• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classrooms!

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Open question to anyone interested in answering. What would you have preferred a high school class to be like? What are some problems you have with education in general? Rant to me. When my students reviewed me, almost all said they loved the class, but I want to incorporate more inputs. I'm a physics teacher who always aspires to achieve maximum results across the board.

Renji

You're a physics teacher? Cool. :) I had a physics subject last semester (I'm already in college). I love that subject, except that I wish that our lessons should have things that we can actually apply or appreciate more in "real life" and less of the theoretical/book based discussions.

Last edited:

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Open question to anyone interested in answering. What would you have preferred a high school class to be like? What are some problems you have with education in general? Rant to me. When my students reviewed me, almost all said they loved the class, but I want to incorporate more inputs. I'm a physics teacher who always aspires to achieve maximum results across the board.

I would have preferred more individual tailoring...I was always a bit bored with my classes because the material was presented to slowly or was geared toward some hypothetical "average" student. Do you do a lot of experiments and hands on activities in physics? Physics class is the perfect opportunity to inject engineering.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Like many schools, my school had different levels of difficulty for classes. But not all of the classes were available in some of the harder versions.

So while some classes were pretty much perfect and I wouldn't change a thing (they had low student/teacher ratios, plenty of discussion, good work, students treated like adults), other classes felt like I was in a zoo or prison every day.