• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Connections

Morse

To Extinguish
Does anybody else have those moments where you feel so completely overwhelmed and so completely enlightened that you simply don't know what to do?

Yeah me neither.

But here I am posting something about connections, and I present to you this tiny bit of information:

Every atom in our body is from a star. Every atom in a tree, also came from a star. Every complex atom on our planet, no, every complex atom in existence, came from a star.

Everything is connected, I have stated that in my code, and that seems to hold true here. When you begin to look in the correct places, you will always see patterns and connections, because everything is connected via composure and origin. We are all energy, coming from the same source.

And I was pondering this today after I took a hike into some forest about twenty miles away from my house. As I was surrounded by this biodiversity, it astounded me. I don't really know how to explain it at this moment, but I think I see something developing.

What do you think about these connections? Coincidental? Designed? Or am I just full of bull? How do you think similar revelations (not necessarily about this specific thing, but similar revelations) would affect our culture and society? Are we better off without the public thinking about these consuming topics (or at least they are consuming to me)? What do YOU think about these things!

Regards,
Morse

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend morse,

Does anybody else have those moments where you feel so completely overwhelmed and so completely enlightened that you simply don't know what to do?

Yes, it used to, very often.
Now, a balance too has developed..

Love & rgds

Yes Man

Premium Member
It seems to me that we create our own connections and coincidences. Best not to get to wrapped up in one set of connections and coincidences and appreciate the diversity of viewpoints in our world. Be careful around conspiracy theorists though.

Conspiracy Theorist Friend: You, Zenzero, and Morse posting in the same thread???

Me: It's not....

CTF: CONSPIRACY!!! You won't get to me! *jumps out the window*

Me: :facepalm:

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
Actually yes, regularly..

And yes, everything is connected. Everything is made out of energy and we are individualized units of energy incarnate.

imaginaryme

Four paradigm shifts from August to November, then the fire of 12/19 that burned my city down... everything's pretty much clear to me now; so, yeah. :D

It's the evolution of common conception. The weight of collective thought is breaking through the ice of environmental response and mere signal processing usually done by the brain. People everywhere are starting to see "the universal consciousness."

blackout

Violet.
Four paradigm shifts from August to November, then the fire of 12/19 that burned my city down... everything's pretty much clear to me now; so, yeah. :D

It's the evolution of common conception. The weight of collective thought is breaking through the ice of environmental response and mere signal processing usually done by the brain. People everywhere are starting to see "the universal consciousness."

My! You've been busy. :yes:

regulo

Learner
Nobody ever thought to tell me what the science is but the universe had to start somewhere and everthing comes from that start which means nothing didn't come from that or if it did the place would be a mess. I mean more of a mess :). So if it was a big bang or somebody saying "Let there be light" its the start of everything were talking about and that means that we're all just the result of that. In millions of years there'll be something else that we're the start for and we're part of that too. I say that everything si so connected that if something reached into our universe and took out an atom the rest would fall to bits. I mean more to bits :D

If you looked at one of the leafs you saw on your walk in the woods and looked at it with all of your body you would find the leaf is already in you. When you feel that connection you can see why all the universe is in that leaf and in you too. Thats what Jesus was talking about love your neighbor for because how could you hate someone when theyre just part of you anyway?

Jesus wasnt a man. Jesus was the Man :D

Last edited:

imaginaryme

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Very good lecture, answers your question from a scientific perspective..
That don't answer no questions, that explains stuff; and while there's much I find agreeable therein, I ain't buying it. :D

I tend to respect scientists, especially when they are sincere; so I would reserve a final analysis until I correlate more data, but he seems to be chewing on a lot of feedback and dividing by zero.

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
That don't answer no questions, that explains stuff; and while there's much I find agreeable therein, I ain't buying it. :D

I tend to respect scientists, especially when they are sincere; so I would reserve a final analysis until I correlate more data, but he seems to be chewing on a lot of feedback and dividing by zero.

I can not disagree.. I am just recovering from my own massive paradigm shift, things are now only starting to make sense again.. With the speed i am going i should be writing into an introduction thread every day, hi, i am Katia and i am all empty like a well burnt clay vessel.... Pour yourself into me..

imaginaryme

I can not disagree.. I am just recovering from my own massive paradigm shift, things are now only starting to make sense again.. With the speed i am going i should be writing into an introduction thread every day, hi, i am Katia and i am all empty like a well burnt clay vessel.... Pour yourself into me..
Happy New Year, you lovely, beautiful creature, you! :D

Love and beauty seem to be the essence of the universe, and such emptiness is both a reversion and an evolution. But restlessness seems to be anathema to enlightenment. Ol' Tom may be functioning off of the same principle as I - that my enlightenment exists to serve the world and not myself - but he made some comments that lead to conclusions of a certain nature... He equated a direct feed into the optic nerve to sensory deprivation, and that just ain't so. He probably knows this and just took a shortcut to avoid the technical details; but these kind of shortcuts tend to call into question his final hypothesis.

And if we're all just "digital information," where does his certainty arise? If one pours his mind into the machine, all realities become questionable. I could pour myself into left4dead, keep a journal, make maps and become one with said reality; but that doesn't make zombies real. Another thing with out-of-body experiences is the lack of creative chaos. We live in a world that is largely "money mad," so if one could leave the body and travel down the street invisibly, why hasn't this come up on youtube or somewhere? Corporate espionage through OBE - it could be happening - but one consistent factor with a criminal mentality is the overwhelming temptation to run the neck; this is the major factor that makes the courts effective. If criminals could keep their mouths shut, wouldn't be no prisons.

It's not that psychics and such are automatically criminals, it is just that it is a slippery slope. One could be saintly, and project; and become proficient at it. Yet, upon return, feel the weight of the world in terms of rent and food... nobody would know, speaks the devil on the shoulder, no one would get hurt; it wouldn't be missed... and then, it's off to the dark side, Luke.

The big thing, in my opinion, that "sticks in my craw" about Ol' Tom; is all the dancing around the big question. The god question. He talks of consciousness and learning labs and lowering entropy - all to the good - but he sets up a chain of causality that leaves the end hanging. What for? Where is this all leading? Where does it all come from? Two essential missing variables keep his big TOE from being my big TOE - his avoidance of god, and his flat out denial of the reality of infinity.

I watched for three hours... I can comment for three hours. :D Good link for all that.

Nobody ever thought to tell me what the science is but the universe had to start somewhere and everthing comes from that start which means nothing didn't come from that or if it did the place would be a mess. I mean more of a mess :). So if it was a big bang or somebody saying "Let there be light" its the start of everything were talking about and that means that we're all just the result of that. In millions of years there'll be something else that we're the start for and we're part of that too. I say that everything si so connected that if something reached into our universe and took out an atom the rest would fall to bits. I mean more to bits :D

If you looked at one of the leafs you saw on your walk in the woods and looked at it with all of your body you would find the leaf is already in you. When you feel that connection you can see why all the universe is in that leaf and in you too. Thats what Jesus was talking about love your neighbor for because how could you hate someone when theyre just part of you anyway?

Jesus wasnt a man. Jesus was the Man :D

I always considered the Big Bang and the term "Let there be Light." one and the same. :D

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
Happy New Year, you lovely, beautiful creature, you! :D

Love and beauty seem to be the essence of the universe, and such emptiness is both a reversion and an evolution. But restlessness seems to be anathema to enlightenment. Ol' Tom may be functioning off of the same principle as I - that my enlightenment exists to serve the world and not myself - but he made some comments that lead to conclusions of a certain nature... He equated a direct feed into the optic nerve to sensory deprivation, and that just ain't so. He probably knows this and just took a shortcut to avoid the technical details; but these kind of shortcuts tend to call into question his final hypothesis.

And if we're all just "digital information," where does his certainty arise? If one pours his mind into the machine, all realities become questionable. I could pour myself into left4dead, keep a journal, make maps and become one with said reality; but that doesn't make zombies real. Another thing with out-of-body experiences is the lack of creative chaos. We live in a world that is largely "money mad," so if one could leave the body and travel down the street invisibly, why hasn't this come up on youtube or somewhere? Corporate espionage through OBE - it could be happening - but one consistent factor with a criminal mentality is the overwhelming temptation to run the neck; this is the major factor that makes the courts effective. If criminals could keep their mouths shut, wouldn't be no prisons.

It's not that psychics and such are automatically criminals, it is just that it is a slippery slope. One could be saintly, and project; and become proficient at it. Yet, upon return, feel the weight of the world in terms of rent and food... nobody would know, speaks the devil on the shoulder, no one would get hurt; it wouldn't be missed... and then, it's off to the dark side, Luke.

The big thing, in my opinion, that "sticks in my craw" about Ol' Tom; is all the dancing around the big question. The god question. He talks of consciousness and learning labs and lowering entropy - all to the good - but he sets up a chain of causality that leaves the end hanging. What for? Where is this all leading? Where does it all come from? Two essential missing variables keep his big TOE from being my big TOE - his avoidance of god, and his flat out denial of the reality of infinity.

I watched for three hours... I can comment for three hours. :D Good link for all that.

Happy New Year to you too..

I agree, hardly a Gospel, yet strangely perhaps, he is talking about the only God that makes sense to me, Infinite God that is made out of constantly renewing and evolving infinite number of finite parts. Perhaps I just fail to understand how something finite like anything that is incarnate into any form, however perfect, can be the true god. God I believe in has no wants, or needs, it has a purpose and that Purpose is the ultimate drive to further perfection, as the perfection is not final and solid, it is a constanf fluid developement and evolution.

Just as the picture of Gwyneth talks to you of God, I see God in everything around me, see is the wrong word, I am aware of God in everything around me and this awareness and the ability to recognise this ultimate connection in me and everything around me is my worship...

imaginaryme

Happy New Year to you too..

I agree, hardly a Gospel, yet strangely perhaps, he is talking about the only God that makes sense to me, Infinite God that is made out of constantly renewing and evolving infinite number of finite parts. Perhaps I just fail to understand how something finite like anything that is incarnate into any form, however perfect, can be the true god. God I believe in has no wants, or needs, it has a purpose and that Purpose is the ultimate drive to further perfection, as the perfection is not final and solid, it is a constanf fluid developement and evolution.

Just as the picture of Gwyneth talks to you of God, I see God in everything around me, see is the wrong word, I am aware of God in everything around me and this awareness and the ability to recognise this ultimate connection in me and everything around me is my worship...
Not so strangely. Three hours of that guy, I only have two points of contention? That's a miracle. :D

He's a bonnie chap.;)

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
I wish i could just take things for what they are. I wish i didnt have the urge to understand. I wish i could just accept. Alas, this is where my path takes me, so I shall follow quetly and humbly and learn to unlearn...

imaginaryme

I wish i could just take things for what they are. I wish i didnt have the urge to understand. I wish i could just accept. Alas, this is where my path takes me, so I shall follow quetly and humbly and learn to unlearn...
We are definitely "of a kind." :)

But I got it a little easier. I have to resist the temptations of diving into set theory to unravel the paradoxes contained therein... ya know you are a geek when you have to resist the call of doing advanced math for fun. :D

Luminous

non-existential luminary
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Very good lecture, answers your question from a scientific perspective..
logically fallacious video. if there is paranormal why is there not extra-paranormal and super-extra-paranormal? his argument was fallacious. besides paranormal is a fallacious oxymoron. to define existance as a subsystem of reality is a HUGE GIANT leap. everything he deams as extra-reality is wrongly deamed so. semantics.