• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conservative Only: Does Acceptance of Homosexual Behavior Lead To...? (Revisited)

After debating our differences a number of times here on RF with various liberals who support gay marriage, etc., I've tried my darndest to keep my mouth shut. We know where we stand, I see no point in beating a dead horse. But after some recent threads on RF, I cannot help but make a comment.
Gay marriage proponents often utterly reject the notion that acceptance of gay lifestyles will lead to acceptance of other lifestyles (polygamy, bestiality, etc), and can't stand it when conservatives make such a claim. Yet, already we are seeing, right here on RF, the extreme left wing thought process being taken to just that extent, in defenses by several people of polygamy and now bestiality. Sex is being made into something to be done whenever, however, and with who or WHATever one chooses. How far will that rationale take us (or more specifically, the left)? When will it end?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Please remember that this forum is for conservatives only.

Others may ask respectful questions in this forum, but they cannot debate the answers they receive to those questions. Nor can they express an outside opinion or POV. Thank you.

Buttercup said:
What does homosexuality have to do with beastiality?
Um...they're both forms of sexuality.

In addition, to put it succintly and hopefully avoid issues that have already been debated, the same arguments are used to defend them both. The same rationale (seems to, IMHO) lead from one to the other, as we are seeing in the far left wing thought becoming present on RF.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Liberals argue for a system of equal rights in order to give protection go LGBTQ members and their respective families - is there a system the conservatives of this forum have in mind for protecting LGBTQ members and their families, which is not a slippery slope?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Mike182 said:
Liberals argue for a system of equal rights in order to give protection go LGBTQ members and their respective families - is there a system the conservatives of this forum have in mind for protecting LGBTQ members and their families, which is not a slippery slope?

yes. we call it equal rights too. :D

Ðanisty

FerventGodSeeker said:
After debating our differences a number of times here on RF with various liberals who support gay marriage, etc., I've tried my darndest to keep my mouth shut. We know where we stand, I see no point in beating a dead horse. But after some recent threads on RF, I cannot help but make a comment.
Gay marriage proponents often utterly reject the notion that acceptance of gay lifestyles will lead to acceptance of other lifestyles (polygamy, bestiality, etc), and can't stand it when conservatives make such a claim. Yet, already we are seeing, right here on RF, the extreme left wing thought process being taken to just that extent, in defenses by several people of polygamy and now bestiality. Sex is being made into something to be done whenever, however, and with who or WHATever one chooses. How far will that rationale take us (or more specifically, the left)? When will it end?
I'm not a liberal (I'm not a conservative either), but my thoughts are that it's a concept of live and let live. What do I care what other people are doing in their bedrooms? It's not an extreme leftwing thought process. It's actually pretty neutral. Extreme would be requiring that everyone watch or particpate in that lifestyle as well.

PureX

Veteran Member
FerventGodSeeker said:
How far will that rationale take us (or more specifically, the left)? When will it end?
Why are you asking these questions only of religious conservatives like yourself? What can you learn, here, that you don't already presume to know/believe?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
FerventGodSeeker said:

This is in a political forum - which surprised me; when I saw liberal and conservative, I was thinking in terms of religious views.

Just what has politics got to do with sexuality..this is sincere, I don't understand the connection...

Mike182

Flaming Queer
PureX said:
Why are you asking these questions only of religious conservatives like yourself? What can you learn, here, that you don't already presume to know/believe?
is there a difference in thought on homosexuality between religious conservatism and political conservatism?

Edit: on reflection, that's a naff question, as those are two very vague concepts...

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
MOD POST

Please remember that these particular forums are similar to the 'same faith' forums. People who are not of the conservative persuasion are asked to not offer a dissenting view. Thanks!

END MOD POST

Sorry, all! Perhaps someone could start a thread in the debate section on this, so that this thread can remain of the same political approach.

Capt. Haddock said:
Why should anyone care who anybody else has sex with?

Why are right-wingers so inordinately obsessed with sex?
Ask Bill Clinton. Maybe he could shed some light on what it's like to be obsessed with sex.

PureX said:
If you actually believe that one conservative cannot learn or gain a slightly different perspective from another conservative, then your caricatured view of conservatism is even more one-dimensional than I would have thought.

michel said:
Just what has politics got to do with sexuality..this is sincere, I don't understand the connection...
Gay marriage is one of the big issues that left wing individuals push...if you really don't see how social/religious issues tie into politics, I'm not sure I can even explain it.

anders

FerventGodSeeker said:
michel said:
Gay marriage is one of the big issues that left wing individuals push...if you really don't see how social/religious issues tie into politics, I'm not sure I can even explain it.
Try to get away from your USAian perspective. If you want to find a Swede politically more to the right than yours truly, I advise you to start very early in the morning. And I'm 100% in favour of same-gender marriages.

anders said:
Try to get away from your USAian perspective. If you want to find a Swede politically more to the right than yours truly, I advise you to start very early in the morning. And I'm 100% in favour of same-gender marriages.
Since I have never lived anywhere but the USA, unfortunately how I process political thought most of the time is through the American system. I don't know if you've ever heard of the Libertarian Party of the USA, but they tend to be economically right-wing but socially liberal...do you think that would fit your views?

Dr. Nosophoros

When will it end? when human nature ends
Human animal laws do not reflect natural laws to a large extent, beastiality is extremely rare, homosexuals (male and female) make up a very small portion of our populations.