• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From the dreams of a better world page - dozens? -

Quotes-To-Help-You-Get-Through-Tough-Times-2-min.jpg

65 Uplifting Quotes to Help You Get Through Tough Times

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Meditation toxic emotions -

We are emotional creatures, and we were born to express emotions freely and openly. Somewhere along the way, however, many of us learned to repress emotions, especially those deemed “negative,” in order to fit in, earn love, and be accepted. This was my experience.

I grew up in a home where the motto was “Children are to be seen, not heard.” There was little emotional expression allowed, let alone accepted. No one was there to validate or help us process emotions in a healthy way. Anger was met with anger, fear went unacknowledged, and there was plenty of shame to go around.

My parents didn’t model how to deal with difficult emotions, as they struggled with that themselves. When those emotions showed up, I often felt overwhelmed and inadequate, ashamed of my failure to be a “good girl.”

I learned to bury my pain deep inside, feeling invisible, ashamed, angry, alone, and unable to ask for what I needed. Trying to hide the pain—from others and myself—I built walls, put on masks, and soldiered on. For better or worse.

How to Release Emotions Stuck in Your Body and Let Go of the Pain - Tiny Buddha

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We as humans like to believe "happiness" is the destination wherein there is no more challenge. Everything is easy.

In fact, it is quite the opposite. We love challenge. We thrive off challenge. We grow through challenge. We discover ourselves by being challenged. And it is not the thing itself, but your emotional state that decides whether or not that process of growing and being challenged is enjoyable, in the same way a workout can be enjoyable or grueling and painful (in the same way a workout to someone out of shape can be grueling and painful).

The simple act of developing positive habits in itself brings a deeply "earned" happiness. We are happy because we have overcome ourselves.

The 7 Best Pieces of Advice for Living a Happy Life

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
  • Treat everyone with kindness. Not only does it help others to feel better, but you will notice that you too feel good after having a positive interaction with others.

• Speak well of others. When you speak negatively of others you will attract more negativity to yourself, but when you speak positively of others, you will attract more positivity.

• Truly listen to others. Be present and mindful to what others are really saying when they speak. Support them without bringing yourself into it.

• Be careful with your words. Speak gentler, kinder, and wiser.
Loads more tips here -

Find Your Happiness: Top 7 Tips for How to Be Happy

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What you may not realize is that happiness and joy work together to provide you with a sense of wellbeing. The trouble is that the people around us may not understand that being happy isn't an instantaneous process. Let's look into the pressure of being happy and why that's detrimental to people who are actively working on their mental health. There's a pervasive dialogue in our society that focuses on long-term happiness. We need to work hard to find a place of contentment. There's much that goes into finding a sense of emotional wellness, such as talking to a therapist, making the shift towards a more fulfilling career.

When you reach out to a skilled mental health professional and confess that you're unhappy, that's the first step toward finding your purpose. You're not alone in your discontent, and it's okay to admit that things aren't as you want them to be. What can you do to find happiness? One thing that you can work on is your mental health, which will guide you towards a state of prolonged baseline happiness or contentedness as opposed to fleeting joy. Happiness isn't the opposite of being depressed or having a mental health issue, and in fact, people with mental health conditions can experience happiness.

Read more here -

Joy Vs. Happiness. What’s The Difference? | Betterhelp

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Essential Keys To True Happiness - Notes on bliss site has moved?? - or renamed? -

15 Essential Keys To True Happiness -

You are a once-in-humankind event. Your soul is a unique blend of passions, gifts and quirks. If you’re not showing up to the world as your true self or living in a way that feels right to you, you feel out of alignment and your happiness levels will suffer.

Flow is the feeling you experience when you get completely lost in something you love. It could be cooking, writing, painting, running, building, serving others or any number of things. When you lose yourself in something you love, you create the perfect space to "find" yourself — you experience your essential nature.

Read the full-list here -

15 Essential Keys To True Happiness -

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The Four Pillars of a Meaningful Life

Our culture is obsessed with happiness, but what if there’s a more fulfilling path?

Happiness comes and goes, says writer Emily Esfahani Smith, but having meaning in life–serving something beyond yourself and developing the best within you–gives you something to hold onto.

In this wonderful TED Talk, learn more about the difference between being happy and having meaning as Smith offers her four pillars of a meaningful life.

'Being' Happiness

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Brene Brown joyful moments

Gratitude joyful moments

Yes - the book is far better than I expected - and only 150 pages ...

Here's one site -

“Gratitude is one of the most medicinal emotions we can feel. It elevates our moods and fills us with joy.”

~ Sara Avant Stover

“Gratitude unlocks all that’s blocking us from really feeling truthful, really feeling authentic and vulnerable and happy.”

~ Gabrielle Bernstein

52 Inspirational Quotes On Gratitude That Will Transform Your Life | AwakenTheGreatnessWithin

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Richard Paterson happiness? -

Finding happiness is the primary desire of all people everywhere.

But what is happiness? And where is it to be found?

My own search for answers to this all-important question has taken me all over the world. I spent years in India, learning from different gurus. I lived as a monk. I studied Zen meditation in Japan and hung out with indigenous shamans in the Americas.

And, through all of this, I learned a lot about the causes of human suffering and, more importantly, how to identify and remove the blocks that prevent us from experiencing lasting peace and happiness.

Awaken The Happy You – Think Less and Grow Rich