• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Control

Super Universe

Defender of God
Nope.
I'm merely holding you accountable for what you do say.
If you want to sprout unfounded gibberish, that's your business, but that also means that I have no reason to take you seriously.

:facepalm:

No, you don't want to be in charge? You really don't want to get your way here and anywhere else you can?

You're holding me accountable? There are no chains on me. I am not in a cage that you've built.

If I wish to sprout unfounded gibberish that's my business? And what is yours? Telling others that they have to prove something to your standards when we don't?

Orbital

Logic does not explain the universe nor does it explain people.

This is a too big and general statement; What exactly do you mean? What does it meant to 'explain' a person? There are so many aspect one could consider. The self identifying principle states that A equal A and therefore when we find something in the universe it equals itself. There is an aspect explained through logic.

I didn't say the scientific method was wrong. It's one way of getting some answers

You asked a question about how one might use logic implying that if these were not answered, using logic would be wrong. For the same reasons the scientific method is not wrong because it does not explain something, logic is not wrong.

how could one use it to explain and understand God?

Using your definition of God (Being God = universe), the scientific method is that which is used to gain evidence about the universe and therefore God (only in the sense of it being equated with the universe, there are some other contradictory properties you present which would make that entire sentence false)

Super Universe

Defender of God
This is a too big and general statement; What exactly do you mean? What does it meant to 'explain' a person? There are so many aspect one could consider. The self identifying principle states that A equal A and therefore when we find something in the universe it equals itself. There is an aspect explained through logic.

You asked a question about how one might use logic implying that if these were not answered, using logic would be wrong. For the same reasons the scientific method is not wrong because it does not explain something, logic is not wrong.

Using your definition of God (Being God = universe), the scientific method is that which is used to gain evidence about the universe and therefore God (only in the sense of it being equated with the universe, there are some other contradictory properties you present which would make that entire sentence false)

There might be an aspect of the universe that logic explains but that's like taking a ruler and trying to use it to measure everything with.

Orbital

There might be an aspect of the universe that logic explains but that's like taking a ruler and trying to use it to measure everything with.

I have explained to you multiple times now why this is not the case, please read through my other posts in this thread to find were I defined logic for you.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
No, you don't want to be in charge?

In charge of you?
Hell no!

You really don't want to get your way here and anywhere else you can?

'Get my way'...
You're funny. :D

You're holding me accountable?

Yup.

There are no chains on me.

There are plenty of chains on you mate, as there is on everyone, but none of them are of my making. ;)

I am not in a cage that you've built.

Indeed.
I don't build cages.

If I wish to sprout unfounded gibberish that's my business?

Exactly.

And what is yours? Telling others that they have to prove something to your standards when we don't?

Only if they want me to take them seriously.
If that doesn't matter to you in the slightest, by all means, carry on. ;)

Super Universe

Defender of God
In charge of you?
Hell no!

'Get my way'...
You're funny. :D

Yup.

There are plenty of chains on you mate, as there is on everyone, but none of them are of my making. ;)

Indeed.
I don't build cages.

Exactly.

Only if they want me to take them seriously.
If that doesn't matter to you in the slightest, by all means, carry on. ;)

What reward would there be in having you take me serious?

I think you've greatly overestimated yourself.