• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comparing veiws Evolution and Creation.

What do you think

• God created us without evolution

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • God created us and evolution also occured

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Evolution (big bang)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Evolution (no big bang)

• Dont know but don't believe in God

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World just came about

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We were created by a different god instead of the god of Cristians, Jews and Muslums.

• Other religous explamations

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other non-religous explamations

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

OmarKhayyam

". . .now I want you to give me some kind of source to your claim that carbon dating actually works."

OK. Here: http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html

It is paper by a Christian scientist, geologist, that is pretty technical. I doubt you can follow it. I can't. I don't know enough chemistry and/or physics. But it clear that he has covered all the objections. He has data on 5 (as in FIVE) different techniques. They ALL come up with pretty much the same number; 3.5 - 4 Billion years old for the oldest rocks we have found.

He has, BTW much the same reaction as Darwin had to his discoveries. That this god guy is one awesome dude who has made one hell of a thing with this universe.:D

Tristesse

I am not saying its true. I simply think that by looking at the lenght of the list of Jesus's ancestors that it seems about right.

How many times does it have to be said, The bible is not an accurate source for information on this issue. And until you present evidence for why it should be an accurate source for information, there is no reason to think that it is. Not to mention, you are waaay of, if you do the genealogy of the bible, it's only about 6,000 years. So, not only does science disagree with you, but so does the bible. Thats why I was wondering where you got that piece of misinformation from.

Tristesse

". . .now I want you to give me some kind of source to your claim that carbon dating actually works."

OK. Here: http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html

It is paper by a Christian scientist, geologist, that is pretty technical. I doubt you can follow it. I can't. I don't know enough chemistry and/or physics. But it clear that he has covered all the objections. He has data on 5 (as in FIVE) different techniques. They ALL come up with pretty much the same number; 3.5 - 4 Billion years old for the oldest rocks we have found.

He has, BTW much the same reaction as Darwin had to his discoveries. That this god guy is one awesome dude who has made one hell of a thing with this universe.:D

ahh, come on! he's not a true christian, his ways have been perverted by that science mumbo jumbo. haha

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I read that to. It dosen't give scientific evedince but it says "The ptolemaic-era Egyptian historian Manetho mentions Moses. "

fantôme profane;1547800 said:
Meaning he heard part of the story, nothing more. That is not evidence Moses really existed.
Precisely.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
How many times does it have to be said, The bible is not an accurate source for information on this issue. And until you present evidence for why it should be an accurate source for information, there is no reason to think that it is. Not to mention, you are waaay of, if you do the genealogy of the bible, it's only about 6,000 years. So, not only does science disagree with you, but so does the bible. Thats why I was wondering where you got that piece of misinformation from.

Common sense and basic geology also disagrees. Why would God bother letting us date rocks and sediment layers in their millions of years when we were created 6000 years ago?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Storm I am confused. First you give us this theory that God created us through the Big Bang and then Evolution occured and now your giveing reasons why don't trust the Bible. So can you Explane yourself please.

People can believe in god without believing the goofy nonsense that other people attribute to god.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You admitted it yourself so why would peoplecare about him if he didn't perform any miricles. There is also mention of King Herod outside of the Bible.

We've already explained this once before, so why is it so hard for you to understand? Historical figures appeared in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Does that make the movie a factual documentary? No.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
The Bible is good enough proof for me because I don't know why its authers would make something up but if you need more proof here it is : ancienthistory.about.com/od/exodus/p/Moses.htm look at the bottom of the page and you will find it.

Are you referring to this:

"At conclusion of an excellent synopsis of the life of Moses, the article states that Moses "lost faith." In the modern context, to "lose faith" usually means that we no longer believe in God, have left our religion, become an agnostic, atheist, and so forth.... That lack of steadfastness showed he was no longer fit to lead the people as God's emissary."
Rabbi Mordecai Finley

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Read the section Titled "Historicity?."

Here's what JJM is trying to get us to read:

Historicity?:

The Ptolemaic-era Egyptian historian Manetho mentions Moses. There are other late historical references in Josephus, Philo, Apion, Strabo, Tacitus and Porphyry. These do not constitute scientific proof that Moses ever existed or the Exodus ever occurred.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
To be exact I beleive that the world is about somewhere between 30 thousand and 70 thousand years old. So know I have given you sourrces on my claim that Mosees existed and now I want you to give me some kind of source to your claim that carbon dating actually works.

And how in heck did you come up with that age? Does it bother you that your error rate is + or - >100%?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
To be exact I beleive that the world is about somewhere between 30 thousand and 70 thousand years old. So know I have given you sourrces on my claim that Mosees existed and now I want you to give me some kind of source to your claim that carbon dating actually works.

To be honest if that were so you'd not be able to found your house without expensive raft footings, but hey, what would i know right?

Perhaps this would be of use to you Soil Geology. Look at the bit about a soil profile, then maybe you will see that your guess is off by a few billions years. http://www.seafriends.org.nz/enviro/Soil/geosoil.htm

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
JJM, you never answered how the fossils specific species appear in specific sediment layers. Why would some species be found deeper than others if they all existed during the same time period?

Shahzad

Transhumanist
I view Reality as a self creating, self configuring, self processing "protocomputer", in which observable reality is embedded. As for evolution (the existence of which is, for me, as uncontroversial as that of gravity) some see in it a trend towards greater complexity, even viewing the emergence of intelligent life as inevitable. I think abiogenesis is inevitable given the appropriate conditions, from that seed of self replicating information complexity can grow. Is there a connection between biological evolution and cosmic "evolution"? I think so, but I'm not sure what it, though there is a clear trend in the complexity of information processing that occurs locally within the universe, one can even see it's next step, but who can know where it will end up?