• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The-best-things-in-life-are-free-600x600.png

Fun & Inspiring Archives - Tiny Buddha

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The very well mind site has loads -

The feeling of joy comes from losing yourself in the present moment and appreciating what you have. It's fleeting in that it can sneak up on you and sometimes can disappear if you try to analyze it too much. It can also be found in many things if you have the right attitude and perspective, so it's a relatively accessible form of happiness to seek.

The easiest way to find joy is to engage in activities you know usually bring you joy. This can be anything from yoga to amusement parks to your favorite music. It's also important to try some new things to find novel avenues of joy.

The How to Find Best Types of Happiness in Your Life

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Compassion for difficult people - a few? - for example -

We all have encounters with people who prefer to stay miserable, making everything difficult. They exist, and perhaps there was a time in your past when you once where one of those negative people. Perhaps you still can be at times.

As a former miserable person, I know it was my inability to handle my mental and emotional states that kept me oozing all over others. I felt so disconnected from life, living obsessively in my mind, that I truly felt helpless.

Most often that helplessness manifested into continuous critiquing, judging, anger, and sometimes even pure rage. I was unwilling to take full responsibility for my relationship to life. I wanted peace, joy, and harmony, but I was unwilling to do the necessary work to experience them.

Difficult people are demanding. They demand something from the external world in hopes of filling the disconnection and restlessness they feel within. Whether they are demanding our attention, a certain action or reaction, or a particular outcome, the root of their behavior is a demand for something other than what is.

Comes from this site -

Dealing with Difficult People: 5 Effective, Compassionate Practices

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness interview - several - eg -

What are your top tips for making this a happier New Year – by doing something proactive to get a handle on personal happiness?

TB: I have a few I recommend, as follows:

• Get outside, move around, take a walk.
  • Get more happiness for your money. Buy experiences instead of things and spend your money on others.
  • Carve out time to be happy, then give it away. Thirty minutes helping others is more rewarding and actually leaves us feeling empowered to tackle the next project, helping us feel more in control of our lives and even less pressed for time. This translates to higher levels of happiness and satisfaction.
  • Delay the positive, dispatch the negative. Anticipation itself is pleasurable, and looking forward to an enjoyable experience can make it all that much sweeter.
  • Enjoy the ride. People who focus more on process than outcome tend to remain motivated in the face of setbacks.
  • Embrace failure. How we think about failure determines whether it makes us happy or sad.
  • Sweet dreams. Get a full night’s sleep on a regular basis.
  • Strengthen your willpower muscles. Exercising willpower muscles in small, everyday behaviors strengthens our ability to stay focused at work.
  • Introduce variety into your day-to-day activities.
  • Stop comparing yourself to others.
  • Reach out and connect with someone.
  • Limit time on social media.
  • Use your phone in the way phones were originally intended.
  • Practice gratitude.

Realistic Ways to Achieve Happiness: An Interview with Tim Bono

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness resources unified theory of happiness? -

Oh my - loooks like I hit the jackpot? - Yet to fully explore ...

eg -

Wiseman smiled & replied with a very simple answer

“In the whole world only we humans have this definition of happiness & what we want is not real it’s all human-made illusion the difference between happiness & the real happiness of the soul is very clear. The things we want, we call it happiness and think that way & we feel sad about it if we don’t get it.

Happiness Of The Soul - Spirit Secret ⋆ Spirit Secret

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Lighthearted people - a couple? -

Smile to become instantly more likeable, attractive and approachable. To help brighten your face, think of your blessings. Smiling actually changes your emotional state. People like and trust smilers more. It’s been said that telephone listeners can see our smile. Mother Teresa encouraged smiling to help improve the world. Research studies have shown that smiling cools our brains while frowning heats it. It’s like having our very own internal air conditioner. Bring on the summer heat wave!

The Top 7 Habits of Light-Hearted People | Author, Keynote Speaker & Workshop Leader

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Thrive global kindness - for thread??

We interviewed Ariane de Bonvoisin, an author, speaker, entrepreneur and expert coach who focuses on life skills, change, happiness and inspiration. She’s noticed that most parents don’t allow their kids to have bad days. In an effort to “fix” the situation, we often end up stifling their true feelings. The trouble is, when we do that, kids may grow up to think something’s wrong with them unless they’re always happy.

Kindness - Thrive Global

How to raise a happy kid ...

:)