• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Churches Challenge IRS

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Churches challenge IRS, claiming they should have the right to preach politics from the pulpit.

Pastors pledge to defy IRS, preach politics from pulpit ahead of election | Fox News

I agree with the churches. But I also think that *if they do,* they should be taxed. I wonder if they think they can have their cake and eat it too?
I agree with you. I'm on the board of two non-profits, and even though we have had candidates who want to be endorsed by us, we simply can't. And that is how it should be.

If the pastor feels that strongly about it though, he should be willing to drop his non-profit status. And I do hope that if they go through with it, they do loose their tax exempt status.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I for one would love to know who Jesus would vote for and which candidates have divine providence behind them. Which candidate is God's candidate? The believers need to know. ;)

Ah religion, freeing simple folks from independent thought and personal responsibility since the dawn of time...

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I for one would love to know who Jesus would vote for and which candidates have divine providence behind them. Which candidate is God's candidate? The believers need to know. ;)

Ah religion, freeing simple folks from independent thought and personal responsibility since the dawn of time...

By the time I left Christianity, I seen Jesus as the radical liberal, and the Pharisees as the conservative hypocrites. I'm convinced that, if he really did exist, and he lived today, he would probably vote liberal. Conservatives seem to go against everything he actually taught, and are more akin to Constantine, who used Christianity for political purposes, while starting arguments within the church, while never actually believing it himself.

Old Scratch

I for one would love to know who Jesus would vote for and which candidates have divine providence behind them. Which candidate is God's candidate? The believers need to know.

He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named no interest in your miserable & pathetic human affairs has. To Me this job falls.
Ever since 2008 have I my Anointed One supported. From those days....some praise which upon him I showered....

No payroll has he ever met.
nor cosigned for a business debt.
The jobs he held (if they are real)
sound like he's under someone's heel.
There was no business that he ran.
We know not if he even can
take on a post executive.
Yet blindly this job you will give.
Mind you now, he's still My servant.
By him I stand, with help most fervent.
Vote Obama.....often!