• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon, . . .

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
No, no, no... you got that wrong.

Tea in the morning.
Tea in the afternoon.
Tea in the evening.

Only tea exists. There is only tea. Tea is life.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Decaff Americano in the morning.

Decaff Americano in the afternoon.

Alcohol free beer or rum in the evening.

I used to drink Earl Grey but went off it.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Never had coffee. Ever. I'm afraid of it.

I drink green tea sometimes. When I'm not being lazy, and am willing to turn on a kettle.

I drink a diet soda in the morning, because I'm an unsophisticated slob.

I drink water in the afternoon. Sometimes the flavored variety, sometimes just out of the fridge.

I either have a cheap beer type drink at night, or continue on with the water. I enjoy wine, but am not good with cutting myself off. I only drink it for celebrations where I'm sharing with others.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Would that be alcohol free rum?
It would. :)

IMG_7133.jpeg

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
How do you figure out if your non-alcoholic beer is really alcohol free(or is just very low)?
Simple question, messy answer. Percentage wise it will say on the bottle/can e,g, 0.0% or 0.5%. The terms low alcohol, alcohol free, no alcohol and NOLO get used rather interchangeably in the UK without much distinction. However I think which percentage means which designation varies between countries.
If a drink is no more than 0.5% I believe it can be broken down in the intestine by the liver, thus never reaching the bloodstream. So a dozen bottles of 0.5% beer WON'T make you drunk, just make you go to the loo. Apparently there's more alcohol in a ripe banana than an AF beer. :)

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Simple question, messy answer. Percentage wise it will say on the bottle/can e,g, 0.0% or 0.5%. The terms low alcohol, alcohol free, no alcohol and NOLO get used rather interchangeably in the UK without much distinction. However I think which percentage means which designation varies between countries.
If a drink is no more than 0.5% I believe it can be broken down in the intestine by the liver, thus never reaching the bloodstream. So a dozen bottles of 0.5% beer WON't make you drunk, just make you go to the loo. Apparently there's more alcohol in a ripe banana than an AF beer. :)
Is it safe for someone with medicine that has reactions with alcohol, though?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Is it safe for someone with medicine that has reactions with alcohol, though?
Simple question simple answer. If it's 0.0% yes (for the obvious reason it contains no alcohol). The "rum" I drink is not dealcoholised, it is a beverage that does not have, nor ever has had, alcohol in it.

I would suspect if it's got alcohol in the drink but is less than 0.5% that is still ok, given there is more alcohol in a ripe banana but I'm not qualified to give a definitive answer. I take meds which react badly with alcohol and I've never had an issue (and I've currently drunk 237 different AF beers :blush: )