• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colonel Henry Blake

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Spoiler alert for M.A.S.H.

Remember the end of season 3 of M.A.S.H.? When Radar comes into the room to deliver news of Col. Henry Blake's death, after a very heart warming goodbye episode for him. I remember ;-; haven't watched much M.A.S.H. since.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
M.A.S.H. was a great TV show, the likes of which will never be on broadcast TV ever again.

I don't watch TV anymore, outside of the ten o'clock news, for the weather.
(weather apps and such are no match for a live meteorologist explaining)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The M.A.S.H series is usually on one UK TV channel. I probably saw them all when originally broadcast and more recently. One of the best things to come out of America - with so many great characters and great acting, apart from the many ingenious plot lines. :trophy: :clapping:

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I watched that as a teen, there was nothing like it, and nothing like it since

It's currently being repeated on one of the satellite channels in the uk

PureX

Veteran Member
Man, that was a long time ago! I was a teenager when that show was on tv. I used to go over to my girlfriend's house and watch it with her, sitting on her bedroom floor. We couldn't even drive yet. And now I'm an oldster. We're talking 50 years ago! Half a century.

And I think Alan Alda is still with us! He and Kieth Richards should form a club. :)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Spoiler alert for M.A.S.H.

Remember the end of season 3 of M.A.S.H.? When Radar comes into the room to deliver news of Col. Henry Blake's death, after a very heart warming goodbye episode for him. I remember ;-; haven't watched much M.A.S.H. since.

I remember that episode.

I recall an argument between kids at school about it. For whatever reason, a lot of kids missed the very last scene where it was announced that Henry was killed, so they didn't believe that he was killed off. One kid who did see it was arguing with them and insisting that, yes, the character was dead. As it was the last episode of the season, the next week started the reruns, which showed episodes with Henry again, and those kids were saying "There, you see? He wasn't killed off!"

Trapper also left after that season, although they didn't have a big goodbye episode.

The show took a more serious turn when they dismissed Larry Linville as Frank Burns.

It's interesting to see how the show is viewed by today's audiences, as there isn't the same anti-war or anti-military sentiment as there once was during the 70s. Hawkeye's lechery probably wouldn't fly with today's audiences either, whereas it was viewed differently during the 70s.

Shaul

Premium Member
They are coming out with a sequel. It will be a cross between M.A.S.H. and a cooking show. It will be based on the M.A.S.H. cooks. It will be called M.A.S.H.ed potatoes.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
We watched MASH last night; the series is on either HULU or Netflix. There's another series I would love to find again, 'Hogan Heroes'.

Hogan's Heroes was another old favorite of mine. A lot of people didn't like it, but some episodes were hilarious.

PureX

Veteran Member
When I was a kid, a friend in the neighborhood's dad had been in one of those nazi camps during the war. And he dispised that show "Hogan's Heroes". It depicted the Germans as fools, and of course they were anything but that.

pearl

When I was a kid, a friend in the neighborhood's dad had been in one of those nazi camps during the war. And he dispised that show "Hogan's Heroes". It depicted the Germans as fools, and of course they were anything but that.

I can fully understand why he would feel that.