• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Considering sun worship

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I’m considering sun worship. I always have since I was a young kid, but I repressed it due to my Christianity. Same with the full moon. I live in a place where it’s REALLY SUNNY :blacksunrays::blacksunrays::blacksunrays:
I would like to build a shrine dedicated to the sun and the moon. My delusions of grandeur tells me I am to build a sun temple. A simple shrine in the corner of my room will be suffice.
This is... animism?
I’ve always felt drawn to the sun and the full moon. I remember looking at the sun and calling out to Ra one time when I was seven, but then I got hit with a lightning bolt of shame and fear because of my Christian upbringing.
I don’t believe the sun is god, but I would like to align my energy with it, if that makes sense?
Any sun worshippers on here? Or animists in general? How do you go about it? :sunface::fullmoonface:
Many religions worship the Sun - Zoroastrian, Hinduism and other older religions.
Here is a Sun temple in India:
upload_2022-5-7_8-3-51.jpeg

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
You're in good company. This is from George Carlin:

“So rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn’t give a ****, I decided to look around for something else to worship. Something I could really count on. And immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that. Overnight I became a sun-worshipper.

"Well, not overnight, you can’t see the sun at night. But first thing the next morning, I became a sun-worshipper. Several reasons. First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Unlike some other gods I could mention, I can actually see the sun. I’m big on that. If I can see something, I don’t know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we’re not setting people on fire simply because they don’t agree with us.

"Sun worship is fairly simple. There’s no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don’t have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing. And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I’m unworthy. Doesn’t tell me I’m a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn’t said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don’t pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn’t presume on our friendship. It’s not polite.”​

People who like sunbathing are called sun worshippers in German.