• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.”

~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"It is true that overcoming obstacles and difficulties accelerates spiritual progress. The most serious lifetime difficulties, like severe psychiatric illness or physical disability, may be signs of life progress, not regress. In my opinion, it is often the very strongest souls who have chosen to shoulder these burdens because they provide great opportunities for growth." ~ http://www.well.com/user/bobby/SC/cr_quote.html

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Don't discount a psychic attack as too far "out there." It's real. It happens all the time. You can learn to protect yourself from psychic attacks as well as how to clear yourself of negative energy that comes from outside yourself. I tell you how to do just that in my new book, Be Your Own Shaman. You can learn to protect yourself and to undo connections that are holding you back.

Are You Under Psychic Attack?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Lessons in happiness for my younger self - several - from an old journal!

For example -

Things I would tell my younger self

I know that many of us can get lost in trying to impress other people and I bet we can all admit that it does hurt when someone doesn’t think highly of you, but the most important thing is that you think highly of yourself (not in an arrogant way of course) and that those around you can give you the confidence to believe in yourself. I know that if I didn’t care so much about wanting people to like me during the last few years and especially last year, I wouldn’t have gone through the few months of hurt and self-doubt that I did go through. I wish I could tell my younger self what I tell myself now and that I’d realised sooner that people will always have judgements and opinions of you but they shouldn’t define who you are.

https://myblurredworld.com/2018/04/29/10-things-id-tell-my-younger-self/

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
5f2ef54b8644a70a59e6f8fcf458debb.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Seven years ago, my colleagues and I wrote an article that committed heresy. We disagreed with Aristotle. This is not something mere mortals are supposed to do. After all, he is one of the smartest men in human history and beyond reproach (at least according to reviewers who disliked our article so much that they asked to write commentaries - read the first, second, and third, and then our response to them). What is our point of departure? It is the concept of eudaimonia. According to modern psychologists who translate Aristotle's work, eudaimonia is one of two types of happiness; the other type of happiness is hedonism. For definitions, read the descriptions of the so-called two types of happiness by Dr. Alan Waterman (an outspoken, highly cited psychologist on this topic):

How Many Types of Happiness Exist?

:)