction of the world."[12][13]

His prediction for May 21, 2011 was widely reported, in part because of a large-scale publicity campaign by Family Radio, and it prompted ridicule from atheist organizations[14] and rebuttals from Christian organizations.[15] After May 21 passed without the predicted events, Camping said he believed that a "spiritual" judgment had occurred on that date, and that the physical Rapture would occur on October 21, 2011, simultaneously with the final destruction of the universe by God.[16] Except for one press appearance on May 23, 2011, Camping largely avoided press interviews after May 21, particularly after he suffered a stroke in June 2011.[17] After October 21, 2011, passed without the predicted apocalypse, the mainstream media labeled Camping a false prophet and commented that his ministry would collapse after the "failed 'Doomsday' prediction".[18]"