• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming back as Sunstone

atanu

Premium Member
We experience the waking world. Enjoy some and then get tired. Go to sleep, often dreaming and see own-self playing or crying or ... and then go to deep sleep, losing touch with bodily self (waking gross body or dreaming light body). Then we wake up again. And the cycle continues.

How the same "I" continues through this cycle? Why I do not come up as Sunstone, enjoying erotic dances (and dancers)?

Sigh.

atanu

Premium Member
You have not sufficiently disassociated yourself from material things. Case in point : You wear pants, don't you?

You must be joking. Who wears pants in deep sleep? People start wearing pants in their dreams (some don't of course).

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
We experience the waking world. Enjoy some and then get tired. Go to sleep, often dreaming and see own-self playing or crying or ... and then go to deep sleep, losing touch with bodily self (waking gross body or dreaming light body). Then we wake up again. And the cycle continues.

How the same "I" continues through this cycle? Why I do not come up as Sunstone, enjoying erotic dances (and dancers)?

Sigh.
"There can be ONLY ONE!"

More (or less) seriously: how do you know that you don't? If you came up as Sunstone, you'd have all his memories, thoughts, etc., and none of yours. Otherwise, you'd just come up in his body, and everyone who knows him would think he was crazy because he'd be you in his body instead of him in his body, and who knows where his consciousness would be? Too much to deal with...wait, I haven't had my coffee yet...

atanu

Premium Member
Not bad at all. Hearing songs is all good. My philosophy guru, Schopenhauer says that music is the interface between finite mind and infinite divine.

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Define yourself when you are in deep sleep. I think, I am seeking answer to this exactly. Ha. Ha.:p

But seriously. This is the OP. Define your 'self' in state of deep sleep.

Let's see... The body going to deep sleep is something I'm not sure science found an explanation for. Because if it did, it would have found a way to keep it from going to deep sleep forever with the advance science, not just temporarily as with some specific medications. Even those temporary ways don't really keep the body functioning 100% all the time of their effect. Why can't the body, including the brain, just simply take a rest, staying there doing nothing, then after a while it recovers? The answer is because I believe there is something beyond science behind it, something spiritual perhaps, a kind of energy that has a hand in all this. It is believed that soul leaves the body as a living organism but with no actual sense of reality, consciousness or control. And that's my definition of self in the state of deep sleep.

By the way, I just came up with the above. Cool, huh?

Wait, what's a beep leap?

atanu

Premium Member
Let's see... The body going to deep sleep is something I'm not sure science found an explanation for. Because if it did, it would have found a way to keep it from going to deep sleep forever with the advance science, not just temporarily as with some specific medications. Even those temporary ways don't really keep the body functioning 100% all the time of their effect. Why can't the body, including the brain, just simply take a rest, staying there doing nothing, then after a while it recovers? The answer is because I believe there is something beyond science behind it, something spiritual perhaps, a kind of energy that has a hand in all this. It is believed that soul leaves the body as a living organism but with no actual sense of reality, consciousness or control. And that's my definition of self in the state of deep sleep.

By the way, I just came up with the above. Cool, huh?

Wait, what's a beep leap?

Deep Sleep. Dude, it is not beep leap, it is deep sleep. How can I cure your lisping? :eek:

Smarty, I like the following very very much. When is there not a soul but over it is a keeper?

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

"86.1": I swear by the heaven and the comer by night;
"86.2": And what will make you know what the comer by night is?
"86.3": The star of piercing brightness;
"86.4": There is not a soul but over it is a keeper.
"86.5": So let man consider of what he is created:
"86.6": He is created of water pouring forth,
"86.7": Coming from between the back and the ribs.
"86.8": Most surely He is able to return him (to life).

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
How the same "I" continues through this cycle?

The way I see it, it doesn't really. It is even one reason why we sleep: to become someone else as we awake. Someone less tired, hopefully more reasonable and more patient.

Nor is the effect always or necessarily subtle.

Why I do not come up as Sunstone, enjoying erotic dances (and dancers)?

Mostly because your brain lacks the neural learning that would sustain such a role, I think.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Deep Sleep. Dude, it is not beep leap, it is deep sleep. How can I cure your lisping? :eek:

Smarty, I like the following very very much. When is there not a soul but over it is a keeper?

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

"86.1": I swear by the heaven and the comer by night;
"86.2": And what will make you know what the comer by night is?
"86.3": The star of piercing brightness;
"86.4": There is not a soul but over it is a keeper.
"86.5": So let man consider of what he is created:
"86.6": He is created of water pouring forth,
"86.7": Coming from between the back and the ribs.
"86.8": Most surely He is able to return him (to life).

This is one part of the Quran when heard in Arabic it feels like it touches the soul. It always gave me a creepy feel, mixed with wonder and... fear.

Last edited: