• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classical Music Corner

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Bach is thought of as a keyboard player but I understand he was also an accomplished violinist. He certainly knew how to write to show the skill of a string player.

One of my brothers learned the A Minor concerto for his Grade 6 violin. My mother accompanied on the piano. This taught me, a non-player, quite a bit about the technical challenges. I‘ve enjoyed violin performances ever since.
I was a guitarist, emphasis on WAS. Played around a bit with classical guitar and mandolin as well. But my youngest was a classical Violinist. And is a classical violist and pianist. She was a violist in a couple symphonies and a couple chamber groups. She played the organ for a bit, but she says piano is her main instrument. Now she is in college learning the carillon.

Note: She also plays the Ukulele and the Baritone Ukulele

exchemist

Veteran Member
I was a guitarist, emphasis on WAS. Played around a bit with classical guitar and mandolin as well. But my youngest was a classical Violinist. And is a classical violist and pianist. She was a violist in a couple symphonies and a couple chamber groups. She played the organ for a bit, but she says piano is her main instrument. Now she is in college learning the carillon.

Note: She also plays the Ukulele and the Baritone Ukulele
She sounds very talented. I envy people like that. All I can do is sing, and pick out notes on the piano with one finger to check intervals etc.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
She sounds very talented. I envy people like that. All I can do is sing, and pick out notes on the piano with one finger to check intervals etc.
She is very talented, much MUch MUCH more than I am. She was in the college choir last semester too.

My oldest could not care less about music, he played the Ukulele for a bit, then stopped..... but he is darn close to his PhD in Engineering and Fluid Dynamics

exchemist

Veteran Member
She is very talented, much MUch MUCH more than I am. She was in the college choir last semester too.

My oldest could not care less about music, he played the Ukulele for a bit, then stopped..... but he is darn close to his PhD in Engineering and Fluid Dynamics
Jolly good. My son is in the 3rd year of his Ancient History and Archaeology course - not at all like his parents, both of whom went the STEM route (chemistry; mathematical engineering). He got to Grade 6 piano but then stopped. He may take it up again one day I suppose.