• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians on afterlife

JJ50

I believe it makes no sense to put ones hope in something that you think is not evident. So hoping that you will end when you die looks like a bad bet.
As there is no evidence whatsoever an afterlife exists, I suspect if I was a betting person, which I am not, I would place a bet on it not existing.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I'm not a Christian, I'm highly skeptical of Jesus but not as much God. I think the world needs more sex and rock'n'roll. Am I going to hell?

And don't say "Only God knows." Because the fact Christians preach about people going to hell if they don't repent, suggests they have spiritual insight into the matter.

It's a controversial question. But I won't get upset if you say "yes".

You're using a Biblical term -- Hell, right?
So, let's use the Bible.
Ecclesiastes 9:10
Douay-Rheims Bible
"Whatsoever thy hand is able to do, do it earnestly: for neither work, nor reason, nor wisdom, nor knowledge shall be in hell, whither thou art hastening."

Whom was this written to? Everybody! It was addressed to anyone reading it.

Here, read other versions of that verse, @BibleHub...
Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatever you find to do with your hands, do it with all your might, for in Sheol, where you are going, there is no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom.

Notice that Most render the translation of the Hebrew word "Sheol", which is used here, as "the grave". (One says "Hades", the Greek equivalent.) Sheol and Hades, in many Bibles, is often rendered Hell. The Catholic Douay does it more consistently, a good thing.

But that's all it is...just the grave. Jesus was in hell for three days after he died.

There's really nothing to fear. "God is love."