• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conservative Only: Does Acceptance of Homosexual Behavior Lead To...? (Revisited)

Crosis

You argument "if we allow same sex marriage whats next, bestiality, marrying animals, marrying children, etc.?" is no different than the argument "if we allow inter-racial marriage whats next, bestiality, marrying animals, marrying children, etc.?"

Since inter-racial marriage has been allowed for quite some time now, I figure you should be able to show where in the USA bestiality, marrying animals, marrying children, etc. have been legalized. I mean, that is your premise is it not?

Now i happen to know that these things you prophesize will come about with allowing same sex sex marriage has not come about since the allowing of inter-racial marriage, despite the prophesies that they would.

So what makes it different now?

there is no difference its called fear tactics they want to control everything if they cant control you they will try to scare you.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
To me there is no such a thing as "same sex marriage". Marriage is between a man and a woman, period. You can call unions of the same sex "civil unions" or "same sex unions". It is not marriage. You can call a dog a cat and it is still a dog. The same with marriage. You can call it same sex marriage, but it is not marriage, it is something else.
If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?

Four.
Merely calling a tail a leg, does not make a tail a leg.

You can rewrite the definition of the word marriage to mean whatever you like.
However, no one else has to accept your person definitions.

I oppose all unions that attempt to undermine the reason for marriage. That is to form a legal union for the basis of forming a family and to unify heterosexual couples in matrimony.
So you are also against infertile people from getting marriage?
How about those people who just flat out do not want children?

I am not anti gay. I believe that same sex attraction exists. However just because a person defines themselves as gay or lesbian does is not enough for their ends to justify their means.
What are you talking about?

When you throw around terms like homophobic or anti gay or right wing Christian nut job or I expected that from a Mormon, it shows to me where true tolerance really lies.
Please point out the posts where I have done this or retract your false allegation.

It lies with those who want to protect traditional morality from the encroachment of alternative definitions that do not fit society or our social structure.
Actually it lies with those who want to force their religious beliefs down the throats of those who believe differently.

True conservatism is not to agree on all points of view, but to agree on fundamental viewpoints that overall define individuals that unite them in a common belief and cause. Gay so called marriage is the one of those areas.
You can try to sit up on some superior morality high horse, but it only makes you look like a silly arse.

Most conservatives, if they are conservative, oppose redefining marriage.
The hell they do.
They are trying really really hard to redefine marriage as one man to one woman.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?

Four.
Merely calling a tail a leg, does not make a tail a leg.

You can rewrite the definition of the word marriage to mean whatever you like.
However, no one else has to accept your person definitions.

So you are also against infertile people from getting marriage?
How about those people who just flat out do not want children?

What are you talking about?

Please point out the posts where I have done this or retract your false allegation.

Actually it lies with those who want to force their religious beliefs down the throats of those who believe differently.

You can try to sit up on some superior morality high horse, but it only makes you look like a silly arse.

The hell they do.
They are trying really really hard to redefine marriage as one man to one woman.

The user you're quoting hasn't been active since 2009, according to his profile. This was a necroed thread.

angrymoose

angrymoose
After debating our differences a number of times here on RF with various liberals who support gay marriage, etc., I've tried my darndest to keep my mouth shut.

I find it sad that you feel you need to keep your mouth shut and I disagree with you.

I sometimes think, its an American thing, to try to preach free speech on one hand while shouting down one's opponent on the other.

We know where we stand, I see no point in beating a dead horse.

When the question is about policy that affects people that disagree with you, perhaps there is a point to discuss. The religious aspects of it are perhaps a different story. In that case, one discusses the reasons for the religious position which is "the bible said so in clear terms". Other reasons are up for serious debate.

Imagine if I, as an atheist, wanted to make believing in God illegal. For myself, I think, there is "no debate". "I know where I stand".

The problem is me wanting to propose laws on those that disagree with me.

There is a huge different between saying "I disbelieve in God" and "I want to make religion illegal".

Gay marriage proponents often utterly reject the notion that acceptance of gay lifestyles will lead to acceptance of other lifestyles (polygamy, bestiality, etc), and can't stand it when conservatives make such a claim. Yet, already we are seeing, right here on RF, the extreme left wing thought process being taken to just that extent, in defenses by several people of polygamy and now bestiality.

True. However, many people who accept gay marriage don't accept bestiality.

As for polygamy, our society allows people to have concentual sex with multiple partners. Adultery is legal and has been for quite some time and divorce is legal which is against a direct command by Jesus!!! It is very scary that some people are forced into marriages by some religious groups like extreme mormons but if a whole bunch of people want to have concentual sex, its already legal. Does this mean its "moral"? No! I'd certainly not want to "share" a spouse. The risk of disease is higher. How about practical? Poly-divirce would be a legal nightmare.

So, today, what happens when a married person has a baby out of wedlock?

Certainly, in my case, I believe one should be loyal to their spouse. I accept gay marriage and I respect the right of churches not to perform gay marriage ceremonies.

Sex is being made into something to be done whenever, however, and with who or WHATever one chooses. How far will that rationale take us (or more specifically, the left)? When will it end?

Well, sin is legal!!!

All around us, in our society,
1. people legally blaspheme
2. 100% of polician's lie
3. People look at other's in lust
4. People use God in order to advance their careers without sincerly believing in God
5. People worship other Gods
6. People cheat
7. Adultery is done

All the corruption you fear, is already here, it was hear 2000 years ago.

We are not of this world ... <-- Why did jesus say this.

Yukon

Why are conservatives so obsessed with sex ?

After debating our differences a number of times here on RF with various liberals who support gay marriage, etc., I've tried my darndest to keep my mouth shut. We know where we stand, I see no point in beating a dead horse. But after some recent threads on RF, I cannot help but make a comment.
Gay marriage proponents often utterly reject the notion that acceptance of gay lifestyles will lead to acceptance of other lifestyles (polygamy, bestiality, etc), and can't stand it when conservatives make such a claim. Yet, already we are seeing, right here on RF, the extreme left wing thought process being taken to just that extent, in defenses by several people of polygamy and now bestiality. Sex is being made into something to be done whenever, however, and with who or WHATever one chooses. How far will that rationale take us (or more specifically, the left)? When will it end?

ZooGirl02

Personally I believe that it will at least lead to polygamy and may very well lead to greater acceptance of bestiality and incest too. I don't know for sure if this is the case of course since I can't predict the future and wouldn't want to but I do believe that when you accept one sexual perversion, more follow.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Personally I believe that it will at least lead to polygamy and may very well lead to greater acceptance of bestiality and incest too. I don't know for sure if this is the case of course since I can't predict the future and wouldn't want to but I do believe that when you accept one sexual perversion, more follow.
Yes, because when this exact same nonsense was spewed in defense of banning inter-racial marriage we saw it come true after inter-racial marriage was legalized....

oh wait...
No we didn't.