• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classical Music Corner

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What is it about the piece that makes you say about movie music? :)
It reminded me of some some movie music
I like, eg, Alien (Jerry Goldsmith). It felt like
program music that's not wedded to a program.

Note:
I know nothing about music, so I can't describe
it in any meaningful way.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
That would be an interesting affliction.
Yes. As well as being a composer, he was a pianist. The great majority of his music was for piano. A search for "Scriabin keyboard" brings this up:

4232C7D8-E8CF-46BA-97D3-F4E293828B95.png

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Rediscovering Shostakovich. Piano is my favourite for classical, but SQ comes a close second.

You like heavy music? Hold on...

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I've had an album of music by Berg for quite some time and didn't feel inclined to listen to it very often and then I put it on a few days ago and it was like "Where have you been all my life?"
Unfortunately he died relatively young of sepsis (as did Scriabin) so there is not a great deal for me to explore; but I've started. Pretty confident this is of no interest to anybody but there you go.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I tend towards the Baroque and Classical eras, I also like a few in the Renaissance, but they are few and far between after the classical era. But there are some I truly enjoy

Renaissance (c. 1400-c. 1600)
Baroque (c. 1600-c. 1750)
Classical (c. 1750-c. 1830)

exchemist

Veteran Member
I tend towards the Baroque and Classical eras, I also like a few in the Renaissance, but they are few and far between after the classical era. But there are some I truly enjoy

Renaissance (c. 1400-c. 1600)
Baroque (c. 1600-c. 1750)
Classical (c. 1750-c. 1830)
Bach is thought of as a keyboard player but I understand he was also an accomplished violinist. He certainly knew how to write to show the skill of a string player.

One of my brothers learned the A Minor concerto for his Grade 6 violin. My mother accompanied on the piano. This taught me, a non-player, quite a bit about the technical challenges. I‘ve enjoyed violin performances ever since.