• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians on afterlife

leov

I respect other humans if they are deserving of respect. The Biblical god certainly doesn't deserve respect if it exists as it is evil.:mad:
What is said is "be benevolent" to the entire humanity. This the message God us to know.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Jesus said if you don't repent of your sins and receive him as Lord and Savior
you will end up in Hell

1 So did Jesus speak the truth

2 or was he a liar and deceiver and it was right to put him to death

Replace the word "Jesus" with "Christian Fundamentalism" and I agree 100% with the post.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Jesus said if you don't repent of your sins and receive him as Lord and Savior
you will end up in Hell

1 So did Jesus speak the truth

2 or was he a liar and deceiver and it was right to put him to death
I doubt that Jesus said that.
But nobody knows, Jesus left no records.

All we have is translations of interpretations of what some anonymous people think that they remember about what Jesus said and did.
Not the same as "Jesus says..." at all.
Tom

allright

Replace the word "Jesus" with "Christian Fundamentalism" and I agree 100% with the post.

Typical - people want to make it a matter of what people say and not facing the real choice of believing Jesus or approving his execution

There is no middle ground

And don't forget when asked if only a few people would be saved Jesus answer was "Yes" Most will end up in Hell

David T

Premium Member
Which obviously does not destroy the Christian Gospel of salvation.
Your statement can be used against Atheism too.
if I were to say, THE MAJORITY OF ATHEISM IS WACKY VIRTUALISM, just look at Stalin, and I rest my case.

if there are Christians who does wrong things, is this somehow evidence that God does not exist.
If this is what you say, my answer is:
What virtualism are you living in?
Indeed you are correct. Map of the territory i believe, i dont beliece i am agnostic is virtual fantasy.
The text is experience of the territory veing treated as a magical map it most certainly is not that. In doing so those who trameat it as such are not even aware of my daughter. No what they have done is place their intellect on high. Thats Garbage christianity. Which we have in abundance. Who cares avout it its goung extinct eventually.

shmogie

I'm not a Christian, I'm highly skeptical of Jesus but not as much God. I think the world needs more sex and rock'n'roll. Am I going to hell?

And don't say "Only God knows." Because the fact Christians preach about people going to hell if they don't repent, suggests they have spiritual insight into the matter.

It's a controversial question. But I won't get upset if you say "yes".
Christians can judge actions, or lack of action, yet to judge motives is something we cannot do.

Yes, repentance is key to salvation,but you don´t repent to me, you repent to God.

Here is truth that many refuse to accept.

We are all sinners, every one with no exception. Your sins, whatever they are, are no worse than mine, we are all in the same boat on that score.

We are totally estranged from God, for He despises sin. But we have an intercessor who solved the sin problem for us, as our substitute He payed the penalty for our sin, and lived a perfect life as our substitute, so we can be seen as sinless by God through him.

Repentance simply means making a conscious choice to turn away from our sin. To work to over come it, not to be saved, but because we are saved.

Now to your question. It appears that one who does not accept the intercession of Christ, will be lost in their sin. Notice I said appears, one is going on in their mind, if anything, between God and they is totally unknown to me, I can say nothing for sure about the disposition of their soul.

We know that God is perfectly just, and perfectly merciful.

Knowing that I have often wondered about, say an African 500 years ago deep in the interior of the continent. He is a good man , kind, loving, merciful, sharing, all the attributes a Christian should have, yet he knows nothing of Christ , will he be lost ? I haven´t a clue.

What I do know is that in Godś mercy and justice, things will be as they should.

shmogie

"Christians preach about people going to hell if they don't repent"

Its always appealing to say christians=xyz therefore....which is nonsense...

Its like saying all atheists=xyz therefore...which is nonsense.

I might say:
"Christians who preach about people going to hell if they don't repent are hell come to life"

so yes hell literally exists. Its wallowing in self importance, or sin, which one has to work at when reading the bible actually.

Eventually that goes extinct unfortunately not in our lifetimes. But someday, like 10,000 years at this pace.
Nope, hell, sheol in Hebrew is the grave. Utter and complete oblivion awaits those who have been judged by a totally just and merciful God, as deserving of the ultimate death.

allright

Given the number of Christians in the world, more than a few will be saved.

Or are you suggesting most Christians won't be saved?

The number will be a large number but a very small percent of the total world population

Also people saying their a Christian because they were raised that way or the go to church does not make one a Christian

You must be born again (repent of your sins and give Jesus total control of your life)

I know

I was raised a Christian, but didnt become one till was 28

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Anyhow, evidence, what evidence do you want that will prove to you that there is a God?
It's a good question, if you intended it honestly.

The best answer I've gotten when I have asked this same question is:

All the TVs, Computer Monitors, Tablets, and Cell Phones turn themselves on at the same time. Then all of these screens broadcast a message from God repeating on a loop, audio and video, spoken in the language of whom ever is watching. At the same time all of these screens levitate up 6 inches from what ever surface they are resting on.

And this continues in perpetuity forever.

That is within God's power; but the result would be terrifying, cause mass hysteria, and any non-believer forever after would be deemed to be insane.

This is why I don't think God wants to deliver undeniable proof, my friend.

David T

Premium Member
Nope, hell, sheol in Hebrew is the grave. Utter and complete oblivion awaits those who have been judged by a totally just and merciful God, as deserving of the ultimate death.
In a sense i enjoy that. Has a strong ring of justice. I visualized hitler for an eternity experiencing love trancendental. Thats actually a pain for someone like hitler far far worse than the lake of fire. It asks to give up something he held onto most dear.... himself but he cant thus he brings hell into life.

JJ50

There is nothing just and merciful about the Biblical god.

lostwanderingsoul

Most people do not understand that there are TWO hells. The first is simply the grave. Everyone will go there. The second is the fire that will destroy those who do not follow God's plan. But the good news is that everyone will have a chance to understand and follow that plan.

JJ50

Maybe ... just maybe ... what you were told about the Biblical God is wrong?

My thoughts about the Biblical god character, are the result of reading the Bible many times. If in the unlikely event that it actually exists, and what is attributed to it is true, it is worse than any human who has ever lived

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm not a Christian, I'm highly skeptical of Jesus but not as much God. I think the world needs more sex and rock'n'roll. Am I going to hell?

And don't say "Only God knows." Because the fact Christians preach about people going to hell if they don't repent, suggests they have spiritual insight into the matter.

It's a controversial question. But I won't get upset if you say "yes".
I think you are asking the wrong questions in as much as, as a Christian, sex is not "wrong" and rock n'roll is not "wrong".

The question is, "What is it about Jesus that you need answers to?"