• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concept of Hindu Dharma (not religoin)

Kalidas

Just watched it on lunch. HOW AMAZING! Loved the video. Thank you much for sharing. My only question is in the beginibg when he was talking to guru Krishna(Krishna right?) Why was there an image of Kali?

Never mind I found out why. Wow I had no idea Ramakrishna was a devotee to Kali...just like me! And he also saw the same things in her I see. Sorry but learning about this really made me happy, almost like a reassurance that what I see and feel isn't just the mad thoughts of a lunatic lol

nameless

The Creator
First of all, pardon me if there is any ignorance in my post.

Nameless ji, but how can one follow dharma before guru ? its Guru who introduce us Dharma, if we can understand dharma without guru than what's the importance of guru ?
Agree that there wont be any spiritual progress without a guru, what i am saying is that having knowledge in dharmas helps an individual to have interest in spirituality and realize the importance of a guru.

If we are following dharma which is created by the guru of the guru, or the acient guru's than of course we are giving more importance to dharma before guru.
may be you are right, but i dont find any problem with that because once an individual finds a guru he keeps aside everything of the past.

such a relation will definately end one day when the disciple will find his Guru going against the teachings of that dharma, and in such a condition guru can never test his/her disciple.
this is where sanatana dharma is different from all other religions, it dont teach there is only one way to attain truth and it also teach the necessity of obeying the guru. So following a different dharma at the early stages wont be a big problem, and sometimes it would be helpful. But for someone who is so attached to islam and christianity, i dont think there is any hope he would accept a guru.

Thus.. by this i just want to say that guru should be equal to god for one true disciple, and this can only come true when any disciple is following dharma because of his guru, insted of following guru because of dharma, one disciple should never loose faith on guru either he's teaching according to dharma, or against dharma, only than one can be said as true disciple.
Hinduism teach exactly the same. The proof is that just see the number of gurus and sects inside the umberalla of hinduism, each sect follows only their gurus teaching, and does not care at all about other dharmas, and yet it is not in conflict with the religion in which they were born to. And this can never happen in any other religion, i hope you got my point.

The problems which you mentioned here only happens when followed religions like islam, christianity etc. I would appreciate if you would spare some time to post the same in the DIR of other religions.

Last edited: