• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Powell, former secretary of state, dies of COVID-19 complications

esmith

Veteran Member
No! as a matter of FACT, he didn't.
Did you read the article you linked? Actually, read and understand it?
Do you know that Powell made his UN speech in 2003?
Do you know the article you linked is about 1991?

Many of your comments rattle around in the intentional misinformation bin. So, perhaps it is better for you if you don't try to pursue this any further.
So, you really think that Saddam destroyed his sarin gas after 1991. How about this article:
U.S. troops found nearly 5,000 abandoned chemical weapons in Iraq from 2004 to 2011: report
So, how about doing a little research before you go off the rail with your accusations. Or not.

ecco

Veteran Member
So, you really think that Saddam destroyed his sarin gas after 1991. How about this article:

How about it? First, you tried to defend Powell's lies about WMD by linking to an article that was about 1991. How did that happen? Did you not read the article or did you hope I wouldn't read it to expose you.

Now you link to an article about abandoned stores of chemicals. Did Colin Powell stand before the UN and say that there were abandoned chemical stores in Iraq or did he say Saddam was actively developing WMD's.

Here's part of what he said...
Colin Powell’s UN speech: a decisive moment in undermining US credibility
But Powell’s speech marked a decisive moment in undermining US credibility on the world stage – all the more because of the then secretary of state’s repeated insistence that his claims were based on hard intelligence.

“My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources,” he said in the now infamous 5 February 2003 briefing. “These are not assertions. What we’re giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence.”
Powell did what he did for the reason I stated. Support of his Commander-in-Chief.

“For Colin Powell, the situation put reputation and duty in conflict,” said Sir Christopher Meyer, who was Britain’s ambassador in Washington at the time. “I think the sense of duty came from being a fighting soldier … When the commander in chief of the United States of America says ‘Go to New York and deliver a presentation’, a man like Powell doesn’t say no.”​

Powell himself later regretted his decision.
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2015/11/an-inside-view-from-powell-complete-with-regrets/
“I regret it. I will always regret it. It was a terrible mistake on all our parts and on the intelligence community … I wish it had been different, I wish I had more time. Maybe if I had another week or two my instincts would have seen through this or been able to do double-checking, but I didn’t have more time. But I’m not looking for an excuse. I gave that presentation. I gave it believing that everything I had said had been double-sourced, triple-sourced, and was accurate, but it was not.”​

So I really don't understand where you are coming from.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Watch live: Colin Powell remembered in funeral at National Cathedral - UPI.com

Nov. 5 (UPI) -- The funeral for former Secretary of State Colin Powell will take place Friday at the Washington National Cathedral, during which he will be memorialized as a trailblazing military leader and eloquent statesman.

Powell died at the age of 84 on Oct. 18 from complications due to COVID-19. Powell was the first Black American to be secretary of state, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and White House national security adviser.

President Joe Biden is expected to headline a list of political and military attendees at Powell's funeral Friday.

The funeral service is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. EDT.

Powell was secretary of state under former President George W. Bush and rose through the ranks at the Pentagon in the 1980s when Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush were in the White House.

"I remember the first time I ever met him, he was probably one of the most professional, dedicated, loyal, enthusiastic people I've ever been around," retired Army Sgt. Jack Tilly told WJLA-TV. "Fast forward like 10 or 15 years, I was a sergeant in the Army and I met him again, I met him a couple of times -- he was Secretary of State and he was the same way, he hadn't changed a bit."

Powell had multiple myeloma, a form of blood cancer, whose treatment made him more vulnerable to COVID-19, even though he was fully vaccinated.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You Me
You know No I don't there is some evidence which you can not produce I recall you recall many false ideas at the time that WMDs the non-existent WMDs were being shipped out of Iraq into Syria.

Why do you continue to post spurious allegations which you cannot support with facts?
You cannot substantiate that information yourself. What makes you think or better still, makes you convinced that it's not the case?

Have you provided and produced any facts yourself on the matter that you hypocritically accuse me of not providing?

I think not, nor will you ever. I'm quite confident of that particular fact at least.