• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Control

Orbital

To experience something is to not be a part of it? Huh? So if you have a pain in your stomach that's not an experience because it has to be separate from you to be an experience?

You might be new to anatomy and biology, but the sensories that obtain information about the stomach are not the stomach, but part of the nerve system connected to the brain.

Orbital

If you say a box is empty then upon opening the box it is revealed that it is truly empty, have you not proven that something does not exist?

No, you have proven that an empty box exists.

Concerning your misunderstanding of the burden of proof: It is always of the assertion of the positive claim. If it were not, then all claims that are made that are not proved to be wrong are true. This would lead you to a lot of contradictory claims.
Ex:

Claim 1: At the opposite end of Neptune, from our perspective, lies a large piece of iron. This is true because I cannot prove it to be wrong.

Claim 2: At the opposite end of Neptune, from our perspective, does not lie a piece of iron. This is true because I cannot prove it to be wrong.

Claim 1 and claim 2 would be simultaneously true and therefore that piece of iron would exist and not exist at the same time. This is a contradiction and cannot logically be so.

You have also asked for proof that you made a positive claim, I would like to refer you to your first post: "All humans have one unit of God energy". This is your assertion and you go one to describe the properties of this 'energy'. These are positive claims because the claim something to be true.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
You have yet to provide proof that I made a positive claim. You continue to make assertions without proof.

Let's take a look at your OP, shall we? ;)

All humans have one unit of God energy.

Positive claim #1: There is such a thing as 'God energy'.
Positive claim #2: Humans have one 'unit' of this energy.

We can freely give away this one unit of energy when we give our attention to something by looking at it, listening to it or them, feeling it or them, or by thinking about it or them (this is why you were told to pray).

Positive claim #3: This 'unit of energy' can be given away.
Positive claim #4: The method for giving said 'unit' away.

Have you ever felt someone looking at you then turned your head to see someone actually doing just that?

Positive claim #5: The feeling of being looked at is attributed to the deliverance of this 'energy' rather than our senses.

When you give away your energy you immediately receive another from the universe. All objects can receive this energy and when they do receive it the energy flows through them and returns to the universe. Essentially, every object can drain universal energy back to the universe but only lifeforms can receive this energy.

Positive claim #6: When 'units' are given away you get another one.
Positive claim #7: These 'units' are provided by 'the universe'.
Positive claim #8: Any object can be a recipient/channel of such 'energy'.
Positive claim #9: Only living things can actually receive it.

Some lifeforms are very primitive, they transfer their energy by touch whether they actually "feel" it or not. Humans, however, can touch, feel, see, and hear so they transfer much more energy than the primitive lifeforms.

Positive claim #10: This 'energy' is transferred through the use of senses.
Positive claim #11: Modern science is completely wrong about how the senses of animals work.

This is the way God experiences His creation, His universe.

Positive claim #12: There is a god.
Positive claim #13: This god is male.
Positive claim #14: The universe belongs to him.
Positive claim #15: The above mechanisms is how he experiences this universe.

Now for the bad part, when we give away our one unit of energy we don't really feel anything since we receive another immediately but when we are the center of attention we are the conduit for large amounts of this energy. We feel it but we don't know there's a spiritual component to it. We think it's just nerves. What it really is is control. Control of other's energy. This is partly the reason people commit control crimes like rape and kidnapping. It's also the reason people seek "control freak" jobs like the military, police, and elected positions.

Positive claim #16: More attention from living things makes more of this 'energy' flow.
Positive claim #17: This energy is spiritual (whatever that means).
Positive claim #18: This type of 'energy control' is why we have psychopaths.

There.
18 positive claims, many of which fall into the 'extraordinary claims' category, and as such, according to Carl Sagan, require extraordinary evidence.
So, it seems that it is time for you to get to work. ;)

Super Universe

Defender of God
No, you have proven that an empty box exists.

Concerning your misunderstanding of the burden of proof: It is always of the assertion of the positive claim. If it were not, then all claims that are made that are not proved to be wrong are true. This would lead you to a lot of contradictory claims.
Ex:

Claim 1: At the opposite end of Neptune, from our perspective, lies a large piece of iron. This is true because I cannot prove it to be wrong.

Claim 2: At the opposite end of Neptune, from our perspective, does not lie a piece of iron. This is true because I cannot prove it to be wrong.

Claim 1 and claim 2 would be simultaneously true and therefore that piece of iron would exist and not exist at the same time. This is a contradiction and cannot logically be so.

You have also asked for proof that you made a positive claim, I would like to refer you to your first post: "All humans have one unit of God energy". This is your assertion and you go one to describe the properties of this 'energy'. These are positive claims because the claim something to be true.

I don't have a misunderstanding of the burden of proof, I simply disagree with it. This is a forum where people post idea's and others discuss if they wish.

You're here in an attempt to control others thoughts/ideas by using logic to pick apart their ideas but logic does not explain the universe. Logic doesn't explain a flower or a kitten purring. Logic doesn't explain love, hate, pain, or surprise.

To you God can't possibly exist because you didn't get the life you wanted. You didn't get some special toy you wanted one Christmas or whatever. The thing you're going to have the most trouble accepting is that it's just not about you. It never was and it never will be.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Let's take a look at your OP, shall we? ;)

Positive claim #1: There is such a thing as 'God energy'.
Positive claim #2: Humans have one 'unit' of this energy.

Positive claim #3: This 'unit of energy' can be given away.
Positive claim #4: The method for giving said 'unit' away.

Positive claim #5: The feeling of being looked at is attributed to the deliverance of this 'energy' rather than our senses.

Positive claim #6: When 'units' are given away you get another one.
Positive claim #7: These 'units' are provided by 'the universe'.
Positive claim #8: Any object can be a recipient/channel of such 'energy'.
Positive claim #9: Only living things can actually receive it.

Positive claim #10: This 'energy' is transferred through the use of senses.
Positive claim #11: Modern science is completely wrong about how the senses of animals work.

Positive claim #12: There is a god.
Positive claim #13: This god is male.
Positive claim #14: The universe belongs to him.
Positive claim #15: The above mechanisms is how he experiences this universe.

Positive claim #16: More attention from living things makes more of this 'energy' flow.
Positive claim #17: This energy is spiritual (whatever that means).
Positive claim #18: This type of 'energy control' is why we have psychopaths.

There.
18 positive claims, many of which fall into the 'extraordinary claims' category, and as such, according to Carl Sagan, require extraordinary evidence.
So, it seems that it is time for you to get to work. ;)

Prove it.

Super Universe

Defender of God
No. There is no something which does not exist. You have proven that empty means unsaleable ! Except to those who can clearly see the emperor's new clorhes.

Fine. Now pull your head out of your ***

If your *** is truly empty, is that because your head isn't in it ?

And if your philosophy is empty, is that because your heart isn't in it ?

It all sounds so cosmic in theory,,,

Is that because ordinary mind isn't in it ?

Wow. Orders on an online forum. Is this how you usually get your way, by insulting others?

Orbital

But you said that in order to experience something we have to not be a part of it, so how do we do that?

What do you mean? In the example you gave, we are not the stomach acids that induce the sensories in the stomach to give information to the brain. Therefore we are not part of what we experience.

Super Universe

Defender of God
What do you mean? In the example you gave, we are not the stomach acids that induce the sensories in the stomach to give information to the brain. Therefore we are not part of what we experience.

So, because stomach acids are not us anything they cause is not an experience, to us?

Then what things make up us?

Orbital

So, because stomach acids are not us anything they cause is not an experience, to us?

No. The stomach acids induce certain sensories (which the cause to move) to release information to the brain which is processed.

Then what things make up us?

We, or the 'I', are equatable to the brain.

"Their" is any person who makes a statement. To you, I can only know about you what you've said, but that's not true at all.

It is unlikely that we have met, regardless if we did you could not conclusively trace back this account to the person you have met.

I do not see how this is relevant to your blatant assertion that I claim God cannot exist because of some negative experience in my life.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Just did.
At this point you are either utterly ignorant of the workings of logic or you are just trolling.
So to you, logic explains the universe?

So you've come to my topic and declared "me" the troll? Is this you're usual tactic when you don't get your way with others?