• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communal sleeping - are you interested?

Who on RF would you join in a commual bed.

• No way. No how

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Their pets, yes.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Of course and I'll list who in my answer

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Just to sleep with and not "sleep" with?

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Sleeping with me is sleeping with my pets

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • What?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You should follow your husband's advice, surprise is the spice of life.
Its not surprising anymore, after about the 3,678th time saying it, though he gets what he wants enough of the time...

A surprise would be "I've shut off my phone so we can play a board game together." Now that would get me in the mood.

I think @JustGeorge would be a compatible companion.
I don't snore, but I wake often to check on everyone...

I'd be a good guard.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Im going to bed, anyone joining me for a good 6 hours sleep?
Its not surprising anymore, after about the 3,678th time saying it, though he gets what he wants enough of the time...

A surprise would be "I've shut off my phone so we can play a board game together." Now that would get me in the mood.

I don't snore, but I wake often to check on everyone...

I'd be a good guard.
Y'all two and @sun rise

I'll wake everyone up at 3 am because i got hungry and decided to cause ruckus...that lamp y'all have sitting over there looks fun to knock down *bats at it*

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Y'all two and @sun rise

I'll wake everyone up at 3 am because i got hungry and decided to cause ruckus...that lamp y'all have sitting over there looks fun to knock down *bats at it*
You know, I seldom have the cats wake me up.... but the dogs do occasionally. They don't bark, but they make noise, while the cats just sleep.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Once upon a time Europe was cut off from the rest of the world for several centuries due to the encroachment of, like, the Ottomans or something. And they forgot about hygiene for a while, and then Robin Hood came and fixed everything.

And that's when people stopped communal sleeping.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Does anybody here like Three Dog Night? The band's name was inspired by a story about the sleeping habits of Aboriginal Australians, who use their dogs to keep warm on cold nights (the colder the nights, the more dogs were piled on).

I voted "Sleeping with me is sleeping with my pets." I only have one dog, but luckily the nights where I live don't get as cold as a three-dog night.

Oh, and also some of Jeremiah's mighty fine wine helps with sleeping, too! :cool:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Y'all two and @sun rise

It is 2 am where I live. Time to wreck havoc looking for food *starts yowling*

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Part of the reason the practice of communal sleeping has faded away is possibly because of things like this:

1705242593803.png

1705242604289.png