• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colorado's Highways Being Secretly Sold to Goldman Sachs

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The information on the website is not entirely accurate, apparently, but it seems there's legitimate concern that the deal is not getting adequate public review.

Jeremy Mason

The information on the website is not entirely accurate, apparently, but it seems there's legitimate concern that the deal is not getting adequate public review.

Just curious, what information lacks accuracy. I'm trying to do as much fact finding on this as possible. Thanks. for the frubbee. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Just curious, what information lacks accuracy. I'm trying to do as much fact finding on this as possible. Thanks. for the frubbee. :)

I'm not sure. I ran the link you provided in the OP past someone involved in State government. They got back to me, told me they had checked into it, and that the website was not entirely accurate, but that there was a legitimate concern that the public review was inadequate. They didn't go into detail, because they are extremely busy, but they summarized their view as "This looks like it stinks".

Jeremy Mason

I'm not sure. I ran the link you provided in the OP past someone involved in State government. They got back to me, told me they had checked into it, and that the website was not entirely accurate, but that there was a legitimate concern that the public review was inadequate. They didn't go into detail, because they are extremely busy, but they summarized their view as "This looks like it stinks".

Thanks Sunstone, It's a little in the dark. I emailed Colorado senators and representatives with the link and they seem to think it is legit, but it stinks to high heaven. It wouldn't be the first time hood-winking has happened and my family is all over it now. there is a meeting at:

The Westminster meeting is Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at City Park Recreation Center located at 10455 Sheridan Boulevard, Westminster, CO 80020. The Louisville meeting is Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at the Louisville Recreation Center located at 900 West Appia, Louisville, CO 80027. CDOT and HPTE will also be presenting at a joint transportation committee meeting on Thursday at about 10:30 a.m. at the Capitol. You can attend or listen in online.

This important to all Americans and the link I provide is seriously important to everyone with some ears on. The people in the states need to have state rights in keeping their sovereignty concerning state, county and municipal roads. Some of our Colorado senators and representatives need to know that what is being said and what is actually happening are two different things. Keeping highways that are and will be funded by our tax payers is essential.

Last edited:

Jeremy Mason

Looking at Michiganistanian roads, I'm open to the idea of private ownership.
We're unpaving roads because we can't afford to maintain them anymore.

One must understand the unintended consequences of privatizing roads. Your state should have ample funds for its roads. They did in the past. Why don't they have those funds now?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One must understand the unintended consequences of privatizing roads. Your state should have ample funds for its roads. They did in the past. Why don't they have those funds now?
Our economic crash was earlier & more severe than most.
It's been a poorly run state, dependent upon an auto industry driven out.
As I recall, the last census showed we lost population.

We've seen the unintended consequences of government owning the roads.
I'd give private industry a try.

Jeremy Mason

Last edited: