• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

contradictions in the bible???

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
YOU HAVE YET TO LEARN READING COMPREHENSION THEN!
Kettle, meet pot.

YOUR POOR READING COMPREHENSION MISLEADS YOU!
Again, Kettle, Meet pot.

you are not biblical, I am fine with the fact that you base your conclusionS on extrabiblical references. you can just say you are not biblical then were good.
Mat 19:9
"And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."
OPEN YOUR EYES;
THE VERSE ABOVE SAID A PERSON WHO DIVORCES HIS WIFE COMMITS ADULTERY, EXCEPT FOR FORNICATION.
It is not adultery unless they remarry after a divorce over something other than:
1. The incontinence or lewdness of unmarried persons, male or female; also, the criminal conversation of a married man with an unmarried woman.

2. Adultery. Mat 5.
3. Incest. 1 Cor 5.
4. Idolatry; a forsaking of the true God, and worshipping of idols. 2 Chr 21; Rev 19.
DIVORCE OFCOURSE SHOULD BE DONE DURING MARRIAGE, IT SAYS THE VALID REASON FOR DIVORCE IS FORNICATION. THEREFORE FORNICATION BIBLICALLY SPEAKING CAN BE DONE DURING THE MARRIAGE.
What the heck are you talking about?
You cannot get divorced unless you are married.

YOU SHOULD FEEL INSULTED I EXPLAINED IT LIKE THIS YOU KNOW?:D

The really sad thing is that you find nothing wrong in belittling someone after an explanation was given for the misunderstanding.
Is this type of behavior what your god wants from you?
If so, than I want absolutely nothing to do with your god.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
YOU HAVE YET TO LEARN READING COMPREHENSION THEN!

Guess you then right are. wrong proved me have guess I you. Comprehension have no reading I.

YOUR POOR READING COMPREHENSION MISLEADS YOU!

Oh no! I think a word means sex between to unmarried people instead of with amarried person. I'M DOOMED!:eek:

you are not biblical, I am fine with the fact that you base your conclusionS on extrabiblical references. you can just say you are not biblical then were good.

Wow, it took you clear until now to realize I'm not biblical! What I'm confused about is how you thought I was Biblical in the First place. You must have thought I'm a few thousand years old. Well I hate to break it to you but I'm not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.

"And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."

I answered this in your other thread.

OPEN YOUR EYES;

They're open. It would really ahrd to do my work or even type this reply if they were closed.

THE VERSE ABOVE SAID A PERSON WHO DIVORCES HIS WIFE COMMITS ADULTERY, EXCEPT FOR FORNICATION.

DIVORCE OFCOURSE SHOULD BE DONE DURING MARRIAGE, IT SAYS THE VALID REASON FOR DIVORCE IS FORNICATION. THEREFORE FORNICATION BIBLICALLY SPEAKING CAN BE DONE DURING THE MARRIAGE.

So you're trying to insult me?

I thought Christ commanded us to love each other. Since you adhere to the Bible so firmly I thought for sure you would be living this commandment. Of course you probably came up with another interpretation that makes an exeption for you.

But honestly I'm not insulted at all. I've been using those words pretty much interchangably for a while but that was the official definition for me. But it seems that fornication is a broad term and adultery fits under that. Kind of like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

So are we going to make any progress in this discussion at all or are you going to keep saying the same thing over and over again?

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Aren't there two different versions of how he died?

Yep we're trying to find out which on is true. Because as uss_bigd says, "Two conflicting statements cannot both be true."

So if only one is true then that mean the other is false and thus the Bible is not correct in that account.

uss_bigd

Quote:

So you're trying to insult me?

I thought Christ commanded us to love each other. Since you adhere to the Bible so firmly I thought for sure you would be living this commandment. Of course you probably came up with another interpretation that makes an exeption for you.

But honestly I'm not insulted at all. I've been using those words pretty much interchangably for a while but that was the official definition for me. But it seems that fornication is a broad term and adultery fits under that. Kind of like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

So are we going to make any progress in this discussion at all or are you going to keep saying the same thing over and over again?

Stop whining and address the issues, Mat 19:9 specificallystated fornication can be done inside the marriage, and you said no. and now instead of defending yourself you are whining.

Good enough white flag for me sola'lor

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
hahahaha! now sola'lor is asking help from the athiest....

i can sense your fear....

What the heck are you talking about?! Seriously! What's your problem?

i can sense your fear....yup! fear God sola'lor... he did say his book will not miss anything ISA 34:16. and i read from it all the time...

So why haven't you addressed any of the contradictions I've brought up. If the Bible is aboslutely perfect, then why don't you tell me how those contradictions are not really contradictions.

Or are you too fearful?

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Stop whining and address the issues, Mat 19:9 specificallystated fornication can be done inside the marriage, and you said no. and now instead of defending yourself you are whining.

Good enough white flag for me sola'lor

Whining?! What?! What a re you talking about? You even get your own interpretations about what I say.

No offense intended but, can you even converse like a normal human being?

uss_bigd

What the heck are you talking about?! Seriously! What's your problem?

So why haven't you addressed any of the contradictions I've brought up. If the Bible is aboslutely perfect, then why don't you tell me how those contradictions are not really contradictions.

Or are you too fearful?

IF I GRANT WITHOUT ACCEPTING THAT THE BIBLE IS INCOMPLETE, ARE YOU THEN GOING TO ADMIT THAT YOU BASE YOUR CONCLUSION ABOUT POLYGAMY ON EXTRABIBLICAL REFERENCE?

DO YOU THEN ADMIT THAT POLYGAMY CANNOT BE BIBLICALLY ACCPETED UNLESSS YOU BASE ON THE BOOK OR MORMON?

YES OR NO?

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
You know you don't need HUGE RED ALLL CAPS LETTERS for me to see your posts.

IF I GRANT WITHOUT ACCEPTING THAT THE BIBLE IS INCOMPLETE, ARE YOU THEN GOING TO ADMIT THAT YOU BASE YOUR CONCLUSION ABOUT POLYGAMY ON EXTRABIBLICAL REFERENCE?

Ok so you said that you will explain those contradictions but still not accept the Bible is incomplete, but only if I will admit that claims about polygamy are extrabiblical?

Sorry but it really seems as though you're really desperate. I've challenged your belief that the Bible is perfect. It's up to you to prove me wrong or not. This has nothing to do with polygamy.

But I do base ALOT of my beliefs on extrabiblical references. The Book of Momron is not part of the Bible, The Doctrine and Covenents is not part of the Bible, The Pearl of Great Price is not part of the Bible. I thought our realized this when you strarted talking to an LDS.

The Bible is only part of the writings I believe to be scriptural.
DO YOU THEN ADMIT THAT POLYGAMY CANNOT BE BIBLICALLY ACCPETED UNLESSS YOU BASE ON THE BOOK OR MORMON?
YES OR NO?

You must not be reading the bible is you don't think it can be accepted biblically. THe OT is full of references to acceptable polygamy.

And as I've said before, polygamy is condemned in the Book of Mormon.

uss_bigd

And as I've said before, polygamy is condemned in the Book of Mormon.

may be today. but it was once accepted.

You must not be reading the bible is you don't think it can be accepted biblically. THe OT is full of references to acceptable polygamy.

I SAID DURING THE TIME OF CHRIST, WHEN HE DWELT AMONG US.

ARE YOU HARD OF UNDERSTANDING?

But I do base ALOT of my beliefs on extrabiblical references. The Book of Momron is not part of the Bible, The Doctrine and Covenents is not part of the Bible, The Pearl of Great Price is not part of the Bible. I thought our realized this when you strarted talking to an LDS.

The Bible is only part of the writings I believe to be scriptural.

SO, IS THE ACCEPTANCE OF POLYGAMY AT ONE POINT IN YOUR CHURCH HISTORY BASED ON THE NT?

YES OR NO?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
dnftt.jpg

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
may be today. but it was once accepted.

It was NEVER accepted in the Book of Mormon!

Jacob 2: 27
27 Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none;

This has been in the Book of Mormon ever since it was translated.

I SAID DURING THE TIME OF CHRIST, WHEN HE DWELT AMONG US.

ARE YOU HARD OF UNDERSTANDING?

SO, IS THE ACCEPTANCE OF POLYGAMY AT ONE POINT IN YOUR CHURCH HISTORY BASED ON THE NT?

YES OR NO?

I've answered you in the other threads. This thread is about contradictions in the Bible.

uss_bigd

It was NEVER accepted in the Book of Mormon!

Jacob 2: 27
27 Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none;

This has been in the Book of Mormon ever since it was translated.

I've answered you in the other threads. This thread is about contradictions in the Bible.

ok, acknowledged

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Yes of course, fornication can take place during marriage; but not with your spouse. That's why polygamy is not fornication; in the Bible, it is a permissible form of marriage. That's what the Bible says. Are you Biblical, uss?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

YES OR NO?
No, of course not. Polygamy is clearly permitted by both books of the Christian Bible. To say otherwise is to substitute your own judgment for God's. Do you need me to cite the verses again? If you disagree, can you cite the verse where it is prohibited? I say you cannot--because it doesn't exist.