• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Is Sola Scriptura Biblical?

Dogknox20

So what I hear is that in order to be a Christian I need to have a rewrite of John 17 as follows

1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Me, the hour is come; glorify Me that I also may glorify me:

2 As I hast given me power over all flesh, that I should give eternal life to as many as I hast given me.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know me the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom is the same person.

4 I have glorified me on the earth: I have finished the work which I gavest me to do.

5 And now, Me, glorify thou me with my own self with the glory which I had with me before the world was.

6 I have manifested my name unto the men which I gavest me out of the world: mine they were, and I gavest them me; and they have kept my word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever I hast given me are of me.

8 For I have given unto them the words which I gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from me, and they have believed that I didst send me.

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which I hast given me; for they are mine.

10 And all mine are mine, and mine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Me, keep through my own name those whom I hast given me, that they may be one, as I am one with myself.

If the 12 are to be one as the Son and Father are also a bit further down we find

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be cone in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
So the core nature and oneness of Christ and His father is what all believers are to become. So a billionity????
While not a rare belief in Christian circles it is hardly a universal doctrine and not one taught in the Bible. It is found in the creeds.
As for their being many gods. Christ shared a bit on this
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Now if he says this and I agree, how is this a lie from Satan?

The Prophet did not attack the truth, he called out the doctrines of men masquerading as the gospel.
Truth in love hope all is well....
You have a good question, you need to rethink it!
First... Baptism (Immerses) us into the Body of Jesus! The Great Commission... 28:19Go MAKE Disciples of all nations BAPTIZING.."!
Truth in love Clearly Baptism makes Disciples! NOTE...

Truth in love
note they made the Disciples with all of God' AUTHORITY! In the Name of the Father... With all the Authority of the "Father"; Speaking for the FATHER in God The Fathers NAME..., Representing the FATHER Make Disciples! Same with the Son.. "With all the Authority of the Son" representing the Son SPEAKING FOR the Son make Disciples baptizing! It's the same with the Holy Spirit; Representing God the Holy Spirit make Disciples of all nations Baptizing...!

NOTE....... "Jesus' is Brother to Disciples"!
Matthew 12 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.' .. IF...

Truth in love
if Jesus is your BROTHER then logic would say God is your father! Baptism IMMERSES us INTO the Holy Body of Jesus! IF.....
If you are IN the Body of Jesus then God is your father! LOOK....
3000 were ADDED to the Holy Body of Jesus the first day of Pentecost BY BAPTISM!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Jesus became BROTHER to 3000 the first day of Pentecost.... With the AUTHORITY of God 3000 were Baptized!

Truth in love I said all this (above) to get you to this point! It is... Baptism ADDS US to the Holy Body of Jesus; Communion KEEPS US in his holy Body! THINK: If you don't eat you die!
LOOK..
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.
&
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you

The Priest at the alter turns ordinary bread into the flesh of Jesus!
The Priest is the Hands of God!
The People through the Priest at the alter offer up to God this sacred gift.. The holy blessed Jesus.
Jesus through the Priest at the alter gives us this living life giving food.. His living forever flesh!

God is thus in Me; I am Thus in God I was IMMERSED into God when I was Baptized! . 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you.

I have to run.... Keep in touch!

Truth in love

Truth in love hope all is well....
You have a good question, you need to rethink it!
First... Baptism (Immerses) us into the Body of Jesus! The Great Commission... 28:19Go MAKE Disciples of all nations BAPTIZING.."!
Truth in love Clearly Baptism makes Disciples! NOTE...

Truth in love
note they made the Disciples with all of God' AUTHORITY! In the Name of the Father... With all the Authority of the "Father"; Speaking for the FATHER in God The Fathers NAME..., Representing the FATHER Make Disciples! Same with the Son.. "With all the Authority of the Son" representing the Son SPEAKING FOR the Son make Disciples baptizing! It's the same with the Holy Spirit; Representing God the Holy Spirit make Disciples of all nations Baptizing...!

NOTE....... "Jesus' is Brother to Disciples"!
Matthew 12 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.' .. IF...

Truth in love
if Jesus is your BROTHER then logic would say God is your father! Baptism IMMERSES us INTO the Holy Body of Jesus! IF.....
If you are IN the Body of Jesus then God is your father! LOOK....
3000 were ADDED to the Holy Body of Jesus the first day of Pentecost BY BAPTISM!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Jesus became BROTHER to 3000 the first day of Pentecost.... With the AUTHORITY of God 3000 were Baptized!

Truth in love I said all this (above) to get you to this point! It is... Baptism ADDS US to the Holy Body of Jesus; Communion KEEPS US in his holy Body! THINK: If you don't eat you die!
LOOK..
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.
&
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you

The Priest at the alter turns ordinary bread into the flesh of Jesus!
The Priest is the Hands of God!
The People through the Priest at the alter offer up to God this sacred gift.. The holy blessed Jesus.
Jesus through the Priest at the alter gives us this living life giving food.. His living forever flesh!

God is thus in Me; I am Thus in God I was IMMERSED into God when I was Baptized! . 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you.

I have to run.... Keep in touch!

I agree with much of that, but it does not address the points I was making.

Dogknox20

I agree with much of that, but it does not address the points I was making.
Truth in love I hope you are well.... FACT.. Christians have ALWAYS believed Jesus is God!
You said... I agree with much of that, but it does not address the points I was making.

I reply... AND....

Truth in love and what are the points that you made?!

You cannot rewrite the scriptures because they are the words of God... God cannot lie! You do not need to rewrite anything what you have to do is take the scriptures as a whole.. If you think they are contradicting then you must rethink yourself NOT.....

Truth in love
not rewrite God's word!

Word for word...
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was God 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
Truth in love... the word was God
Truth in love... Word for word... The Word became MAN!.... "God became Man"!

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

"My Lord AND God"!
Blessed are those who believes as you Thomas
!

Truth in love... Christians are blessed! . FACT.. Christians have ALWAYS believed Jesus is God!

Truth in love

Truth in love I hope you are well.... FACT.. Christians have ALWAYS believed Jesus is God!
You said... I agree with much of that, but it does not address the points I was making.

I reply... AND....

Truth in love and what are the points that you made?!

You cannot rewrite the scriptures because they are the words of God... God cannot lie! You do not need to rewrite anything what you have to do is take the scriptures as a whole.. If you think they are contradicting then you must rethink yourself NOT.....

Truth in love
not rewrite God's word!

Word for word...
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was God 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
Truth in love... the word was God
Truth in love... Word for word... The Word became MAN!.... "God became Man"!

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

"My Lord AND God"!
Blessed are those who believes as you Thomas
!

Truth in love... Christians are blessed! . FACT.. Christians have ALWAYS believed Jesus is God!

If Christ is His Father He hid that well. John 17 shows how they are one.

The Bible also says that people see God. So which is it? Was Stephan wrong when He saw Christ on the right hand of God? We’re Moses and the 70 Elders wrong when they saw God?

Dogknox20

If Christ is His Father He hid that well. John 17 shows how they are one.

The Bible also says that people see God. So which is it? Was Stephan wrong when He saw Christ on the right hand of God? We’re Moses and the 70 Elders wrong when they saw God?
Truth in love you are mixed up!

God is spirit!
You are Flesh AND Spirit! Not just spirit not just flesh! Man is both.. Flesh & Spirit!

The Spirit begat his Son! The Father (Holy spirit) through Mary (Jesus' Mother) formed Jesus in the womb!
The word became flesh... The word was born MAN... Flesh! .... Jesus is both Flesh & Spirit because he is man!

Jesus came as a man to die for us in our place! YOU CAN'T....

Truth in love you can't die as a man if you are not born as a man!

Jesus rose up into heaven after he completed his mission! Jesus rose up into heaven as a MAN... Both Flesh & Spirit!
"The Word (Spirit) became flesh and dwelt among us!"

Father Son and the Holy Spirit are GOD.. ONE! "The Father & I are ONE!"

Truth in love

The Bible tells us many things about God
Truth in love you are mixed up!

God is spirit!
You are Flesh AND Spirit! Not just spirit not just flesh! Man is both.. Flesh & Spirit!

The Spirit begat his Son! The Father (Holy spirit) through Mary (Jesus' Mother) formed Jesus in the womb!
The word became flesh... The word was born MAN... Flesh! .... Jesus is both Flesh & Spirit because he is man!

Jesus came as a man to die for us in our place! YOU CAN'T....

Truth in love you can't die as a man if you are not born as a man!

Jesus rose up into heaven after he completed his mission! Jesus rose up into heaven as a MAN... Both Flesh & Spirit!
"The Word (Spirit) became flesh and dwelt among us!"

Father Son and the Holy Spirit are GOD.. ONE! "The Father & I are ONE!"

Let’s look at this. “God is spirit” John 4:24. (The A was added and not in the text).

The verse also says that God seek such to worship Him in Spirit. So if God being spirit means that God is nothing else Then I can’t worship God all my life.

1 John 4: 8 God is love.

1 John 1:5 God is light.

If a statement that God is also means God is nothing else than John really did not know what is the world he was talking about.

On the other hand if these statements describe an attribute of God we should try to emulate and “Spirit” means for along the lines of spiritual vs non bodied. These verses all make a lot of sense.

Additional thought John 5:19 The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeith the Father Do. Would not returning to life be doing something? And not a trivial little act like stepping on a bug or eating, but a monumental event unlike anything else in the history of this earth?

On the bright side we are in agreement that Christ came to save and that it is something I could not have done for myself.

Dogknox20

The Bible tells us many things about God

Let’s look at this. “God is spirit” John 4:24. (The A was added and not in the text).

The verse also says that God seek such to worship Him in Spirit. So if God being spirit means that God is nothing else Then I can’t worship God all my life.

1 John 4: 8 God is love.

1 John 1:5 God is light.

If a statement that God is also means God is nothing else than John really did not know what is the world he was talking about.

On the other hand if these statements describe an attribute of God we should try to emulate and “Spirit” means for along the lines of spiritual vs non bodied. These verses all make a lot of sense.

Additional thought John 5:19 The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeith the Father Do. Would not returning to life be doing something? And not a trivial little act like stepping on a bug or eating, but a monumental event unlike anything else in the history of this earth?

On the bright side we are in agreement that Christ came to save and that it is something I could not have done for myself.
Truth in love Nice try... But you can worship God in spirit! You receive the Holy Spirit from Jesus as a GIFT when you are baptized (Immersed) into Jesus!.

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Your words...So if God being spirit means that God is nothing else ..
I reply: God is Spirit.. Father
God is Spirit and Flesh the Son! Being Immersed into the Holy Body Of Jesus; Jesus remains "Flesh and Spirit" because the Baptized are "Flesh and Spirit" (Holy Spirit the Gift)!

God is LOVE! To love God is to keep his commands!
1 John 5:3
In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

Truth in love Adam the first perfect man did NOT LOVE GOD! Jesus the last Perfect man "Loved God" his father!

Your words... The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeith the Father Do. Would not returning to life be doing something?
I reply: God raised up the dead! God the Son raised the dead! God the Son is a man.... God the Son is God/Man!

Truth in love Christians believe Jesus is God! The Anti-Christ is Anti-Christian! To reject Christian teaching is doing what the Anti-Christ wants you to do! The Jews reject Jesus is God they like you also say Jesus is but only a Man!

Thomas is a Christian... "My Lord and God"!

Truth in love

Truth in love Nice try... But you can worship God in spirit! You receive the Holy Spirit from Jesus as a GIFT when you are baptized (Immersed) into Jesus!.

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Your words...So if God being spirit means that God is nothing else ..
I reply: God is Spirit.. Father
God is Spirit and Flesh the Son! Being Immersed into the Holy Body Of Jesus; Jesus remains "Flesh and Spirit" because the Baptized are "Flesh and Spirit" (Holy Spirit the Gift)!

God is LOVE! To love God is to keep his commands!
1 John 5:3
In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

Truth in love Adam the first perfect man did NOT LOVE GOD! Jesus the last Perfect man "Loved God" his father!

Your words... The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeith the Father Do. Would not returning to life be doing something?
I reply: God raised up the dead! God the Son raised the dead! God the Son is a man.... God the Son is God/Man!

Truth in love Christians believe Jesus is God! The Anti-Christ is Anti-Christian! To reject Christian teaching is doing what the Anti-Christ wants you to do! The Jews reject Jesus is God they like you also say Jesus is but only a Man!

Thomas is a Christian... "My Lord and God"!

So in short accepting your teachings OVER the Bible is being Christian? I'm going to not buy that.

Dogknox20

So in short accepting your teachings OVER the Bible is being Christian? I'm going to not buy that.

Truth in love I hope all is well...
You are mixed up!

The One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church Jesus built on ROCK came 400 years before the bible! The Church is NOT the church of the Bible! The Bible is a book of the Church! FACT... The One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church made your bible! There were many phony letters kicking around back 2000 years ago no one knew what were the truly inspired words of God and what were not! It was the Church with the help of the Holy Spirit that decided! She (The Bride of Christ) decided what was truly inspired letters and what were the phony ones! EVEN....

Truth in love
even if all the letters had started with "This is the inspired words of God" we (Man) still would need an AUTHORITY to weed out the phony ones that also would have started with "This is the inspired words of God"!
The Catholic Church, none other decided what was NOT inspired and what was! She used TRADITION and the Bishops (Magisterium) to decide! You might as well toss your bible out of your stinking bathroom window if you reject the AUTHORITY of the Catholic Church otherwise how can you trust your bible is the inspired words of God? You Can't!

Your bible has 66 books because Protestant took 7 books out of the Bible the Bible always has had 73 books!
The First bible ever printed had 73 books "The Gutenberg Bible!".
Martin Luther's bible had 73 books!

The Church is the AUTHORITY to decide what the bible means she is the AUTHORITY to interpret scriptures NOT you NOT me! THINK.....

Truth in love think: If the Holy Spirit helped the Holy Church in deciding what was Inspired words of God and what was not DON'T...

Truth in love
don't you think God the Holy Spirit would not stick around and help his Church in the Interpretation of the same letters!

teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Truth in love

1 The writings that became the Bible are from prophets and apostles. If your point is accurate why does the Catholic Church not follow it?
Was it not 95 items Luther found incompatible between the Catholic Church and the Bible?
3. What you are suggesting is that I put trust in the views of church leaders over the prophets and apostles.
Never going to happen.

Dogknox20

1 The writings that became the Bible are from prophets and apostles. If your point is accurate why does the Catholic Church not follow it?
Was it not 95 items Luther found incompatible between the Catholic Church and the Bible?
3. What you are suggesting is that I put trust in the views of church leaders over the prophets and apostles.
Never going to happen.
I hope all is well...
Truth in love I am NOT asking you to put church leaders over the prophets and apostles.

I am pointing out... Jesus never wrote a word down.. Jesus established a CHURCH to go out into all the world and TEACH!
Jesus promised to be ALWAYS WITH his CHURCH to the end of time!
Jesus gave all of God' AUTHORITY to his CHURCH!
Peter spoke for Jesus; with the AUTHORITY of Jesus!
The CHURCH is the body of Jesus NOT..... Not a book! The Bible is NOT the body of Jesus.
The CHURCH made the Bible 400 years after Jesus ... The CHURCH came 400 years before the Bible! Your bible did not drop out of the sky with a cover and all the pages numbers it is a work of the One Holy Catholic Apostolic CHURCH established by Jesus! The CHURCH has AUTHORITY of God to interpret the scriptures! NOT YOU.. The reason there was thousands of Protestant (Protesting) Churches is because; man has taken on interpretation of the scriptures with ZERO authority to do so! Thousands of protestant churches all claiming to have the ONLY TRUTH BUT...

Truth in love
but not even two of these thousands believe and teach the same things!
The Bible is a Book of the CHURCH!
The Bible was made by the CHURCH so the CHURCH in various places would NOT teach error! The CHURCH for 2000 years has taught the peoples NOT a Book! MOST.....

Truth in love
most people could not read there were very few bibles around until the invention of the printing press... EVEN....
Truth in love
even then most could not read, the People were TAUGHT about Jesus and salvation by the One Holy Catholic Apostolic CHURCH! The CHURCH brought Jesus and salvation to the world NOT the bible, the Catholic Church uses the her bible to teach but NOT just the bible she also uses TRADITION and the AUTHORITY of her bishops!
It was TRADITION of Christians that Church used to decide the inspired words of God for her bible!

1 Corinthians 4:17
For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.
1 Corinthians 14:26
Good Order in Worship
What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.
Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

One Holy Catholic Apostolic CHURCH is the Body of Jesus! All others are impostors!

Truth in love

I hope all is well...
Truth in love I am NOT asking you to put church leaders over the prophets and apostles.

I am pointing out... Jesus never wrote a word down.. Jesus established a CHURCH to go out into all the world and TEACH!
Jesus promised to be ALWAYS WITH his CHURCH to the end of time!
Jesus gave all of God' AUTHORITY to his CHURCH!
Peter spoke for Jesus; with the AUTHORITY of Jesus!
The CHURCH is the body of Jesus NOT..... Not a book! The Bible is NOT the body of Jesus.
The CHURCH made the Bible 400 years after Jesus ... The CHURCH came 400 years before the Bible! Your bible did not drop out of the sky with a cover and all the pages numbers it is a work of the One Holy Catholic Apostolic CHURCH established by Jesus! The CHURCH has AUTHORITY of God to interpret the scriptures! NOT YOU.. The reason there was thousands of Protestant (Protesting) Churches is because; man has taken on interpretation of the scriptures with ZERO authority to do so! Thousands of protestant churches all claiming to have the ONLY TRUTH BUT...

Truth in love
but not even two of these thousands believe and teach the same things!
The Bible is a Book of the CHURCH!
The Bible was made by the CHURCH so the CHURCH in various places would NOT teach error! The CHURCH for 2000 years has taught the peoples NOT a Book! MOST.....

Truth in love
most people could not read there were very few bibles around until the invention of the printing press... EVEN....
Truth in love
even then most could not read, the People were TAUGHT about Jesus and salvation by the One Holy Catholic Apostolic CHURCH! The CHURCH brought Jesus and salvation to the world NOT the bible, the Catholic Church uses the her bible to teach but NOT just the bible she also uses TRADITION and the AUTHORITY of her bishops!
It was TRADITION of Christians that Church used to decide the inspired words of God for her bible!

1 Corinthians 4:17
For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.
1 Corinthians 14:26
Good Order in Worship
What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.
Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

One Holy Catholic Apostolic CHURCH is the Body of Jesus! All others are impostors!
"The CHURCH has AUTHORITY of God to interpret the scriptures!" The living prophets and apostles have this authority
Where are your apostles and prophets? These vital parts of the foundation where are they?

Dogknox20

"The CHURCH has AUTHORITY of God to interpret the scriptures!" The living prophets and apostles have this authority
Where are your apostles and prophets? These vital parts of the foundation where are they?
The Bishops are of the same linage of the Apostles!

Truth in love Peter the first Pope was given the keys to heaven by Jesus in person!

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

God made Peter Sheppard of his sheep!

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.

THE primacy of Peter is clearly noted in the Bible:
"And I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock ['Peter' is Greek for 'rock'] 1 will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matt. 16:19).
"I have prayed that your own faith may not fail; and once you have turned back, you must strengthen your brothers" (Luke 22:33).
God sent an angel to Peter to announce the Resurrection of Jesus (Mark 6:7).
The risen Jesus first appeared to Peter (Luke 24:34).
Peter headed the meeting which elected Matthias as replacement for Judas (Acts 1:13-26).
Peter led the apostles in preaching on Pentecost (Acts 2:14).
Peter led the meeting which decided on which terms Gentiles would be allowed into the Church (Acts 15).
Peter was the judge of Ananias and Saphira (Acts 5:1-11).
Jesus entrusted Peter with his flock, making him too a Good Shepherd (John 21:15-17).
Peter performed the first miracle after Pentecost (Acts 3).
After his conversion Paul went to see Peter, the chief apostle (Gal. 1:18).
Throughout the New Testament, when the apostles are listed as a group, Peter's name is always first. Sometimes it's just "Peter and the twelve. "
Peter's name is mentioned more often than the names of all the other apostles put together.
"God the father from heaven kept Peter from making an error" (Matthew 16:18)
"I have prayed that your own faith may not fail; and once you have turned back, you must strengthen your brothers" (Luke 22:33).
The primacy of Peter is clearly noted in the Bible: God sent an angel to Peter to announce the Resurrection of Jesus (Mark 6:7).

Truth in love The Catholic Church was established by Jesus before he left earth!
Jesus remains ALWAYS WITH his Holy Church until the end of time!
The BIBLE is a Catholic Book it was made by the Catholic Church it is interpreted correctly by the One Holy Apostolic Catholic Church!

Dogknox20

I add "Christians believe in ONE God" the LDS believes in Many gods they are NOT Christian!

Truth in love

The Bishops are of the same linage of the Apostles!

Truth in love Peter the first Pope was given the keys to heaven by Jesus in person!

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

God made Peter Sheppard of his sheep!

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.

THE primacy of Peter is clearly noted in the Bible:
"And I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock ['Peter' is Greek for 'rock'] 1 will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matt. 16:19).
God sent an angel to Peter to announce the Resurrection of Jesus (Mark 6:7).
Peter headed the meeting which elected Matthias as replacement for Judas (Acts 1:13-26).
Peter led the apostles in preaching on Pentecost (Acts 2:14).
Peter led the meeting which decided on which terms Gentiles would be allowed into the Church (Acts 15).
Peter was the judge of Ananias and Saphira (Acts 5:1-11).
Jesus entrusted Peter with his flock, making him too a Good Shepherd (John 21:15-17).
Peter performed the first miracle after Pentecost (Acts 3).
After his conversion Paul went to see Peter, the chief apostle (Gal. 1:18).
Throughout the New Testament, when the apostles are listed as a group, Peter's name is always first. Sometimes it's just "Peter and the twelve. "
Peter's name is mentioned more often than the names of all the other apostles put together.
"God the father from heaven kept Peter from making an error" (Matthew 16:18)
The primacy of Peter is clearly noted in the Bible: God sent an angel to Peter to announce the Resurrection of Jesus (Mark 6:7).

Truth in love The Catholic Church was established by Jesus before he left earth!
Jesus remains ALWAYS WITH his Holy Church until the end of time!
The BIBLE is a Catholic Book it was made by the Catholic Church it is interpreted correctly by the One Holy Apostolic Catholic Church!
I'm not aurging that Peter was anything less than the chief Apoistle. However I don't see that continuing in the Catholic Church.

Dogknox20

I'm not aurging that Peter was anything less than the chief Apoistle. However I don't see that continuing in the Catholic Church.
Truth in love There was NO Other churches until 1054 except the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church!
Apostolic because it has linage going back to the Apostles!
  1. St. Peter (32-67)

2. St. Linus (67-76)

3. St. Anacletus (Cletus) (76-88)

4. St. Clement I (88-97)

5. St. Evaristus (97-105

6. St. Alexander I (105-115)

7. St. Sixtus I (115-125) -- also called Xystus I

8. St. Telesphorus (125-136)

9. St. Hyginus (136-140)

10. St. Pius I (140-155)

11. St. Anicetus (155-166)

12. St. Soter (166-175)

13. St. Eleutherius (175-189)

14. St. Victor I (189-199)

15. St. Zephyrinus (199-217)

16. St. Callistus I (217-22)

17. St. Urban I (222-30)

18. St. Pontain (230-35)

19. St. Anterus (235-36)

20. St. Fabian (236-50)

21. St. Cornelius (251-53)

22. St. Lucius I (253-54)

23. St. Stephen I (254-257)

24. St. Sixtus II (257-258)

25. St. Dionysius (260-268)

26. St. Felix I (269-274)
    ETC 267 Popes in an unbroken line up to Francis!

Dogknox20

I believe what Jesus taught. Please explain how believing Christ is non Christian?
Truth in love.. You believe what Jesus taught?
Jesus taught: He will build his CHURCJH on ROCK not one sand..
He taught: HIS CHURCH will never fail! The Gates of hell will NOT prevail against Jesus' Church!
Jesus taught... "MY flesh is REAL Food. MY Blood is REAL Drink!"
Jesus taught... "I will be with you ALWAYS to the very end of the world"!
Jesus taught... "Go TEACH ALL Nations"! The Church TEACHES! This means if you reject the ONLY Church Jesus established you cannot be taught!

Truth in love.. You are forced to reject the words of Jesus to reject Jesus' Body.. His CHURCH!
Catholic' believe the scriptures.. All other MUST reject scriptures to stay in their protest against Jesus' holy Bride!

Truth in love

Truth in love.. You believe what Jesus taught?
Jesus taught: He will build his CHURCJH on ROCK not one sand..
He taught: HIS CHURCH will never fail! The Gates of hell will NOT prevail against Jesus' Church!
Jesus taught... "MY flesh is REAL Food. MY Blood is REAL Drink!"
Jesus taught... "I will be with you ALWAYS to the very end of the world"!
Jesus taught... "Go TEACH ALL Nations"! The Church TEACHES! This means if you reject the ONLY Church Jesus established you cannot be taught!

Truth in love.. You are forced to reject the words of Jesus to reject Jesus' Body.. His CHURCH!
Catholic' believe the scriptures.. All other MUST reject scriptures to stay in their protest against Jesus' holy Bride!

I've cited many of his teachers which you have dismissed. Do you honestly think that reposting the same out of context statement is going to change my mind?

Dogknox20

I've cited many of his teachers which you have dismissed. Do you honestly think that reposting the same out of context statement is going to change my mind?
You have NO authority to interpret the scriptures Correctly!
Jesus created a CHURCH he gave it his AUTHORITY to teach all nations!

The FACT there are over Thirty Five Thousand protestant churches today is because people think they have the AUTHORITY of the Church Jesus established 2000 years ago!
Over 35,000 churches all proclaiming they have the only truth but not even two believe the same things! All say they have their truth from the same book; The bible!

You reject the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church but you believe she put only the inspired words of God in her book.. The Bible! NO...

Truth in love
no other church is 2000 years old clearly NOT YOURS!
Jesus is ALWAYS with his CHURCJH to the end of time! He started with his Catholic Church so he must still be with his Catholic Church today! LOGIC ALONE....

Truth in love
logic alone tells you Jesus is NOT; he CANNOT be with your church or do you believe Jesus lied! Jesus did not build your church on rock!