• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Control

Super Universe

Defender of God
No. The stomach acids induce certain sensories (which the cause to move) to release information to the brain which is processed.

We, or the 'I', are equatable to the brain.

It is unlikely that we have met, regardless if we did you could not conclusively trace back this account to the person you have met.

I do not see how this is relevant to your blatant assertion that I claim God cannot exist because of some negative experience in my life.

A human is the brain, okay, but don't our brains use sensory input to learn about the universe?

Orbital

A human is the brain, okay, but don't our brains use sensory input to learn about the universe?

No. The brain uses the sensories to learn/experience the environment which is susceptible to being measured by such sensories. It does not experience the universe since it itself is part of the universe.

Super Universe

Defender of God
No. The brain uses the sensories to learn/experience the environment which is susceptible to being measured by such sensories. It does not experience the universe since it itself is part of the universe.

So nothing in the universe can experience anything else in the universe because they are all... in... the universe????

lunamoth

Will to love
All humans have one unit of God energy. We can freely give away this one unit of energy when we give our attention to something by looking at it, listening to it or them, feeling it or them, or by thinking about it or them (this is why you were told to pray). Have you ever felt someone looking at you then turned your head to see someone actually doing just that?

When you give away your energy you immediately receive another from the universe. All objects can receive this energy and when they do receive it the energy flows through them and returns to the universe. Essentially, every object can drain universal energy back to the universe but only lifeforms can receive this energy.

Some lifeforms are very primitive, they transfer their energy by touch whether they actually "feel" it or not. Humans, however, can touch, feel, see, and hear so they transfer much more energy than the primitive lifeforms.

This is the way God experiences His creation, His universe.

Now for the bad part, when we give away our one unit of energy we don't really feel anything since we receive another immediately but when we are the center of attention we are the conduit for large amounts of this energy. We feel it but we don't know there's a spiritual component to it. We think it's just nerves. What it really is is control. Control of other's energy. This is partly the reason people commit control crimes like rape and kidnapping. It's also the reason people seek "control freak" jobs like the military, police, and elected positions.

We love for others to see and hear us. We think so highly of ourselves because we've gotten away with manipulating others for so long.

Not everyone is a control freak. There are those who are very satisfied with their one unit of energy at a time. They love giving it away, some of them have become so good at giving it away that they transfer great amounts of it, as much as the control freaks do.

Which one are you?

Interesting perspective - thank you for sharing it. I don't think of it this way, that we control packets of energy and seek to either take and horde them, or give them away freely trusting that we immediately get more from the universe. I think it is more that we are all connected, and it is a matter of trust/faith whether we can accept that and so love unconditionally, knowing that love is currency and it needs to flow to have an impact.

And, similar to your view, I believe that the love we share does come immediately back to us from God. It is not material, but a flow or process.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
So to you, logic explains the universe?

Well, it does dictate how an argument is properly made.
Deal with that first and we can talk about the universe later...

So you've come to my topic and declared "me" the troll? Is this you're usual tactic when you don't get your way with others?

No, this is my usual tactic when I meet people who don't understand/ignore logic.

"Your" topic... Mate, this is a public forum. ;)
Don't like it when people point out the shortcomings of your arguments (or rather, lack thereof) then don't post in public forums.
Just because you started a topic doesn't mean that I have to accept whatever you say as valid. :facepalm:

Super Universe

Defender of God
Interesting perspective - thank you for sharing it. I don't think of it this way, that we control packets of energy and seek to either take and horde them, or give them away freely trusting that we immediately get more from the universe. I think it is more that we are all connected, and it is a matter of trust/faith whether we can accept that and so love unconditionally, knowing that love is currency and it needs to flow to have an impact.

And, similar to your view, I believe that the love we share does come immediately back to us from God. It is not material, but a flow or process.

We don't control packets of energy, we really only control our one unit. We can distribute it as we wish. What people so often want is to be famous, to be a celebrity, to be rich and desired by others so they can be the conduit for more and more of this energy.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Well, it does dictate how an argument is properly made.
Deal with that first and we can talk about the universe later...

No, this is my usual tactic when I meet people who don't understand/ignore logic.

"Your" topic... Mate, this is a public forum. ;)
Don't like it when people point out the shortcomings of your arguments (or rather, lack thereof) then don't post in public forums.
Just because you started a topic doesn't mean that I have to accept whatever you say as valid. :facepalm:

You haven't even noticed that you're verifying my original post, you're trying to control what I say and how I say it.

Why do you think you have to be in control so much?

Orbital

So, in your mind, nothing can experience anything inside of them?

Nothing can experience itself, it is so set forth by the definition of experience that something unknown, or rather more general and accurate, something that is to be measured is at play.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Nothing can experience itself, it is so set forth by the definition of experience that something unknown, or rather more general and accurate, something that is to be measured is at play.

You have quite a different definition of the word "experience" than others.

Fine, then replace the word experience with another word, how about "This is the way God discovers His creation, His universe".

Orbital

You have quite a different definition of the word "experience" than others.

Fine, then replace the word experience with another word, how about "This is the way God discovers His creation, His universe".

It makes no difference to the logical chain I have set up. Change the word experience to discover in my earlier post and the objection still holds.

Orbital

Ah, so how does logic explain love, desire, hate, obesity, and starvation?

You will have to be more precise in your question as I do not know what it exactly is you are asking.

Better yet, pick one example, define carefully and explain why logic is not applicable.

But I already see a fallacy innate to your question: Because as you might know; The lack of knowledge of something does not mean any proposition of that something is valid; Just like the fact that we could not accurately explain particles that moved at speeds close to the speed of light did not mean the scientific method was suddenly wrong, it simply meant that we did not know.

Super Universe

Defender of God
You will have to be more precise in your question as I do not know what it exactly is you are asking.

Better yet, pick one example, define carefully and explain why logic is not applicable.

But I already see a fallacy innate to your question: Because as you might know; The lack of knowledge of something does not mean any proposition of that something is valid; Just like the fact that we could not accurately explain particles that moved at speeds close to the speed of light did not mean the scientific method was suddenly wrong, it simply meant that we did not know.

Logic only determines whether an argument is valid or invalid. It does not apply to truth. It's a philosophical maze that people get into and keep thinking it will help them explain reality when it simply doesn't.

Logic does not explain the universe nor does it explain people. Human's are frequently illogical so why would anyone attempt to use it to explain them?

I didn't say the scientific method was wrong. It's one way of getting some answers but how could one use it to explain and understand God?