• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Very well mind resilience - several??

Here is the first 2 catch my eye -

Survivors of natural disasters, victims of abuse and neglect, and soldiers who have seen the worst of war up close know the truth all too well: There is no shortage of adversity in life. Whether it’s a minor setback or a major trauma, we all endure hardships. The differences among us lie not only in the shape hardship takes but also in how we respond to it. Do you find yourself weighed down by your seemingly unlucky lot in life? Or do you embrace the struggle?

Resilience is the ability to cope with adversity and to use challenges to forge strength and prosperity. Having resilience does not mean that you don’t struggle, make mistakes, or need to ask for help. Resilient people keep plugging along even when the situation becomes ugly or exhausting. They learn from their mishaps and misfortunes, and they rely on others with confidence and trust.

Read the rest here -

How to Enhance Your Resilience to Bounce Back After Tough Times

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Celebrate your uniqueness - did a thread ...

Many other sites popped up in the google search ... for instance -

It’s easy to say, but hard to follow. Most of us compare ourselves to others even though we know better.

We compare ourselves for (unknown) human reasons, as it’s definitely not because it makes us better, more productive, or smarter in any way. If you simplify it one could say that a comparison is a reaction and/or an emotion.

We can’t always control our emotions, but we do have the ability to control what we do with this emotion: will you let it control you, or will you take back control?

How to Stop Comparing Yourself to Others & Celebrate Your Uniqueness

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For kind thread?? -

Blog - Janelle Johnston

ripple-effect.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Uplift connect happiness

The Science of Happiness: Why complaining is literally killing you -

Sometimes in life, all the experience and knowledge simmering around in that ol’ consciousness of ours combines itself in a way that suddenly causes the cerebral clockwork to click into place, and in this fluid flow of thought we find an epiphany rising to the surface.

One such point for me came in my junior year at University. It changed the way I viewed the world forever as it catapulted me out of the last of my angsty, melancholic youth and onto a path of ever-increasing bliss. Sounds like I’m verging on feeding you some new-agey, mumbo-jumbo, doesn’t it? Well, bear with me, because I assure you the point here is to add some logical evidence to the ol’ cliches, to give you what I would consider my Science of Happiness.

Read the full-article here -

The Science of Happiness: Why complaining is literally killing you

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Character traits you can cultivate - if you have the time & the inspiration -

25 Good Character Traits List Essential For Happiness

Here's a taste -

Respect:

With this character attribute you treat yourself and others with courtesy, kindness, deference, dignity, and civility.

You offer basic respect as a sign of your value for the worth of all people and your ability to accept the inherent flaws we all possess.

It's not limited to a single value, but the traits are demonstrated in the “good” choices they make and the “bad” choices they avoid.

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
You’ve probably heard of serotonin, as it’s one of the most important and most talked-about chemicals in health. As a neurotransmitter, serotonin is heavily involved in the brain’s internal messaging system. And while it’s widely viewed as the “happiness” chemical, it’s actually involved in a number of complex processes throughout the mind and body.

Based on a substantial amount of research, scientists have long believed that when a human being lacks enough serotonin or has a problem with the uptake mechanism of serotonin, that dearth contributes to anxiety and depression. However, the “serotonin model” is still just one hypothesis about how these mental illnesses work, and the relationship between them is still being worked out. The fact that serotonin levels do play a part in mood, however, is indisputable.

Read the full article here -

Mind and Brain Archives - The Minds Journal %

Looks a huge site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From tiny Buddha -

I didn’t realize that I was in a relationship with myself. I didn’t know that that was even a thing. I definitely didn’t know that the relationship I have with myself informs the quality of all my other relationships.

And so, I struggled through my relationships and endured experiences I wouldn’t have had if I had loved and valued myself.

I struggled with the pain and desperation of unmet needs but failed to see that I could give myself what I wanted and needed. By being blind to this, I made myself depend on those around me, which usually didn’t end well. Codependency ruled and ruined my relationships.

If You Want a Healthy Relationship, Value Yourself - Tiny Buddha

Scroll down to her bio!

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Prolific living happiness? -

If you met me 10 years ago, you’d think me ambitious, singled-minded, opinionated, self-righteous and very adamant about living life my way because that was the one and only path to success, quite obviously!

If we became really good friends though, you would see that I am forever searching for something else, an answer, a discovery, a shortcut to the end to make sure this is indeed the way. You would see that I am not half as confident despite my great level of success, which I so proudly defended.

You may even surmise that I am not happy and on many levels, you would not be far from the truth.

It took me a long time and a lot of courage to swallow my pride and shove my ego over the edge of a cliff so I could admit the truth to myself that I was not happy because that meant one thing: I am also not successful.

Read a lot more -

29 Things that I Let Go to Get Massive Success and Happiness in Life | Prolific Living

Enjoy!